Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Chambers

2000 Comedy List
      42% Tomatometer 38 Reviews 71% Audience Score 100+ Ratings A group of barristers never let justice get in the way of making money. Read More Read Less
      Chambers — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Promising performances and an intriguing premise can't keep Chambers' meandering melodrama from getting lost in its own haunted hallways.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (38) Critics Reviews
      Nick Schager The Daily Beast Most will feel as if they've already seen Chambers before. Those new to such substandard beyond-the-grave stuff, on the other hand, will wish they'd never seen it in the first place. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Brian Tallerico RogerEbert.com I bailed after four very long hours in which I took a variation on the note "This should have just been a movie" about a dozen times. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Alex McLevy AV Club Chambers, the new supernatural drama being released this week on Netflix, really wants to intrigue you. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be terribly certain how to go about doing that. Rated: B- Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Vincent Schilling Indian Country Today I am furious at Netflix for canceling one of the best shows ever. Chambers featuring Native actor Sivan Alyra Rose is a stellar heart-wrenching thriller. Rated: 9.8 / 10 Aug 22, 2019 Full Review Paul Dailly TV Fanatic If you're looking for a well-acted series, then look no further than Chambers. But if you're looking for that in addition to a cleverly plotted storyline, then you should look elsewhere. Rated: 3/5 Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Saloni Gajjar Mashable Chambers [is] Netflix's new and not very good supernatural drama. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (87) audience reviews
      Carol It's a waste of time. It was a good idea but slow getting anywhere. Casting for the main character was a total disaster, she is supposed to be a teenager but looks like a roughly worn 35. She is not sympathetic at all, not sure why anyone would care about her. Very unlikable. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 08/21/23 Full Review Alexandra Anca C Is it just me, or the present policy requires that couples be of mixed races and that "the white man" always be to blame? Rated 3 out of 5 stars 04/23/23 Full Review Sinad W Terrible acting, I was laughing at some bits that were meant to be emotional. When the uncle offered something to eat while she was in the hospital, was an awkwardly hilarious interaction. But it was definitely meant to be emotional. It felt like a parody at times. Then like a soap. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 03/12/23 Full Review Rheu s The absolutely worst tv series I've ever watched & I've watched pretty shity things Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 12/26/22 Full Review Siouxsie M I absolutely loved this show and was extremely disappointed with Netflix for canceling the continuation of it. Quite surprised it was canceled actually. There's nothing out there like it. That cast was perfect, the story line kept you interested and invested. It is difficult to find a good leading character that is Indigenous in shows. It's not common compared to the negative views of Indigenous people. It's been about 2 years and I still always check if they brought it back and created more. There's no way this show wasn't good enough to continue on. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/01/22 Full Review Nina S EVERY EPISODE WAS IMMORAL AND WICKED!! I AM TALKING POLTERGEIST TYPE SINFUL AND UNGODLY DEVIL ACTION!!! BUT, I FINISHED IT IN ONE DAY !!! LOTS OF TWISTS AND TURNS. ITS A TWISTED SERIES AND DARK..BUT SO DAMN GOOD. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/14/22 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Show Less Cast & Crew Show More Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jun 15, 2000 It's Only Words Ruth joins a dating agency and lies about her job to avoid putting off men. Details Episode 2 Aired Jun 22, 2000 Trial by Television Fuller-Carp is green with envy when Ruth lands a lucrative slot as a legal eagle on daytime television. Details Episode 3 Aired Jun 29, 2000 Rent Arrears John Fuller-Carp finds out his shady property company is about to be exposed. Details Episode 4 Aired Jul 6, 2000 Phantom Barrister A group of barristers never let justice get in the way of making money. Details Episode 5 Aired Jul 13, 2000 The Masons Fuller-Carp thinks he has found a solution to his poor case record; Ruth and Hilary attend a Bar Gay and Lesbian Society event. Details Episode 6 Aired Jul 20, 2000 Only the Lonely Fuller-Carp takes the low road in his attempt to win a case; Ruth finds out about adopting a baby. Details
      % 100% The Vicar of Dibley % 98% Keeping Up Appearances % 73% Outnumbered % % dinnerladies % 79% The Thin Blue Line Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Network
      BBC
      Rating
      TV-PG
      Genre
      Comedy
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Jun 15, 2000