[정보] DivX.com의 FAQ 해석본 (영문 포함)

질문과답변

[정보] DivX.com의 FAQ 해석본 (영문 포함)

1 김석현 2 3,219

General/일반적인 사항

Q: What is DivX™?
Q: DivX™이란 무엇인가요?
A: DivX™ is the brand name for high quality video compression technology. It allows the user to achieve high quality video at a low file size, making it possible to move these files over the internet.
A: DivX™은 높은 품질의 비디오를 압축하기위한 기술의 브랜드 네임입니다. DivX™는 사용자들에게 하이 퀄리티의 비디오를 작은 파일 용량으로 만드는 것과 그것을
인터넷에 올리게끔 만드는 것을 허락합니다.

Q: Who is DivXNetworks and how are they related to ProjectMayo?
Q: DivxNetworks는 어떤 사람들의 그룹이며 어떻게 하여 그들이 마요 프로젝트에
관련되었나요?
A: DivXNetworks is a company formed by Gej, L0g05, Bez, and a bunch of others. They created the company to improve DivX™ and build tools and products to make a high-quality standard for distributing video over the Internet. "Project Mayo" was the stealth name of DivXNetworks before the real name was announced. Today, Project Mayo is the popular development site where the open-source version of DivX compression technology ("OpenDivX") is created before your very eyes.
A: DivXNetworks는 Gej, Loq05, Bez와 다른 많은 사람들로 구성된 회사입니다.
  그들은 ①DivX 기술을 개선시키고 ②'인터넷으로 영상물을 배포하기 위한 하이 퀄리티의 기준을 만드는' 도구와 저작물들을 만들기 위해 회사를 만들었습니다.
마요 프로젝트는 DiVxNetworks라는 실제의 이름이 발표되기 전의 이름이었습니다.
현재, 마요 프로젝트는 "OpenDivX"가 만들어진 인기있는 개발사이트입니다.
(before your very eyes는 의역으로 '바로 당신의 눈앞에'라고 합니다. 없어도
문맥상 달라지지 않을 것같아 뺐습니다)

Q: Where can I download free movies?
Q: 어디서 공짜 영화들을 받을 수 있죠?
A: Whenever we find really cool content that shows off the great quality of DivX compression technology, we put it online in the DivX Showcase. You can download some content there that will really show you the capabilities of DivX compression technology.
A: 우리는 언제나 굉장한 수준의 Divx 영상을 찾을 때마다 그것을 DivX Showcase에 올려놓습니다.(www.divx.com의 showcase라는 메뉴) 여러분은 그곳에서 몇개의
자료를 받을 수 있지요. 그것은 진실로 당신에게 DivX의 가능성을 보여줄 것입니다.
(교묘하게 동문서답하는 듯한....-_-)

Q: How long does it take to download movies over the Internet?
Q: 인터넷에서 영화를 받는데 얼마나 걸릴까요?
A: That all depends on how fast your connection is and how large the movie is. On a good cable modem connection, you can expect to download a video in about half the time it takes that video to play. (E.g., a one hour video will take about 30 minutes to download.)
A: 그것은 당신의 접속상태(속도 등)와 영화의 크기에 따라 달려있습니다. 빠른 케이블 모뎀이라면 영화 한편을 받는데 30분정도 걸릴겁니다.

Q: I want to use DivX™ for my business. Who do I need to talk to?
Q: 제 사업에 DivX™를 사용하고 싶은데요, 누구와 얘기를 해야할까요?
A: DivX™ is free for everyone to use, but there are some requirements for people using it for commercial purposes. If you plan to use DivX video technology for commercial purposes, please email us at DivX Licensing.
A: DivX™는 사용하고자 하는 모든 이들에게 무료지만 상업적인 용도로 사용하고자 하는 사람들에게는 약간의 요구사항이 있습니다. 만약 당신이 DivX를 상업적으로 사용하고자 하는 계획을 가지고 있다면 우리(www.divx.com측)에게 DivX 라이센스에
대해 email로 문의하십시오.

Q: I have some DIVX DVD movies, how do I watch them?
Q: 저기 제가 DVDrip된 DivX영화들을 몇개 가지고 있는데 그걸 어떻게 볼 수 있죠?
A: Wrong DivX! Go to eBay and buy an old DIVX DVD player. Good luck.
A: 예? 당장 eBay로 가셔서 오래된 DivX DVD 플레이어라도 사보시죠. Good luck!

Codec/코덱

Q: Is DivX™ available for the Mac?
Q: DivX™는 매킨토시에서도 사용가능한가요?
A: No, DivX is not currently available for the Mac, but it will be soon. Watch this space for details.
A: 아니오, 아직까진 Mac에서는 사용할 수 없지만, 곧 될 것입니다. 보다 자세한 사항을 위해 이곳을 자주 들러주세요.

Q: What is a codec and why do I need it?
Q: 코덱이란 무엇이며 그게 왜 필요한거죠?
A: A video codec is software that has two main functions: 1) As a compressor it compresses a video source when encoding; and 2) As a decompressor for playing back compressed video. Without the correct codec installed, you will not be able to see the video.
A: 비디오 코덱은 두가지의 중요한 기능을 위한 소프트웨어입니다: 1) 비디오 소스를 파일로 인코딩할 때 쓰는 압축 기능으로서 2) 압축된 비디오 파일을 다시 풀기위한 기능으로서.알맞은 코덱이 설치되지 않고선 당신은 영상물을 볼 수 없을 겁니다.

Q: What are the minimum requirements for playing a DivX™ file?
Q: DivX™를 보기위한 최소사양은 무엇인가요?
A: Currently, the minimum requirements for Windows are:
Pentium II 450
64MB RAM
8MB video card
DirectX 7 or 8
Minimum 24-bit color when using Windows Media Player
A: 일반적으로 윈도우 환경에서의 최소사양은 다음과 같습니다:
  Pentium II 450
  64MB RAM
  8MB video card
  Directx 7 이나 8
  24비트 컬러로 윈도우 미디어 플레이어를 사용하는 것

We Recommend:
Pentium III 450 or greater
128MB RAM or Greater
16MB Video Card or Greater
DirectX 7 or 8
Use 24-bit color with WMP
권장사양:
Pentium III 450 이나 그이상
128MB RAM 이나 그이상
16MB Video Card 이나 그이상
DirectX7 이나 8
24비트 컬러로 윈미플 보기.

Q: Which Operating Systems will DivX™ run on?
Q: DivX™가 작동하는 시스템은 무엇이 있나요?
A: We are currently developing DivX™ to work on multiple platforms. Today it works on Windows 98, ME, 2000, CE, Mac and Linux.
A: 현재 우리들은 다양한 플랫폼에서 작동할 수 있도록 작업하고 있습니다. 지금까진 윈도우 98, ME, 2000, CE와 매킨토시 그리고 리눅스 등이 있습니다. (위의
맥용은 안된다는 답변과는 좀 다른듯?)

Q: Where can I download the codecs?
Q: 어디서 코덱들을 받을 수 있죠?
A: You can download the codecs from these links:
for windows
for mac
for linux
for CE
for Amiga
A: 실제 페이지의 각각의 항목(for windows, for mac 등)에 링크가 걸려있음.

Q: Is OpenDivX™ the same as DivX™?
Q: OpenDivX™는 DivX™과 같은 것인가요?
A: Yes and no. Yes, they are both versions of DivX compression technology. OpenDivX was launched as an open-source project on Project Mayo in January 2001. Today, the project continues as a collaborative, educational development effort, focusing more on improving visual quality than optimizing performance. Released in July 2001, the new DivX codec is technically and completely different from OpenDivX, with a different codebase. It has been optimized for greater performance and visual quality and has more features than OpenDivX. It's important to note that the two codecs produce compatible formats, meaning content encoded with OpenDivX can be played back with DivX, and vice versa. DivX will from now onwards be the version with the most new features and widest compatibility across platforms, so this is the version we recommend you use.
A: 그렇기도 하고 아니기도 합니다. 먼저 그것들은 모두 DivX 압축기술을 다룬 것이라는 것에서 같습니다. OpenDivX는 2001년 1월 마요 프로젝트에서 오픈 소스 프로젝트로 시작했습니다. 그 프로젝트는 퍼포먼스 최적화보다 시각적인 퀄리티 향상에 보다 초점을 맞추며 협력적이고 교육적인 작업의 노력으로 계속해나갔습니다. 2001년 7월 OpenDivx와는 완전히 다른 코드베이스를 가진 새로운 DivX 코덱이 릴리즈되었습니다. 그것은 대폭적으로 퍼포먼스와 시각적인 퀄리티가 최적화되었고 OpenDivX보다 더 많은 특징들을 가지고 있었습니다. 그리고 그 두가지의 코덱이 공존 가능한 포맷을 만든다는 것(즉 OpenDivX로 인코딩된 것을 DivX로 재생시킬 수 있고 그 반대의 경우도 가능한)은 중요한 점입니다. 앞으로 DivX코덱은 가장 많은 새로운 특징을
가지며 다양한 운영체제들을 넘어 널리 쓰이는 코덱이 될 것입니다. 그래서 우리는
DivX™를 추천합니다.

Q: Is DivX™ a hack of Microsoft code?
Q: DivX™는 마이크로소프트사의 코드를 해킹한 겁니까?
A: Definitely not. DivX™ was created from scratch by the people at DivXNetworks/ProjectMayo.
A: 절대 아닙니다. DivX™는 DivXNetworks/ProjectMayo의 사람들로부터 만들어진 것입니다.

Q: Did you guys steal the source code from Microsoft or MoMusys?
Q: 당신들은 마이크로소프트나 맥머시스 사의 소스코드를 훔쳤습니까?
A: No. We don't have access to Microsoft's source code and couldn't steal it if we wanted to! The MoMuSys source code, on the other hand, is publicly available source code specifically designed to help build other MPEG-4 implementations. And that's exactly what we're doing with DivX compression technology.
A: 아니오. 우리는 마소의 소스 코드에 접근할 권리도 없고 훔치고 싶어도 그럴 수가 없습니다! 반면에 맥머시스 소스 코드는 MPEG-4형식으로 만드는 데 도움을 주기 위해 특별히 제작된 공개적 소스 코드입니다. 그리고 그것이 바로 우리가 DivX 압축
기술을 가지고 작업하고 있는 목적이기도 합니다.

Install/설치

Q: How do I install the DivX codec?
Q: 어떻게 DivX 코덱을 설치하나요?
A: For Windows:
Go to DivX.com, download the DivX executable, and run it on your system. However, we recommend downloading The Playa because it comes with the latest version of the DivX codec installed.
A: 예를 들어 윈도우를 기준으로:
DivX.com으로 가셔서 DivX 코덱을 받으신 후 당신의 시스템에서 실행시키십시오. 우리는 최신 버젼의 DivX 코덱이 설치된 Playa를 다운받으라고 추천하고 싶군요.

Q: Will DivX™ overwrite other DivX codecs?
Q: DivX™는 다른 DivX 코덱들 위에 덮어쓰여집니까?
A: No. DivX will not change or modify any files relating to other DivX codecs.
A: 아니오. DivX™는 다른 DivX코덱에 관련된 파일들을 변경하거나 수정하지 않습니다.

Q: Why should I upgrade to the latest version of DivX™?
Q: 왜 최신버젼의 DivX™코덱으로 업그레이드해야하죠?
A: That's easy. Because it's the best DivX codec to date!
A: 간단합니다. 그것이 바로 지금까지의 최고의 DivX 코덱이기 때문이죠.

Encoding (Creating the DivX™ Video)/인코딩(DivX 제작)

Q: I want to encode my own videos, what encoding apps can I use?
Q: 나는 나만의 영상을 인코딩하고 싶습니다. 어떤 프로그램들이 필요한가요?
A: You can use many programs like VirtualDub or FlaskMPEG to encode with DivX. Check out our Software section to find these programs.
A: 당신은 DivX로 인코딩하기 위해 VirtualDub이나 FlaskMPEG같은 프로그램 등을 사용할 수 있습니다. 우리의 Software 섹션에서 그런 프로그램들을 찾아보세요.

Q: What is the best bitrate to use?
Q: 인코딩시 최고의 비트레이트는 무엇인가요?
A: We don’t know. It all depends. Are you streaming this video? Do you want a kick ass video but a really large file size? Are you watching this on your PDA? It all depends on your tastes and on what type of video you are encoding. Play around with the different settings and check the forums to see what others are using. We usually aim for around 700-780 for the size and quality we desire for full length movies delivered over a broadband network.
A: 우리는 모릅니다. 상황에 따라 다르니까요. 인터넷 방송용으로 쓰실겁니까? 아니면 무지무지 큰 용량이지만 끝내주는 결과물을 원하세요? 혹은 당신의 PDA에서 보고 있습니까? 그것은 당신의 기호와 인코딩하는 비디오의 타입에 따라 좌우됩니다. 여러 셋팅으로 제작해보시거나 포럼에 가셔서 다른 사람들이 사용하는 셋팅을 찾아보세요. 우리는 일반적으로 700~780MB에 맞는 용량과 퀄리티의 풀타임 영화를 목표로 합니다.

Q: What is the best resolution to use?
Q: 최적의 해상도는요?
A: See the answer above.
A: 위의 답변을 보세요.

Decoding (Playing the DivX™ Video)/디코딩(DivX 재생)

Q: What media players can I use?
Q: 어떠한 플레이어로 봐야하나요?
A: Windows Media Player 6.4, 7, Real Player, BS Player, and The Playa. DivX.com recommends using The Playa; find it in our software section.
A: 윈미플이나 리얼 플레이어 BS 플레이어 그리고 Playa등이 있습니다. Playa를 추천합니다.

Q: What should I do when Windows Media says, “Can’t find appropriate decompressor?”
Q: 윈미플에서 "적절한 압축 해제기를 찾을 수 없습니다" 라고 나올 때 어떻게 해야 하나요?
A: Make sure you have the latest version of DivX™ installed. Check that the file you are playing is a DivX encoded file. If you are playing a file that is encoded with another codec you will need to download that codec to play that file.
A: 최신 버젼의 DivX™ 코덱이 설치되었는 확인해보세요. 그리고 재생하려는 파일이 DivX 형식으로 인코딩된 것인지 확인해보시구요. 만약 다른 코덱으로 제작된 것이라면 그 코덱이 필요합니다.

Q: Why can I hear audio but not see video?
Q: 왜 소리는 나오는 화면이 안나올까요?
A: Make sure you have the DivX codec installed correctly (see install FAQ). Try reducing the video resolution to 800x600 or 640x480. And try changing the color depth to 24 or 32 bit. Lastly, make sure you are watching a video encoded with the same version of DivX you have installed.
A: DivX 코덱이 올바르게 설치되었는지 확인해보세요. 그리고 화면의 해상도를
800*600이나 640*480으로 바꿔보세요. 그리고 색상을 24비트나 32비트로 바꿔보세요. 그리고 파일이 필요한 코덱이 자신이 설치한 것과 맞는지도 살펴보세요.

Q: Why can I see video, but I can't hear audio?
Q: 그럼 소리가 안나오고 화면만 나오는건요?
A: Is the volume turned up? Make sure you have the correct audio codecs installed and that your sound card supports the audio format.
A: 볼륨이 죽어있진 않나요? 올바른 오디오 코덱이 설치된건지 살펴보시고 사운드 카드가 그 오디오 포맷을 지원하는지도 확인해보세요.

Q: Why does it play so slow?
Q: 너무 느려서 못보겠어요.
A: Does your system meet the minimum requirements? Do you have a lot of other things running? Close all other applications and try again. You also may need to turn down the level of post processing for smooth playback.
A: 당신의 컴퓨터 사양이 최소사양보다 낮진 않나요? 다른 프로그램이 실행중이진 않는지요? 다른 프로그램을 모두 닫고 다시 시도해보세요. 그리고 원활한 프로그램을 위해 시스템 리소스를 많이 확보해두세요.

Q: The audio is out of sync, what should I do?
Q: 소리와 영상이 싱크가 맞지 않는데 어쩌면 좋죠?
A: Make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements for the playback of a DivX™ file. Also try reducing the screen size to 800x600 or 640x480, and change color depth to 32bit.
A: 당신의 컴퓨터 사양이 최소사양에 적합한가요? 그리고 해상도를 800*600 이나 640*480으로 전환하고 나서 색상을 32비트로 바꿔보세요.

#. 퍼가는 것도 자유. 어색한 부분을 고치시는 것도 자유. 다만 좀 이 글 리플에라도 알려주세요. ^^
#.2 벌써 가을의 공기가.......
  • 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
  • 카카오스토리로 보내기
  • 네이버밴드로 보내기
  • 네이버로 보내기
  • 텀블러로 보내기
  • 핀터레스트로 보내기

Comments

1 김석현
앗참 프로그램 playa에 대한 질문은 뺐습니다....의미가 없을 것같아서..
1 손가
식스틴