Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 2 – The Kominsky Method

2019 Comedy Drama TRAILER for The Kominsky Method: Season 2 Trailer List
      100% 8 Reviews Tomatometer 91% 100+ Ratings Audience Score He may be in his twilight years, but aging acting coach Sandy Kominsky isn't ready to ride off into the sunset just yet. The once-famous Kominsky and his longtime agent, Norman Newlander, keep each other laughing as they tackle the curveballs that life throws at them while navigating their later years in Los Angeles, a city that values youth and beauty. The Netflix original sitcom has a strong Hollywood pedigree; it was created by multiple Emmy winner Chuck Lorre and stars Oscar winners Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin as Kominsky and Newlander, respectively. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Oct 25 Buy Now

Where to Watch

The Kominsky Method — Season 2

Fandango at Home Netflix Prime Video Apple TV

Watch The Kominsky Method — Season 2 with a subscription on Netflix, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (33) audience reviews
      Nestor G The First season was ok a bit depressing but it passed. The second season repeats the cancer thing...no that's a used resource. He already had prostate cancer and, now on the second lung cancer? Mmm, they should be a little more subtle no? Rated 1 out of 5 stars 10/12/23 Full Review Audience Member I really like this show. Douglas and Arkin are both superb in their roles. But....., really the fat girl could only reel in an over the hill, bald, loser (retired school teacher with very modest means)!!?? Way to go, perpetuating the stereotype that fat women need to settle for whatever schmuck will give them any attention. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member Even better than season one! The writing on this programme is stellar brilliant.The acting is brilliant, fantastic character, funny, sad, entertaining. If you don't watch anything on Netflix, watch this!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review renaldo d Character development is done in a subtle and brilliant way. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review dave d It's a nifty diversion with enough laughs and really smart and witty writing. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review Audience Member It's been a long time since I recommended a show to anyone, but this one is worthwhile. Season 1 is slow despite the death of Eileen to expedite the story lines, with Eileen's ghost appearing clunkily, but Season 2 is everything that Season 1 isn't. I feel like Season 2 is the tip of the iceberg, and this show needs to go on as the antidote to shows like "Curb Your Enthusiasm" which has been aging on season after season, with no emotional development in its characters. Chuck Lorre (someone I've always thought of as a sitcom king) really brings a real and sweet vulnerability to all the characters, and Kominsky's acting classroom is just a wonderful place to explore the play within a play, the new versus the old. Paul Reiser is the hidden gem of this show playing Martin, and displays a full nuanced emotional range that is so stunning, I have an appreciation for him like I never had before. Nancy Travis plays the best drunk I have ever seen in my life. Unbelievable. I love that this show plays out the consequences of what happens when you indulge in certain pleasures, and Nancy is so beautiful in this part. It's great to see an actress who is in her skin for her age and dazzling! And I mean that as no insult, just that she is such a breath of fresh air. It took this show for me to realize how great she is as a performer. Lisa Edelstein's and Alan Arkin's Daddy-Daughter dynamic is brutal and outstanding in Season 2, whereas Season 1 glazes over their broken relationship with jokes. I also love that the underlying theme of this show is Dad-Daughter relationships. As a daughter of an 70-something Dad, the constant prostate mentions, and the antiquated ideas Kominsky sometimes introduces into his teaching practices, are all to familiar. Love this show, it should be on for 10 more years, and every actor over 60 in Hollywood should be a part of it. They definitely shouldn't shelf this after 3 seasons, as this is Lorre's masterpiece on life in a nuthouse. If nothing else, Lorre should take Reiser up on a new show where he's the star, as I never watched "Mad About You", but I'd watch Reiser headline a Kominsky-like dramedy in the future. Please get Eddie Pepitone to star as Reiser's brother in this future-dramedy, as Reiser looks like Pepitone in drag as Martin. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 9: An Actor Forgets Sandy has concerns about the man Mindy is dating; Norman starts seeing an old flame; Sandy tries to give his class a dose of truth about the acting life. Details Episode 2 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 10: An Old Flame, an Old Wick Norman and Madelyn get closer as they spend time together in Santa Barbara; when Sandy meets Mindy's boyfriend, he discovers that they have a lot in common. Details Episode 3 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 11: An Odd Couple Occurs Mindy is not thrilled with her dad and boyfriend's growing friendship; Norman's daughter leaves rehab and returns home while Madelyn is visiting. Details Episode 4 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 12: A Libido Sits in the Fridge Interactions with two women have Sandy contemplating his changing libido; Norman attempts to reconcile with both Phoebe and Madelyn. Details Episode 5 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 13: A Shenckman Equivocates Sandy urges Norman to make a grand gesture for Madelyn; after Martin experiences a medical episode, Sandy decides to get a complete checkup. Details Episode 6 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 14: A Secret Leaks, a Teacher Speaks Despite Norman's prodding, Sandy remains reluctant to share important news with Mindy; Norman and Madelyn come to an understanding. Details Episode 7 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 15: A Hand Job Is Forgiven An accident forces Sandy to come clean with Mindy; after visiting Eileen's grave, Phoebe tries to make amends with Norman -- but it doesn't go well. Details Episode 8 Aired Oct 25, 2019 Chapter 16: A Thetan Arrives As Norman considers retiring, an unexpected visitor has him contemplating his spiritual life; Sandy dislikes changes Mindy is making at the studio. Details
      19% 89% Disjointed 89% 93% Santa Clarita Diet TRAILER for Santa Clarita Diet 94% 86% Love 57% 76% Huge in France % 95% Samantha! Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (8) Critics Reviews
      Debi Enker The Age (Australia) The recently arrived second season is even better than the first: sharper, funnier, more polished and more poignant. Jan 8, 2020 Full Review Ashlie D. Stevens Salon.com While this season is perhaps a little more subtle than the last in the plot developments, the pair continue to excel at, as Norman puts it, "making the mundane exciting." Oct 28, 2019 Full Review Bill Brioux Brioux.tv The one camera series allows brilliant writer/executive producer Chuck Lorre (The Big Bang Theory) to stretch beyond his usual mastery of the live studio audience comedy. Oct 22, 2022 Full Review Joseph Dominguez Film Inquiry Although it lacks any major plot to drive it forward, The Kominsky Method never tires or outstays its welcome, and I believe it possesses enough power through performances and script-work to uphold its entertainment value. Nov 30, 2019 Full Review AARP Staff AARP Movies for Grownups This is must-see grownup TV. Nov 6, 2019 Full Review John Boland Irish Independent [The Kominsky Method] is just as engaging as ever. Nov 4, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Chuck Lorre, Alan J. Higgins, Michael Douglas
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Comedy, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date