Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Grass is Greener

2019 TRAILER for Grass is Greener: Trailer 1 List
      100% 8 Reviews Tomatometer 75% Fewer than 50 Ratings Audience Score Read More Read Less

Audience Reviews

View All (5) audience reviews
      Audience Member So interesting to see how culture has been altered in each stage of the war on marijuana. Fab 5 Freddy did such a good job on telling this story. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/30/23 Full Review Audience Member Incredibly entertaining and moving documentary! The pacing is perfection. I laughed so much and it was very powerful at the right moments. Blew me away. The direction, interviews, archival footage, editing and music nailed it. I loved every minute and recommend highly! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/26/23 Full Review Audience Member An amazing adventure into the history of racist drug policies of the US. Superbly edited, this Doc is one of 2019's best and is a must-see! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/21/23 Full Review Audience Member Let the people go and make the current profiteers pay reparations. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/05/23 Full Review Audience Member A must see. If you are looking for something that will make you go OMG. This is a film for you. Then and only then will your mind be open and you will have to think for your actual selves. Because our leaders have just led us astray... And on that note, I'm going to listen to some jazz, blues and reggae music now. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/18/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Show Less Cast & Crew Show More Cast & Crew
      57% 42% The Beach Bum TRAILER for The Beach Bum 57% 70% Domino: Battle of the Bones TRAILER for Domino: Battle of the Bones 93% 76% Beanpole TRAILER for Beanpole 40% 20% Twin Murders: The Silence of the White City 96% 54% Blood on Her Name Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (8) Critics Reviews
      M.N. Miller Ready Steady Cut Let me be blunt, Netflix’s new documentary film, Grass is Greener, is a stand-out effort from filmmaker Fred Brathwaite, bringing a steady hand to a film that is as eye-opening as it is sobering. Rated: 4/5 Aug 19, 2022 Full Review Juan Tomás Erbiti Clarín Sets a clear social, spiritual and ideological position. [Full review in Spanish] May 21, 2019 Full Review Brian Costello Common Sense Media Provocative docu about marijuana has language, drug use. Rated: 4/5 Apr 30, 2019 Full Review Arlin Golden Film Inquiry I'm glad what will inevitably be referred to as "the Netflix weed doc" is largely about the war on drugs' outsized effect on radicalized communities and the current intense discrimination with regards to the burgeoning legal market. Apr 27, 2019 Full Review Joel Keller Decider Whether you are a cannabis fan or not, Grass Is Greener will convince you that weed should be legal, for more than just a new revenue stream for states. Apr 22, 2019 Full Review Dominick Suzanne-Mayer Consequence In Greener's view, until those most affected by the War on Drugs are put in a position to directly benefit from legalization, it's not really accomplishing anything at all. Rated: B Apr 21, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Director
      Fab 5 Freddy