Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Reign of Blood – Roman Empire

2016 Drama Action Adventure List
      Reviews 59% Fewer than 50 Ratings Audience Score Chronicling the reigns of ancient Roman leaders. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Roman Empire — Reign of Blood

Netflix

Watch Roman Empire — Reign of Blood with a subscription on Netflix.

Audience Reviews

View All (9) audience reviews
      Clyde I thought it was very good. The production quality is excellent for a historical documentary and it will keep you watching and engaged. It reminds me of the old school History Channel style documentaries. I can't speak to any possible small inaccuracies. But overall seems on track from what i remember from college Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/14/23 Full Review Savage H Not overly accurate, but worth a watch if you're studying Roman history at school Rated 3 out of 5 stars 05/22/23 Full Review Kriski There are a lot of historical errors in this series. It is best to read a history book afterwards to find out whether it really happened as claimed in this series. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 05/18/23 Full Review Edward G Pretty good , but , too long Rated 3 out of 5 stars 05/17/23 Full Review mike a I was SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED! This could have been such a fantastic series! They had all the actors, the scenes, the props, the production and direction. Everything was set for a truly great dramatic historical series aka the older series "Rome". But, what do they do? The have someone narrating the story in the middle of and during the scenes with the actors, completely disrupting the story the actors were portraying. And then, if that was not bad enough, they throw in continual interviews with historians telling the stories instead of the actors!! They turned what could have been a truly great and exiting dramatic historical series into a documentary!!! Oh My God!! If I wanted to watch a documentary I'd subscribe to the History Channel or the National Geographic channel or something. And, while I find history very very interesting and will sometimes enjoy a documentary, my expectation from a brief trailer I watched, was that this was going to be a fantastic dramatic series based on ancient Rome and the Roman Emperors. I did not want to watch, nor did I expect a documentary!! I spent over $75.00 buying DVD's for this show from an Asian company who sells region free DVD's. And, even with Chinese subtitles it would have been great, if it weren't a documentary! Watching this show now, is almost boring and and a huge waste of my time! Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review Audience Member The series takes some pretty obvious shortcuts , there are no costume changes and I heard one character scream twice in the exact same way. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: Born in the Purple Intrigue brews and rumors fly in Rome as Marcus Aurelius, fighting in Germany, tries to train his son to succeed him. Details Episode 2 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: The Making of an Emperor The Germanic tribes make their move as Marcus Aurelius dies, leaving new Emperor Commodus to continue the war that doesn't interest him. Details Episode 3 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: Enemy of the Senate Not everyone supports Commodus' rise to power as the new emperor of Rome, including his sister Lucilla. Details Episode 4 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: Rome Is Burning Commodus manages to beat back his sister's coup, but changes his focus from governing to his personal life, banishing his wife and having an affair. Details Episode 5 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: Fight for Glory Cleander's treachery comes to light during a disastrous grain shortage, isolating Commodus, who decides to train as a gladiator to help unite the city. Details Episode 6 Aired Nov 11, 2016 Reign of Blood: 14 Days of Blood The emperor's bloody victories in the arena are the highlight of lavish imperial games, but Commodus' abuses of power lead to a final betrayal. Details
      98% 78% Lupin TRAILER for Lupin 94% 89% Castlevania TRAILER for Castlevania 69% 74% Black Knight TRAILER for Black Knight 50% 68% FUBAR TRAILER for FUBAR 60% 79% The Guardians of Justice Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Drama, Action, Adventure
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Nov 11, 2016
      More Top TV Picks Netflix