Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – The Woods

2020 Drama Mystery & Thriller List
      89% Tomatometer 9 Reviews 60% Audience Score 50+ Ratings In Warsaw, a prosecutor's hopes rise after a body is found and linked to his sister's disappearance 25 years earlier. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

The Woods — Season 1

Netflix

Watch The Woods — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Critics Reviews

View All (9) Critics Reviews
      Josh Bell Slant Magazine The story's rush of exposition can be dizzying, but the pieces fall into place in ways that aren't entirely unbelievable. Rated: 2.5/4 Jun 15, 2020 Full Review Charles Hartford But Why Tho? A Geek Community Its flagrant use of actors in the role of minors in sexual situations just goes fundamentally too far for me. It’s too bad, as The Woods has a lot to say. If only it could’ve stayed out of its own way while it said it. Rated: 5/10 Jan 23, 2023 Full Review Adrian Hennigan Haaretz "This is a show in which character triumphs over tropes. It has an emotional kick that's rare in such a thriller." Rated: 4/5 Jul 13, 2020 Full Review Daniel Hart Ready Steady Cut The Woods is a healthy six chapters long, meaning your investment into the series is short-lived yet satisfying. Rated: 4/5 Jul 9, 2020 Full Review Dustin Rowles Pajiba One of the things I like about these Coben series - and The Woods is no exception - is how well they maintain the mystery without resorting to huge, left-field reveals. Jun 19, 2020 Full Review Davide Abbatescianni The Arts Desk Although its storytelling isn't particularly innovative, The Woods is an absorbing piece of television, with the potential to boost the appeal of Polish productions for an international audience. Rated: 3/5 Jun 18, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (17) audience reviews
      Lynn Y This was great. I had a theory - I was wrong! I live near woods and was dreaming about it! Really good, worth more than a paltry 59%! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/26/24 Full Review William C For a Harlan Coben series it's a complete bore with terrible acting and voice overs. I love all other Harlan Coben series but this was painful to follow. Not for me. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/19/23 Full Review Anita F This was a great book set in NJ. The lead Polish actors were great. The Netflix series being set in Poland doesn't matter. It could be anywhere. However, the dubbing from Polish to English in the series is awful. The English speaking translations were awful and expressionless and very distracting. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 02/18/23 Full Review Audience Member I was wondering why it was placed in Poland. It could have happened anywhere. Poland has great people who have made great sacrifices for others during the war. The antisemitic thread was not needed. The director in the movie had a group of kids under his care - two of them died and two others disappear. The problem is he did not do his job. Everything else was not needed. The acting was great; a great group of polish actors. The operator is superb. Truth is after a while all Coban's stories are all the same - I guess it pays the bills. It kept me on my treadmill Ewas Skibinka's lip job went totally wrong Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Paul H Can't understand some of the low audience scores, this a classy well filmed, acted murder mystery. This is probably the first Polish series I've seen and going by this quality not the last! We loved it. Thanks Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/23/22 Full Review alma s I liked it alot! Plot spins, nice with the past/future thing. All in all great. Dont understand it got so bad rating? Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jun 12, 2020 End of Innocence In 1994, a summer camp reels from a brutal crime; 25 years later, police seek help from prosecutor Paweł Kopiński to help identify a murder victim. Details Episode 2 Aired Jun 12, 2020 Lies A student's essay spooks Laura, triggering terrifying memories of the woods; Paweł presses Jork to speak with Artur's parents. Details Episode 3 Aired Jun 12, 2020 You Know Nothing Paweł and Laura reunite; in 1994, Kamila's disappearance tears Paweł's family apart, while the Goldsztajns endure anti-Semitic harassment. Details Episode 4 Aired Jun 12, 2020 What Lies Beneath In 2019, workers unearth human remains near the camp; in 1994, the police zero in on Paweł who pursues his own hunch about the killer. Details Episode 5 Aired Jun 12, 2020 You Sister Is Dead Paweł is determined to find out what happened to Kamila and confronts someone from his past; a puzzling claim sets his investigation on a new path. Details Episode 6 Aired Jun 12, 2020 Long Way Home Paweł makes a sacrifice for his family, and he finally learns the whole truth about what happened that night in the woods. Details
      100% 91% My Name 38% 63% Hemlock Grove 50% 29% Devil in Ohio TRAILER for Devil in Ohio % 84% Blood & Water 72% 75% Outer Banks TRAILER for Outer Banks Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Stephen Christy, Jeffrey, Brad Peyton, Ross Richie, Jeffrey Fierson, Andrzej Muszynski
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Drama, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      Polish
      Release Date
      Jun 12, 2020
      More Top TV Picks Netflix