Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Valeria

2020 Drama Romance List
      67% 6 Reviews Tomatometer 83% Fewer than 50 Ratings Audience Score While going through a marital crisis, a writer finds solace in her three friends. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

Valeria — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Valeria — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Audience Reviews

View All (8) audience reviews
      Bernard B Just brilliant in every way. The comedy is fantastic and the girls love life's and relationships are amazing. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 07/04/23 Full Review Queen C So stupid and main characters are unlikeable. Victor basically herasses Valeria which is portrayed as charming and romantic Rated 1 out of 5 stars 06/20/23 Full Review A L I wasn't sure about this the first 10 minutes, because English is my native language and this is a Spanish TV show. But the dubbing is actually very good, and now five episodes into season one I'm hooked. It's refreshing, I love the characters, I like the very real representation of what sex is actually like in real life. I read another review saying in later seasons the characters don't get any wiser in their life choices. But this also seems realistic, who among us doesn't keep getting it wrong over and over? Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/01/24 Full Review Marjorie O I love all the seasons ! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 06/17/23 Full Review Edoardo C typical spanish poisoned meatloaf that lately Netflix love so much to put on our dinner table. some are good, but the majority don't pass the cut. this is one of them Rated 1 out of 5 stars 06/09/23 Full Review chuck g First season was good but after some time has passed and the second season is in full swing it shows that the 4 friends have not matured at all. At 30, particularly women, have a genuine sense of who they are. The T and A is generally overdone but it's getting redundant and implausible after all the time that has passed… Rated 3 out of 5 stars 04/23/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired May 8, 2020 The Imposter Struggling with writer's block while up against a deadline, Val leans on her friends for support and meets a charming new man. Details Episode 2 Aired May 8, 2020 Signs Inspired, Val works on the first draft of her erotic novel and receives feedback; Adri starts a new job; Lola feels frustrated with Sergio. Details Episode 3 Aired May 8, 2020 Alaska As tension builds between Val and Adri, she goes with Victor to an art exhibition; Carmen tours a new apartment with an intriguing landlord. Details Episode 4 Aired May 8, 2020 The Pond Adri is introduced to Victor; Nerea enjoys meeting a group of women; at Lola's big trap party, conflict arises between Val and her friends. Details Episode 5 Aired May 8, 2020 Mr Champi Val heads to Valencia to celebrate her mother's birthday and clear her head after Lola's party, but her trip takes an unexpected turn. Details Episode 6 Aired May 8, 2020 My Garden Is Dry Lola's revelation causes conflict; an energized Val meets with her editor again; issues arise at Nerea's feminist collective. Details Episode 7 Aired May 8, 2020 The Package Victor and Val discuss their feelings for each other; Lola faces her estranged mother. Details Episode 8 Aired May 8, 2020 Ellipsis Val grasps the truth about her relationship with Adri, while Victor comes to a realization of his own; Nerea tells her truth. Details
      % % If Only 100% 77% The Time It Takes % % Who Likes My Follower? 71% 94% A Perfect Story 80% 53% In Love All Over Again Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (6) Critics Reviews
      John Doyle Globe and Mail Lighter fair and utterly escapist, but clever fun. May 26, 2020 Full Review Michael Cuby them. First there was Sex and the City. Then there was Girls. Now, there is… Valeria? Oct 3, 2022 Full Review Silvina Lamazares Clarín An entertaining story, almost a fresco of the friendship between four women. [Full review in Spanish] May 18, 2020 Full Review Joel Keller Decider There's nothing new or particularly deep about Valeria, but the cast is appealing and the writing is sharp, making it a very watchable show. May 12, 2020 Full Review Mikel Zorrilla Espinof It even feels sometimes a little false because of the way it has to approach the story. [Full Review in Spanish] Rated: 2/5 May 8, 2020 Full Review Natalia Trzenko La Nación (Argentina) The series is written and directed by women who seem to understand feminism only as a campaign slogan. [Full Review in Spanish] May 8, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Director
      María López Castaño, Inma Torrente
      Creator
      María López Castaño
      Screenwriter
      Elísabet Benavent, María López Castaño, Almudena Ocaña, Fernanda Eguiarte
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre