Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Candle Cove – Channel Zero

2016 Drama Horror Mystery & Thriller List
      86% 21 Reviews Tomatometer 79% 250+ Ratings Audience Score Children's TV is usually wholesome entertainment that can be enjoyed by the whole family, but child psychologist Mike Painter thinks there's one show in particular -- "Candle Cove" -- that might not have been so innocent. No one seems to remember the 1980s show except for Mike, and he has ever-growing suspicions that it might have played a role in a series of nightmarish events from his childhood, including the disappearance of his twin brother in the summer of 1988. When he returns home to investigate what happened all those years ago, Mike finds out that it -- whatever it was -- may be happening again. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Aug 08 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Channel Zero — Candle Cove

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Buy Channel Zero — Candle Cove on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Channel Zero — Candle Cove

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Creepy, unsettling, and refreshingly unique, Channel Zero: Candle Cove draws on easily relatable childhood fears while peeling back layers of spine-tingling mystery.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (53) audience reviews
      Al R Dumbest horror show ever. Shame on the writers for making the characters so stupid!!! Total waste of time. SPOILER: If I get stabbed and I have a gun, I don't care if they are kids, I'm gonna blow their heads off! I sure hope season 2 is better. If not, I will sell all 3 at my next yard sale Rated 1 out of 5 stars 04/12/24 Full Review Stoner J Unbelievable how this show got cancelled after 4 amazing seasons. If syfy had advertised there might have been more viewers but it fell by the wayside. This is the all time best horror anthology, particularly season 2 the no-end house but the rest all amazing also. There's some frustrating lack of dialogue in this season , well, solely by the two characters of the main family, the painter son and mom, which is the only reason it's not a perfect score but super smart, creepy and just interesting man! Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 10/02/23 Full Review DISmaidenNY I have to think that the positive reviews were written by 13 year olds. This was hard to get through. This is my favorite TYPE of show/movie, but I've never seen more of a mess then Season 1 of Channel Zero. So choppy and nonsensical, which often times, in these types of shows, you can forgive because there are other good things that compensate for it, but that is not the case here. The lead in this was absolutely awful. I kept trying to imagine how it would be with someone with a pulse playing Mike. Anyway, I don't know if the other seasons are this bad, and if I should bother watching or not. I don't want to regret wasting more hours on another subpar season when I know there are other shows/movies I could spend that time watching. I also don't want to miss a good show/season in my favorite genre. Unfortunately I have no way to know unless I put in the time, because I definitely can't trust these reviews. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 07/27/23 Full Review prawnda s this season has a lot going for it, but it drops the reveal halfway through episode 1 and then acts like the finale was going to be a surprise. it's also just very repetitive and can be pretty boring, similar to all of the rest of this series. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 07/16/23 Full Review Toms c A little weird, which I liked. Develops into something even better. Excellent, definitely recommend. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 06/11/23 Full Review Chloe M Not bad, gives a cool fuller story to the candle cove creepypasta. the tooth guy made me very uncomfortable though and it was kinda slow paced Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/14/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Oct 11, 2016 You Have to Go Inside Child psychologist Mike Painter investigates the 1988 murders of several children, including his twin brother, which may involve a children's TV show that has started airing again. Details Episode 2 Aired Oct 15, 2016 I'll Hold Your Hand Marla agrees to help Mike investigate the murders; Marla is horrified to learn a secret about what happened in 1988 that's been hidden since that time. Details Episode 3 Aired Oct 15, 2016 Want to See Something Cool? Mike must convince Gary that Candle Cove is behind the murders before he takes justice into his own hands; Marla, Jessica, and Amy frantically search for Mike before it's too late. Details Episode 4 Aired Nov 1, 2016 A Strange Vessel Mike's daughter Lily mysteriously arrives in Iron Hill, leading to more information about the murders of 1988; Mike and Jessica take drastic measures to heal the past and protect Lily from Candle Cove. Details Episode 5 Aired Nov 8, 2016 Guest of Honor Mike and Amy learn that the creator of Candle Cove isn't who they think he is; a brutal crime shocks the Iron Hill police force. Details Episode 6 Aired Nov 15, 2016 Welcome Home After Lily is taken by Candle Cove, Mike puts himself in danger to save his daughter and confront his tormentor; Marla faces an impossible choice. Details
      67% 72% Ascension % % Paranormal Witness % 67% Ghost Wars % 68% Z Nation 77% 84% Defiance Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This show is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (21) Critics Reviews
      Aja Romano Vox Brimming with Stephen King tropes and a bleak version of late-'80s nostalgia, the new horror anthology series is tailor-made for fans of Stranger Things clamoring for a new, darker fix. Nov 14, 2016 Full Review Lenika Cruz The Atlantic Channel Zero: Candle Cove is faithful to creepypasta in the way that matters most: by recognizing that children can experience fear that's as complex, terrifying, and real as anything felt by adults. Oct 26, 2016 Full Review Jen Chaney New York Magazine/Vulture Once it gets going, Channel Zero: Candle Cove smartly peels back additional layers of its central mystery so that the audience won't be satisfied until they finally get to the core of what really happened in Iron Hill all those years ago. Oct 12, 2016 Full Review Nick Venable CinemaBlend It's even more disturbing if you have kids...and a guy in your backyard wearing a skeleton costume. Dec 3, 2018 Full Review Ian Sandwell Digital Spy We're not sure we've ever seen anything like the tooth child in Candle Cove, and it has haunted our dreams ever since. Dec 3, 2018 Full Review Funmi Sunmonu Add This To Your List Season one is okay to miss. Visually it's done really well... but I need stuff to move and I was just sitting there staring at the TV just wondering when things were going to happen. Aug 28, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Nick Antosca, Max Landis
      Network
      SYFY
      Rating
      TV-14
      Genre
      Drama, Horror, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date