Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 2 – Breaking Bad

2009 Crime Drama List View All /tv/breaking_bad/s02/videos videos Breaking Bad: The Plane Crash Scene Breaking Bad: The Plane Crash Scene 2:24 Breaking Bad: I Killed Her! Scene Breaking Bad: I Killed Her! Scene 1:56 Breaking Bad: Letting Jane Die Scene Breaking Bad: Letting Jane Die Scene 2:22 Breaking Bad: Jane's Dad Finds Out Scene Breaking Bad: Jane's Dad Finds Out Scene 2:07 Breaking Bad: Jesse's Meth Stash Scene Breaking Bad: Jesse's Meth Stash Scene 2:31 Breaking Bad: Bring the Bottle Back Scene Breaking Bad: Bring the Bottle Back Scene 2:13 Breaking Bad: Walt Goes Into Remission Scene Breaking Bad: Walt Goes Into Remission Scene 2:47 Breaking Bad: The DEA Sting Scene Breaking Bad: The DEA Sting Scene 1:53 Breaking Bad: Threatening Saul Scene Breaking Bad: Threatening Saul Scene 3:00 Breaking Bad: Meet Saul Scene Breaking Bad: Meet Saul Scene 2:37 View more videos
      97% Tomatometer 36 Reviews 97% Audience Score 5,000+ Ratings Mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White thinks his life can't get much worse. His salary barely makes ends meet, a situation not likely to improve once his pregnant wife gives birth, and their teenage son is battling cerebral palsy. But Walter is dumbstruck when he learns he has terminal cancer. Realizing that his illness probably will ruin his family financially, Walter makes a desperate bid to earn as much money as he can in the time he has left by turning an old RV into a meth lab on wheels. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jul 12 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Breaking Bad — Season 2

Fandango at Home Prime Video Netflix

Watch Breaking Bad — Season 2 with a subscription on Netflix, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Breaking Bad — Season 2

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Breaking Bad continues to soar, thanks to its artsy style and suspenseful thrills.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (36) Critics Reviews
      Matt Zoller Seitz New York Magazine/Vulture Episode for episode and scene for scene, season two is a great example of how to intensify personal stories with images that have metaphoric dimensions but don't push too hard, instead letting their meanings emerge through spectacle. Oct 18, 2019 Full Review Brian Tallerico HollywoodChicago.com Scary, funny, dramatic, and honestly moving, Breaking Bad is remarkable television that pulls off that amazing trick of feeling both genuine and completely original at the same time. Rated: 5/5 Oct 17, 2019 Full Review Megan Johnston Sydney Morning Herald Here's a show that does proper suspense. This energetic, darkly comic and slightly trippy adventure into the drug underworld demonstrates how, if the drugs themselves don't induce paranoia, then the dealing will. Oct 17, 2019 Full Review Cody Leach Cody Leach (YouTube) While the show is still finding it's footing in regards to tone, the 2nd season takes the dark comedy and drama to new heights. Walt and Jessie's attempts to run their own meth business leads to series standout characters and storylines. Rated: 4.25/5 Aug 19, 2022 Full Review Randy Dankievitch Processed Media Breaking Bad's second series is a haunting exploration of unintended consequences from well thought-out actions. Rated: A- Feb 12, 2020 Full Review Hunter Daniels Collider Even stronger than the superb first run. It takes all the elements that worked and cranks them up... adding an almost Vonnegut-esque sense of bleak whimsy to the increasingly surreal proceedings. Rated: 9/10 Oct 17, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (308) audience reviews
      Adrian G En esta temporada de enfocan más en desarrollar a los personajes sin perder el encanto de la serie. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/11/24 Full Review Audience Member A great continuation to the series maybe even better than the first. I love the pacing of this movie and it’s a very good season the binge watch the series. I also doesn’t get boring and actually has a good and interesting plot to it. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/10/24 Full Review Five Word R Walter and Jesse call Saul. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/30/24 Full Review Audience Member best show I've ever watched Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/09/24 Full Review Markus S A 10/10 season. If I'm at the edge of my seat even on the previous one, I cannot describe how VICIOUS I was when I started this TV jewel. The first 5 episodes, I watched them all without stopping during one night! It fully hypnotized me... At this point, I totally understood why people praise Breaking Bad so much, and I'm convinced next season will be better or at least the same as good as this one, because... people's reception seems to get higher and higher when they continue watching, so I'll comment on the 3rd pretty soon. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/02/24 Full Review Jonathan M This season continued strong and was a very good addition to the story. The characters are being developed well, and there are enough new elements added to keep it fresh. Looking forward to continuing. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/28/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Mar 8, 2009 Seven Thirty-Seven Walt and Jesse try to figure a way out of their partnership with Tuco; Hank tries to mend the fences between Marie and Skyler. Details Episode 2 Aired Mar 15, 2009 Grilled Walt and Jesse are trapped with Tuco; Marie and Hank comfort Skyler over Walt's disappearance; Hank visits Mrs. Pinkman. Details Episode 3 Aired Mar 22, 2009 Bit by a Dead Bee Walt and Jesse's financial situations suffer when they try to cover their tracks; the DEA has a break in its meth investigation that could lead right to Walt and Jesse. Details Episode 4 Aired Mar 29, 2009 Down Walt and Jesse appear to be in the clear, but now face trouble on their respective home fronts; Walt finds it difficult to reconnect with Skyler and the rest of his family, while Jesse's parents kick him out of their house. Details Episode 5 Aired Apr 5, 2009 Breakage Tensions mount at the White household; Hank suffers from the aftermath of his encounter with Tuco; Jesse assembles a crew to get the product out on the streets. Details Episode 6 Aired Apr 12, 2009 Peekaboo Walt returns to work; Skinny Pete gets ripped off; Jesse gets more than he bargained for; Skyler thanks Gretchen for paying for Walt's treatment. Details Episode 7 Aired Apr 19, 2009 Negro Y Azul Jesse and Walt discuss expanding into new territories; Hank struggles to fit in; Skyler pursues a new job opportunity; Jesse gets to know his landlord. Details Episode 8 Aired Apr 26, 2009 Better Call Saul Walt and Jesse seek advice from a shady attorney when Badger gets in trouble with the law; members of the DEA believe they have caught up with Heisenberg; Hank returns. Details Episode 9 Aired May 3, 2009 4 Days Out Walt and his family wait for news after he undergoes a PET-CT scan; Walt follows Saul's advice; Jesse's relationship with Jane is put on hold when he and Walt head to the desert for a marathon of cooking. Details Episode 10 Aired May 10, 2009 Over Walt and Hank get into a heated argument at a party; Skyler opens up to her boss; Jane hides her relationship with Jesse from her father. Details Episode 11 Aired May 17, 2009 Mandala Saul proposes a new business partner; Skyler makes a shocking discovery at work; Jesse tells Jane what he does. Details Episode 12 Aired May 24, 2009 Phoenix The Whites welcome a new addition; Walter Jr. launches a new website; Jesse's addiction begins to get out of control; Jane and Jesse's relationship causes friction with both Walt and Donald. Details Episode 13 Aired May 31, 2009 ABQ Skyler's frustration with Walt's secrecy finally comes to a head; Jesse self-destructs after a personal blow; Donald's grief leads to tragedy. Details
      33% 82% Parish TRAILER for Parish 41% 60% Low Winter Sun 44% % Traveler % 75% Medium 39% % Blind Justice Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This show is featured in the following articles.

Season Info

Director
      Bryan Cranston, Adam Bernstein, Terry McDonough, Michelle MacLaren, Phil Abraham, John Dahl, Johan Renck, Charlie Haid, Colin Bucksey, Felix Alcala, Peter Medak
      Screenwriter
      Moira Walley-Beckett, Peter Gould, John Shiban, Sam Catlin, George Mastras, J. Roberts, Vince Gilligan, J. Roberts
      Network
      AMC
      Rating
      TV-14 (L)
      Genre
      Crime, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Mar 8, 2009
      More Top TV Picks Netflix