Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Bobby Kennedy for President

2018 Documentary TRAILER for Bobby Kennedy for President: Documentary Series Trailer List
      95% 21 Reviews Tomatometer 82% 50+ Ratings Audience Score Robert "Bobby" Kennedy led a political career that included serving as attorney general during the presidential administration of his brother, John, but he had greater ambitions. Those ambitions included running for president with a campaign that lasted only 83 days before he was assassinated in Los Angeles in June 1968. This four-part docuseries examines the "Bobby Phenomenon" of the 1960s and the politician's continuing influence decades after his untimely death. The show features interviews with RFK confidantes and staffers, including Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), singer Harry Belafonte and lawyer Peter Edelman. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Bobby Kennedy for President — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Bobby Kennedy for President — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Bobby Kennedy for President — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Bobby Kennedy for President crafts a poignant, nuanced view of a political process and a human being.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (5) audience reviews
      Paul H I was 10 when Robert Kennedy was assassinated, and I remember the day we found out about it. My parents were more into Eugene McCarthy, they didn't fully trust him, but I liked RFK, because for some reason as a 10 year old I liked JFK. I was a little bit of a political head back then. Anyway, I learned a lot more about the man from this TV show, and was very moved by his evolution as a human being over the five years that he was alive after his brother was killed in front of the world. Bobby had a profound effect on this country, on me, and was very inspiring. Well done Documentary. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/20/23 Full Review MATTHEW R While the production is top-notch, the doc fails in what a doc should aim to do: tell the truth as unbiasedly as possible. This doc, rather, serves as an encomium, a hymn to RFK. The Kennedys are presented without a sport or blemish. This obsequiousness soaks through every layer. For example, JFK's massive failures are skipped over and we are led to believe that, albeit a bit too slowly, he was a hero for American minorities. We are led to believe that the US went off the rails once Nixon was elected even though Nixon relaxed Cold War hostility, began moving the US out of Vietnam, and supported further Civil Rights legislation. Finally, the doc has a bizarre fascination with the totally unfounded and long-debunked conspiracy theory around RFK's assassination. The doc does not mention that Sirhan confessed to the assassination or that he gave his motivation as retaliation against RFK's pro-Israel measures. Instead, we hear undefined and murky talk about "the courts failing." We are left with an incredible suggestion that the security guard—whose weapon didn't match the bullets that killed RFK—was probably to blame because he had some unsavory opinions about minorities. Thus, although the doc looks good, it is, in the end, little more than a paranoid and uncritical sermon, worshipping RFK as a proxy for current far Left political causes. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 08/22/23 Full Review Audience Member Outstanding series about an amazingly interesting figure during an iconic era of American history. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member i recommend the new documentary bobby kennedy for president on netflix. it's a very well edited documentary about an extraordinary, charismatic, and determined politician. for those interested in american history and those who wish to learn about politics, this is essential viewinG. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member I thought we now hated woman assaulting/abusing white entitled men? This man was toilet bowl scum. Look at what he did to his wife? Look how he treated her. He planned the killing of foreign leaders. If you like fascist style propaganda then by all means enjoy being brainwashed by the people who created this crap. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Apr 27, 2018 A New Generation Combining charisma and grit, Robert F. Kennedy directs his brother's presidential campaign and helps him navigate the turbulent early 1960s. Details Episode 2 Aired Apr 27, 2018 I'd Like to Serve After JFK's murder, Bobby runs for the U.S. Senate and commits to championing civil rights, fighting poverty and opposing the war in Vietnam. Details Episode 3 Aired Apr 27, 2018 You Only Get One Time Around With America increasingly and violently divided, Bobby mounts an impassioned run for the White House until an assassin's hand intervenes. Details Episode 4 Aired Apr 27, 2018 Justice for Bobby In the wake of Bobby's assassination, his killer faces trial, conspiracy theories swirl, and Kennedy's supporters begin a long quest for justice. Details
      56% 76% Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes TRAILER for Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes 74% 70% The Innocent Man 98% 88% Wild Wild Country % 44% Drug Lords 70% 69% Dark Tourist Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This show is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (21) Critics Reviews
      John Anderson America Magazine Porter knows how to use her materials for maximum emotional impact. If so much of what we see feels new, it may be because the footage is so intimate-it doesn't communicate news, but personalities, relationships and atmosphere. Jul 27, 2018 Full Review Ben Travers indieWire Bobby Kennedy for President isn't meant to chastise anyone who dropped the ball so much as it illustrates how the following generations of Americans could develop into the citizens we are today. Rated: B Apr 30, 2018 Full Review Sophie Gilbert The Atlantic Bobby Kennedy for President, over its four-hour running time, uses its subject as a kind of microcosm for American politics itself. Apr 30, 2018 Full Review Gary Garrison The Playlist Despite the fact "Bobby Kennedy For President" fails to paint a full portrait of Bobby... the series is a moving and frightening look at the cost of division and the price that an entire country pays for it. Rated: B+ Dec 15, 2018 Full Review John Hanlon John Hanlon Reviews Regardless of your opinions of the Kennedys, this documentary series offers a revealing look at a painful period in our nation's history. Rated: 3.5/4 Nov 25, 2018 Full Review Alan French AwardsCircuit.com To give the size and scope of RFK's life the justice it deserves, the series is a focused and fluid. Rated: 3/4 Oct 10, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Director
      Dawn Porter
      Executive Producer
      Laura Michalchyshyn, Dawn Porter, David Sirulnick, Justin Wilkes, Jon Kamen, Nestan Behrans, Gunnar Deddio, Ben Cotner, Adam Del Deo, Lisa Nishimura
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Documentary
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Apr 27, 2018
      More Top TV Picks Netflix