Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 7 – Game of Thrones

2017 Drama Fantasy List
      93% 479 Reviews Tomatometer 81% 5,000+ Ratings Audience Score George R.R. Martin's best-selling book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" is brought to the screen as HBO sinks its considerable storytelling teeth into the medieval fantasy epic. It's the depiction of two powerful families -- kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and honest men -- playing a deadly game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and to sit atop the Iron Throne. Martin is credited as a co-executive producer and one of the writers for the series, whose shooting locations include Northern Ireland, Malta, Croatia and Spain. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Mar 01 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Game of Thrones — Season 7

Fandango at Home Prime Video Max

Watch Game of Thrones — Season 7 with a subscription on Max, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Game of Thrones — Season 7

What to Know

Critics Consensus

After a year-long wait, Game of Thrones roars back with powerful storytelling and a focused interest in its central characters -- particularly the female ones.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (479) Critics Reviews
      Matthew Gilbert Boston Globe The season premiere of Game of Thrones was thoroughly satisfying, a transporting hour that brilliantly reestablished the chessboard for the new, penultimate season. Apr 5, 2019 Full Review Ed Potton Times (UK) With the women more badass than ever, the men were left to do the touchy-feely stuff. Rated: 4/5 Dec 29, 2017 Full Review Joe Clay Times (UK) Benioff and Weiss's attempt to glue everything back together and -- if not start the game again -- return the pieces to positions that might make for a more interesting and considered endgame... worked. Rated: 4/5 Dec 29, 2017 Full Review Fausto Ponce Alta Fidelidad Magazine I enjoyed the seventh season of Game of Thrones like never before. [Full review in Spanish] Apr 28, 2021 Full Review Kelechi Ehenulo Confessions From A Geek Mind The time for politics is over. The great war is here and if there was an attitude to embrace for season seven, then it was a suspended disbelief. Rated: 3.5/5 Jul 16, 2020 Full Review Nathan Paige Cleveland Plain Dealer While I found "Dragonstone" to be completely engaging, I was expecting a bit more action. It's evident the writers decided to go with the slow build. I take that to mean the remaining six episodes of this season should be quite the feast. Apr 5, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (422) audience reviews
      Sashamarie C The start of bad writing and plot holes that go nowhere next season. Jaime reverts back to who he was, Tyrion has become a drunk who talks about cock and balls, Arya fast travels and can survive multiple stabs to the gut PLUS get thrown into a canal, Jon is a shell of who he is, and Bran... boy did demolish one of the most mysterious and unique characters to come out of the books. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 04/12/24 Full Review Nick S I remember when I first watched it that this was the last "good" season with 8 ruining everything. Now, on re-watch, this season was a bit bland with a few high drama moments, but also with a lot of logical flaws (telporting) etc. Still very enjoyable. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/14/24 Full Review Elisabet A Awesome season!!!!!!! Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 03/08/24 Full Review Miguel P Eu acho que começou a piorar um pouco mais isso não é algo que destrói a experiência Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/04/24 Full Review Sclar P Seja a Batalha dos Bastardos ou o Casamento Vermelho, "Game of Thrones" proporcionou alguns dos momentos mais icônicos da história da televisão. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/10/23 Full Review Jalen M Absolutely rushed, and starts to ruin the quality of Game of Thrones Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 09/01/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jul 16, 2017 Dragonstone Jon organizes the defense of the North; Cersei tries to even the odds; Daenerys comes home. Details Episode 2 Aired Jul 23, 2017 Stormborn Daenerys receives an unexpected visitor; Jon faces a revolt; Tyrion plans the conquest of Westeros. Details Episode 3 Aired Jul 30, 2017 The Queen's Justice Daenerys holds court; Cersei returns a gift; Jaime learns from his mistakes. Details Episode 4 Aired Aug 6, 2017 The Spoils of War Cersei makes plans to expand her military; Arya arrives at the Winterfell gates; Daenerys weighs her choices. Details Episode 5 Aired Aug 13, 2017 Eastwatch Daenerys offers a choice; Arya grows suspicious; Tyrion answers a good question. Details Episode 6 Aired Aug 20, 2017 Beyond the Wall Jon and the Brotherhood hunt the dead; Arya confronts Sansa; Tyrion thinks about the future. Details Episode 7 Aired Aug 27, 2017 The Dragon and the Wolf Tyrion tries to save Westeros from itself; Sansa questions loyalties. Details
      93% 82% House of the Dragon TRAILER for House of the Dragon % 97% Todd McFarlane's Spawn 64% % Spartacus % % The Almighty Johnsons 85% 94% Good Omens TRAILER for Good Omens Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (479) Critics Reviews
      Matthew Gilbert Boston Globe The season premiere of Game of Thrones was thoroughly satisfying, a transporting hour that brilliantly reestablished the chessboard for the new, penultimate season. Apr 5, 2019 Full Review Ed Potton Times (UK) With the women more badass than ever, the men were left to do the touchy-feely stuff. Rated: 4/5 Dec 29, 2017 Full Review Joe Clay Times (UK) Benioff and Weiss's attempt to glue everything back together and -- if not start the game again -- return the pieces to positions that might make for a more interesting and considered endgame... worked. Rated: 4/5 Dec 29, 2017 Full Review Fausto Ponce Alta Fidelidad Magazine I enjoyed the seventh season of Game of Thrones like never before. [Full review in Spanish] Apr 28, 2021 Full Review Kelechi Ehenulo Confessions From A Geek Mind The time for politics is over. The great war is here and if there was an attitude to embrace for season seven, then it was a suspended disbelief. Rated: 3.5/5 Jul 16, 2020 Full Review Nathan Paige Cleveland Plain Dealer While I found "Dragonstone" to be completely engaging, I was expecting a bit more action. It's evident the writers decided to go with the slow build. I take that to mean the remaining six episodes of this season should be quite the feast. Apr 5, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Director
      Matt Shakman, Alan Taylor, Mark Mylod, Jeremy Podeswa
      Executive Producer
      David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, Ralph Vicinanza, George R.R. Martin
      Screenwriter
      David Benioff, Bryan Cogman, D.B. Weiss, Dave Hill
      Network
      HBO
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Drama, Fantasy
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Jul 16, 2017