Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – The Last Dance

2020 Documentary Sports & Fitness TRAILER for The Last Dance: Trailer 1 List
      97% 63 Reviews Tomatometer 95% 500+ Ratings Audience Score Read More Read Less
      The Last Dance — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

A compelling and comprehensive portrait of one of basketball's great teams, The Last Dance's blend of archival footage and candid interviews confirms there's nobody quite like Mike or the team he led to victory.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (63) Critics Reviews
      Chris Stuckmann ChrisStuckmann.com [The filmmakers] do a great job telling this story in a way that makes you emotionally invested, but also riveted. This is one of the best sports documentaries I have ever seen. Rated: A+ Feb 2, 2021 Full Review Will Leitch Washington Post "The Last Dance" doesn't shed any new light on Jordan, and I'm not sure it ever could. It just shows us one of the greatest athletes to ever live, right when we needed to see that exact thing the most. Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Linda Holmes NPR For people who wonder whether we'll ever see sports dynasties again, there's a great deal here to enjoy. And if nothing else, you will certainly see some tremendous dunks. Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Bill Brioux Brioux.tv A compelling story of why money, not time, is the reason most sports dynasties reach a breaking point. Oct 11, 2022 Full Review Gem Seddon SFX Magazine Hundreds of hours of previously unseen footage were used for The Last Dance, and it offers a unique, complex take on the man they once called "Air." Feb 3, 2022 Full Review Sanjith Sidhardhan The Times of India The editing and direction of The Last Dance deserve special mention as it makes for a thrilling watch that is powered by some amazing footage and soul-stirring music from the 90s. Rated: 4.5/5 Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (170) audience reviews
      Daniel B Una retrospectiva a la personificación de Cultura Pop en el deporte; a través de 10 increíbles episodios somos testigos del mejor atleta y uno de los mejores proyectos deportivos de la historia. Una mirada de cómo la ambición de un solo individuo de comerse al mundo puede ser lo suficientemente poderoso para cambiar al mundo, e influir a una generación entera. The Last Dance es más que un documental deportivo, es más que el cómo Michael Jordan se convirtió en un hito cultural, es un mensaje del cómo, aunque los objetivos parecen imposibles, solo necesitamos personas que tengan nuestra misma convicción de lograr lo imposible para volverlo realidad. Somos testigos en poco más de 10 años de los momentos más altos y bajos de los involucrados dentro de este proyecto tanto dentro cómo, fuera de la cancha, su evolución tanto mediática cómo personal gracias al trabajo que influyó para que se convirtieran en estrellas; el cómo los Bulls pasaron de ser un equipo irrelevante hasta en la misma ciudad de Chicago a ser proclamado cómo uno de los mejores equipos de toda la historia. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/16/24 Full Review Pavel S An incredible documentary about a player who is so competitive that he became the best basketball player in the world. To look behind the curtain and realize that even the best don't have it easy is truly inspiring. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/10/23 Full Review dave d Likely the best sports documentary ever made. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/09/23 Full Review Gareth v One of the best sporting docu-series made. My only criticism is for a series that goes for 10 episodes, some key players are missing that should be there Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 06/24/23 Full Review Clinton M Good but to leave luc longley out of it is so wrong Rated 4 out of 5 stars 05/14/23 Full Review Lukas K I loved "The Last Dance". It perfectly accompanies viewers through the Bulls' 1997-98 season. Perfectly shows the successes of the Bulls, but also the setbacks. Plus getting interviews from players who played back then this season just makes it all the better. But I'm probably just a little influenced because I've always loved Michael Jordan. Not only because of his talent in basketball, but also simply because of his personality and his stamina. If you want to see a good documentary about a great basketball team with background information, you are more than served with "The Last Dance"! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/10/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Show Less Cast & Crew Show More Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Apr 19, 2020 Details

Critics Reviews

View All (63) Critics Reviews
      Chris Stuckmann ChrisStuckmann.com [The filmmakers] do a great job telling this story in a way that makes you emotionally invested, but also riveted. This is one of the best sports documentaries I have ever seen. Rated: A+ Feb 2, 2021 Full Review Will Leitch Washington Post "The Last Dance" doesn't shed any new light on Jordan, and I'm not sure it ever could. It just shows us one of the greatest athletes to ever live, right when we needed to see that exact thing the most. Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Linda Holmes NPR For people who wonder whether we'll ever see sports dynasties again, there's a great deal here to enjoy. And if nothing else, you will certainly see some tremendous dunks. Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Bill Brioux Brioux.tv A compelling story of why money, not time, is the reason most sports dynasties reach a breaking point. Oct 11, 2022 Full Review Gem Seddon SFX Magazine Hundreds of hours of previously unseen footage were used for The Last Dance, and it offers a unique, complex take on the man they once called "Air." Feb 3, 2022 Full Review Sanjith Sidhardhan The Times of India The editing and direction of The Last Dance deserve special mention as it makes for a thrilling watch that is powered by some amazing footage and soul-stirring music from the 90s. Rated: 4.5/5 Dec 30, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Director
      Jason Hehir
      Genre
      Documentary, Sports & Fitness
      Release Date
      Apr 19, 2020