Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Watchmen

2019 Action Drama TRAILER for Watchmen: Season 1 Trailer - In The Weeks Ahead List View All /tv/watchmen/s01/videos videos Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - Squid Shelter Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - Squid Shelter 2:28 What Are Critics Saying About Watchmen Season 1 What Are Critics Saying About Watchmen Season 1 3:45 Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - Rorschach's Legacy Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - Rorschach's Legacy 1:37 Watchmen: Season 1 Trailer - In The Weeks Ahead Watchmen: Season 1 Trailer - In The Weeks Ahead 1:56 What Do We Know About HBO's 'Watchmen'? What Do We Know About HBO's 'Watchmen'? 3:04 Watchmen: Season 1 'Emmy's' Trailer Watchmen: Season 1 'Emmy's' Trailer 0:59 Watchmen: Season 1 Comic-Con Trailer Watchmen: Season 1 Comic-Con Trailer 3:02 Watchmen: Season 1 Teaser Watchmen: Season 1 Teaser 1:09 Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - How Society Feels About Heroes Watchmen: Season 1 Featurette - How Society Feels About Heroes 2:17 Watchmen: Season 1 Trailer Watchmen: Season 1 Trailer 2:26 View more videos
      96% Tomatometer 408 Reviews 57% Audience Score 5,000+ Ratings Based on the celebrated graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons, the exciting and dark "Watchmen" takes place in Tulsa, Okla., 34 years after the original story. After a white supremacist attack on the local police department, which leaves only two surviving cops on the beat, laws are passed that allow the cops to hide their identities behind masks. One of these cops, Angela Abar, adopts the identity of Sister Night and fights racists while dealing with the decades-long legacy of the vigilantes. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Buy Now

Where to Watch

Watchmen — Season 1

Fandango at Home Prime Video Max

Watch Watchmen — Season 1 with a subscription on Max, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Watchmen — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Bold and bristling, Watchmen isn't always easy viewing, but by adding new layers of cultural context and a host of complex characters it expertly builds on its source material to create an impressive identity of its own.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (408) Critics Reviews
      Robert Daniels Mediaversity Reviews Watchmen encapsulates the weariness of Black America, our wounds healing just enough for the scabs to be torn off again. Rated: A Jan 6, 2020 Full Review Graeme Blundell The Australian Lindelof has turned it into a stunningly cinematic look at white supremacy, policing and race in the US. Watchmen is mystifying but hugely entertaining, if deeply troubling. Dec 17, 2019 Full Review Emily Nussbaum New Yorker In Watchmen, blackness is the root of the story, as well as its underlying purpose: it's a show about the potential for pop culture to treat black identity as a default... Dec 3, 2019 Full Review Elizabeth Garcia But Why Tho? A Geek Community Watchmen is a show I could watch a hundred more times and know I could find something new each time. The first season is a worthy sequel to the graphic novel. Apr 15, 2023 Full Review Jonathan Garcia Dynamic Duel Podcast The way all the pieces fit together so perfectly, between the comic and the show, it surpassed my expectations. ... A phenomenal piece of work. Rated: 4.5/5 Feb 3, 2023 Full Review Victor Pineyro Seventh Art Studio Like a perfectly crafted watch, Watchmen is a masterclass around story structure. It becomes nearly perfect at its mid-point, only to break our own minds in its revolving connectivity to real history. Simply incredible. [Full review in Spanish] Rated: 9/10 Jun 17, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Nashville I By far one of the best comic book adaptations, in any format. Watchmen's very digestable. It has a good mystery throughout, but adds a fair amount of action to keep people engaged. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/15/24 Full Review Sunday Night Streaming o Watchmen Season 1 - 8.5 - This show was extremely well done. The series offers a little bit of everything, comedy, action, dark drama, social injustice, and much much more. The soundtrack is also top notch, found myself listening to the album on spotify after watching the show. Every episode had me theorizing and guessing what was happening next. The director does a good job with time jumps and leaving it up to you to figure out if this happened in the past or present until the end. When everything comes full circle, it really is a wow moment. It really leaves the door wide open for a second season with Angela eating the egg. But its been 3 years and no new season has come to fruition. It was very well done in its own right, and maybe that is the greed in me wanting more. I am a sucker for superhero content and this was much different then most superhero shows. As was the movie, but this was a completely different story than the movie. Dr Manhattan was the in my opinion the best part of the show and really carried the series with that episode. I have found myself watching season 1 multiple times and this is one I highly recommend. But be warned you will be wanting more and there is no more. Official sundaynightstreaming rating of 8.5 Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 02/06/24 Full Review mark S This is literally my favorite TV series ever. Lots of butt-hurt bigot man babies reviewing this show. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/02/24 Full Review Ahmad D Amazing, Literally has become top 3 dc series Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 01/31/24 Full Review Kameron E The same tired tropes of every HBO show post 2016 in comic book form. Skip this garbage and watch the movie, at least that had some redeeming qualities. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/14/24 Full Review Lukas-Jeremie K HBO is rummaging through the very old and dusty franchises again and is trying to revive a hype with "Watchmen" that was never really there. The Watchmen film was released in cinemas in 2009 and even then it didn't make any big waves - the successes weren't there. 10 years later, Damon Lindelof decides that the comic book series hasn't been spoiled enough and releases a sequel to the franchise. The problem is that the author of the comic book series Alan Moore is strictly against any adaptations of his works, which is why he does not want to be named in them. The film was still based on the comics - but this series wasn't and you can feel it. The series feels less like a sequel and more like a parody. What we have here is an unnecessarily complicated story, a stupid main character, mediocre actors, and CGI that looks worse than the one in the film that's already a decade old (however that's possible). The only thing that adds value here is the fact that a budget of millions was available. This meant you could shoot in spectacular locations and build elaborate sets. However, this series doesn't have anything more to offer - so do yourself a favor and don't waste your time. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 11/18/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Oct 20, 2019 It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice Detective Angela Abar and Chief Judd Crawford investigate the attempted murder of a Tulsa police officer. Details Episode 2 Aired Oct 27, 2019 Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship As Angela relives haunting memories of an attack on her family, she detains a mysterious man who claims responsibility for Tulsa's most recent murder; an original play is performed for an audience of one. Details Episode 3 Aired Nov 3, 2019 She Was Killed by Space Junk Following a late-night visit from the senator who authored Masked Policing Legislation in Oklahoma, FBI agent Laurie Blake heads to Tulsa to take over the recent murder investigation; The Lord of the Manor receives a harshly worded letter. Details Episode 4 Aired Nov 10, 2019 If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own Reclusive trillionaire Lady Trieu finally enters the stage with a mysterious offer; with Blake getting closer to the truth of her cover-up, Angela enlists Looking Glass for help; The Lord trains two new servants. Details Episode 5 Aired Nov 17, 2019 Little Fear of Lightning The origin story of Looking Glass is at last revealed, as is the truth behind the greatest hoax in American history; The Smartest Man in the World plots a daring escape. Details Episode 6 Aired Nov 24, 2019 This Extraordinary Being Deep under the influence of Nostalgia, Angela gets a firsthand account of her grandfather's journey. Details Episode 7 Aired Dec 1, 2019 An Almost Religious Awe Under Lady Trieu's care, Angela undergoes an unconventional treatment while Agent Blake chases down a lead; the Smartest Man in the World delivers a stunning defense of his past actions. Details Episode 8 Aired Dec 8, 2019 A God Walks Into ABar Angela's mysterious past in Vietnam is at last revealed. Details Episode 9 Aired Dec 15, 2019 See How They Fly Everything ends for real this time. Details
      90% 75% We Are Who We Are TRAILER for We Are Who We Are 91% 90% The Leftovers 91% 76% 30 Coins TRAILER for 30 Coins 79% 54% The Third Day TRAILER for The Third Day 79% 75% Westworld TRAILER for Westworld Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Director
      Nicole Kassell, David Semel, Frederick E.O. Toye
      Creator
      Damon Lindelof
      Executive Producer
      Damon Lindelof, Nicole Kassell, Tom Spezialy, Stephen Williams, Joseph E. Iberti
      Screenwriter
      Stacy Osei-Kuffour, Jeff Jensen, Nick Cuse, Damon Lindelof, Claire Kiechel
      Network
      HBO
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Action, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Oct 20, 2019