Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Brews Brothers

2020 Comedy List
      40% 10 Reviews Tomatometer 64% 50+ Ratings Audience Score Estranged brothers Wilhelm and Adam Rodman find themselves running a brewery together, but they couldn't be more different in their beer-making techniques and personalities. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

Brews Brothers — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Brews Brothers — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Brews Brothers — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Brews Brothers' has its moments, but predictable plotting and uneven humor make the whole brew fall flat.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (32) audience reviews
      ratholin It's just a series of gross out gags strung loosely together. There's a laugh or two but that's after so many failed jokes it feels like coutesy laughs. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 07/05/23 Full Review Louis-Patrick R Much funnnier than expected and that scoring lead me to believe, a sleeper hit for me. Crude, raunchy and over the top, but anyone exppecting anything else from a sitcom about brewing brothers, needs to seek elsewhere Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/05/22 Full Review Audience Member Its fairly vulgar and Only occasionally funny. It's not completely unenjoyable though. What bugs me the most though is why Belgian Monks are speaking German?! Rated 2 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member I will usually see a show out through sheer curiosity, but I could not stomach past the second episode of this show. This is quite possibly the worst TV series I have ever seen in nearly 40 years of life. The character development is so bad that even stomaching the characters is mentally putting my mind through a cheese grater to try to watch them and comprehend why anyone would think this is funny. It's actually just irritating to even watch and yes, it got that way that fast. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member I made an account just to write this. don't watch it, it's a disgrace.... as a native German speaking person the only enjoyable thing is the broken english/german at some points, but that's it. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member Love it. All I hoped for was to see Rodman's succeed, and at all times it's success would be somewhere between the diametrically opposed forces of Will and Adam. Somewhere in the middle, it could work. Maybe with under aged Sarah. Probably not with clueless nice guy Chuy. But, I will definitely be hoping for Friar Lucas to make a season two comeback. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Apr 10, 2020 The Brothers Rodman Brewery owner Wilhelm Rodman gets a visit from his polar-opposite brother, Adam, but the disagreeable reunion is cut short by a bigger crisis. Details Episode 2 Aired Apr 10, 2020 Recreate the Opus Rodman's brewery must replicate a golden recipe; Wilhelm copes with free-spirited customers; Adam probes the past of his coworker, Sarah. Details Episode 3 Aired Apr 10, 2020 Taste of Van Nuys A tour bus inspires Sarah to take charge at the brewery, but the drive to increase sales hits a snag thanks to Adam and their coworker, Chuy. Details Episode 4 Aired Apr 10, 2020 Monk Monday Adam's new beer masterpiece is too expensive to brew, but a group of visiting monks could offer the solution he needs. Details Episode 5 Aired Apr 10, 2020 LA's Best Nose Wilhelm searches for someone to represent the brewery at a beer-tasting competition, while Adam's first time leads to trouble. Details Episode 6 Aired Apr 10, 2020 Lazlo Suna With a whopping offer, the debate over releasing the brewery's first beer in a bottle versus a can erupts into a distasteful situation. Details Episode 7 Aired Apr 10, 2020 Krachtbal Wilhelm serves a biker crew that endorses one of his beers with a sense of pride; Sarah finds her artistic voice. Details Episode 8 Aired Apr 10, 2020 The Trink As the brewery gears up for a beer festival, Wilhlem and Adam must choose between business and brotherhood. Details
      % 100% Dirty Lines 100% 79% Fakes TRAILER for Fakes 96% 77% Gentefied TRAILER for Gentefied % 83% Daughter From Another Mother % % Bros Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (10) Critics Reviews
      Adrian Horton Guardian Brews Brothers is often just the cardinal sin of loveable-dope sitcoms: boring. Rated: 1/5 Apr 14, 2020 Full Review Dan Fienberg Hollywood Reporter I'd feel much more confidence in [It] moving forward if the writers had dedicated half the time to characterization that they gave to types of yeast, beer classifications and what happens if and when somebody dips their balls in a frothy beverage. Apr 10, 2020 Full Review Ed Power Independent (UK) Despite the promising material, I sat through the first two episodes of Brews Brothers (Netflix) in sober silence. Rated: 2/5 Apr 9, 2020 Full Review Melissa Camacho Common Sense Media Raunchy sibling sitcom has crude jokes, cursing, drinking. Rated: 3/5 May 16, 2020 Full Review Karl Puschmann New Zealand Herald This show feels like everyone is still figuring things out. Maybe Brews Brothers will get there. Maybe not. The bigger question is whether the brand of comedy its serving up is still palatable to an audience. May 15, 2020 Full Review Euan Ferguson Observer (UK) It features one or two performances, and some actors, and is dumb, slapsticky and ill-conceived, not least in that there's no one to rail either for or against. Especially for. Apr 14, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Creator
      Greg Schaffer
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Comedy
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date