Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – The Circle

2020 Reality List
      82% 17 Reviews Tomatometer 73% 100+ Ratings Audience Score In this lighthearted and strategic competition series, the players must choose whether to be themselves or other people -- all while chasing a cash prize. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

The Circle — Season 1

Netflix

Watch The Circle — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

The Circle — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Strangely earnest, The Circle at times struggles to find the drama, but those looking for a weirdly compelling social experiment may find themselves more invested than expected.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (49) audience reviews
      Luke K The Circle Season 1 is a great and emotional watch, not your typical reality show! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/02/23 Full Review sophia h This game show had a really unique way of playing. You can never expect what's about to happen. I found it much more entertaining than many other game shows. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/20/23 Full Review day l Love it, its a original idea, not the typical contest, I watched all the episodes Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review Tiago S The Circle mostra a realidade dos apps de namoro, tudo é um jogo mas essa é a graça e a ideia foi muito inteligente para ver que nem todo mundo na internet é quem diz ser e isso até influenciadores provam isso, só achei que quem merecia ganhar seria Sammy ou o Chris. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 07/18/22 Full Review alexander h Season 1 is easily the best one. The narrator is funny and all the contestants are great, even the ones who aren't exactly who they say they are. The circle really knows how to spice things up throughout the series. Season 2 and season 3 get worse and worse I just hope it doesn't continue in season 4. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review j p It was so bad, kinda corney show, structure seemed childish and rushed. The fact that after browsing through Netflix I picked this to watch, makes me think about my subscription. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jan 1, 2020 Hello, Circle The experiment starts as the players craft their profiles and begin connecting -- for better or worse. Details Episode 2 Aired Jan 1, 2020 Face-to-Face A surprise confrontation raises the game's stakes; the players get ready to party, and a special guest scopes out the competition. Details Episode 3 Aired Jan 1, 2020 There's a Catfish Among Us An anonymous game of Ask Me Anything leads to a series of accusations; Miranda refines her cheeky strategy, and Shubham finds his voice. Details Episode 4 Aired Jan 1, 2020 Planting Doubt Another tense elimination leads to an honest conversation; a casual connection evolves into an intimate bond; a quirky new player joins the competition. Details Episode 5 Aired Jan 8, 2020 Sliding Into DMs A fresh face joins the Circle and asks a series of provocative questions; Rebecca turns the heat up on the game-play. Details Episode 6 Aired Jan 8, 2020 Anonymous Trolling Mercedeze faces her toughest critics and makes a request; two new influencers are picked, and one player says goodbye. Details Episode 7 Aired Jan 8, 2020 Picking Teams Two new players join the Circle, just in time for trivia night; following a competitive match, Sammie makes an emotional reveal. Details Episode 8 Aired Jan 8, 2020 The Player I'm Saving Is ... Tension and tenderness intersect as the influencers deal with an elimination twist; two players connect; a new face joins the fun. Details Episode 9 Aired Jan 15, 2020 Instant Block There's another round of shake-ups; Sean shares a secret with the Circle; a face-to-face meeting makes for an unusual bond. Details Episode 10 Aired Jan 15, 2020 Declare Your Rival The drama gets dialed up with a cutthroat-round of true confessions; the game's first "superinfluencer" steps into power. Details Episode 11 Aired Jan 15, 2020 The Last Rating As the experiment winds down, Sammie and Ed bond over their suspicions; the players prepare to choose a winner and orchestrate one last block. Details Episode 12 Aired Jan 15, 2020 Finale The truth finally comes to light when the finalists meet in the flesh; the winner is announced at the players' reunion. Details
      14% 38% Surviving Paradise 100% 70% The Mole % 40% Summer Job 57% 26% The Trust: A Game of Greed % % The Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This show is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (17) Critics Reviews
      Luca Cimarusti Chicago Reader At the end of the day, The Circle is more of the junk food TV that's been clogging airwaves and streaming services for over a decade now, but a stranger undercurrent lies within... Feb 25, 2020 Full Review Brad Newsome Sydney Morning Herald This brilliantly cast and surprisingly addictive reality show puts a new twist on the old popularity-contest format. Jan 22, 2020 Full Review Willa Paskin Slate The flattening confusion of social media can make this setup into a game, but it's hardly a show. It's a bunch of reality TV players in search of a drama. Jan 16, 2020 Full Review Michael Cuby them. Netflix's new Catfish-meets-Big Brother “social media competition” is a wildly addicting mess. Oct 12, 2022 Full Review Kathryn Reklis The Christian Century The intensity of their connection is infectious, and they pick up like old friends at a reunion. Apr 28, 2020 Full Review Stephanie Chapman Pop Culture Leftovers Audiences that don't expect too much from "The Circle" certainly will not be disappointed. Feb 3, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Reality
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Jan 1, 2020
      More Top TV Picks Netflix