Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Quicksand

2019 Drama List
      Reviews 74% Audience Score 50+ Ratings After a tragedy at a Stockholm prep school, high school student Maja finds herself on trial for murder; based on the best-selling novel. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

Quicksand — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Quicksand — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Critics Reviews

View All (3) Critics Reviews
      Darío Doallo Clarín Outstanding performances. [Full review in Spanish] May 28, 2019 Full Review Jaime Fa de Lucas Culturamas It's a pity that a series with such an interesting premise and such a well-built atmosphere ends up disappointing. [Full review in Spanish] Apr 29, 2019 Full Review Joel Keller Decider ...Chilling scenes might bring a little more realism to what's an interesting crime drama, which will only make it better. Apr 5, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (16) audience reviews
      Gianvito A It was very intense but sometimes it felt flat but overall is good Rated 3 out of 5 stars 05/06/24 Full Review Wolfgang G Quicksand ist eine Kriminalserie, nach dem Roman "Im Traum kannst du nicht lügen" von Malin Persson Giolito… Maja, eine Studentin in Stockholm, wird nach einer Tragödie an ihrer Schule wegen Mordes vor Gericht gestellt… Eine gute Adaption des Romans… Mit einer gut ausgearbeiteten Geschichte, die aber stellenweise langsamer verläuft als gewöhnlich… Eine nahe perfekte Inszenierung, die zum Nachteil vorhersehbar ist… Dagegen ist die schauspielerische Leistung der Darsteller überdurchschnittlich ausgefallen… Rated 4 out of 5 stars 12/21/23 Full Review jeff g Taut, stressful, convincing drama told in the courtroom and in flashbacks of memories of the teen girl accused of a school shooting. Fine performances by the young leads. And the Swedish criminal procedure adds both unfamiliar flavor and novel rhetorical devices to a sad, believable, well paced storyline. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/09/23 Full Review London H very well down series, the story was put together really well even though I doubt in real life the ending would go that way Rated 4 out of 5 stars 07/25/23 Full Review Lukas K Quicksand is based on MalinPersson Giolito's novel of the same name and is about a mass shooting at a school in Stockholm's most affluent suburb, whereupon an 18-year-old student is suspected of murder. However, much more terrible things are revealed in the subsequent investigations. Quicksand is the first Swedish Netflix production. "Quicksand" tells an interesting story that doesn't seem predictable or boring at all, for the whole series I asked myself what the case was here. Unfortunately, some actors cut a worse figure than others, but you can look past that. A really surprisingly good mini-series! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 04/10/23 Full Review Diane M So tired of Netflix and all these immigration series. They paint all immigrants to be so innocent. I could tell you real stories of immigrants.... One I know was an Olympic runner who became a scam artist and went to Sing Sing for 8 years. Another became a drunk and repeatedly got arrested, insulted his beautiful wife repeatedly, and kept her up all night screaming about his past. Yet another sold stolen credit card numbers on 42nd Street, as he worked taxis at night. Don't get me started! I have a book of stories to tell about the REAL immigrants. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 12/12/23 Full Review Read all reviews
      Quicksand — Season 1

My Rating

Read More Read Less POST RATING WRITE A REVIEW EDIT REVIEW

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Apr 5, 2019 In the aftermath of a school shooting, 18-year-old Maja Norberg is taken into police custody and told she's being charged with murder. Details Episode 2 Aired Apr 5, 2019 Custody When Inspector Nilsson grills Maja further about her relationship with Sebastian, she recalls a wild party he threw at the start of the new school year. Details Episode 3 Aired Apr 5, 2019 The Funeral On the day of a funeral, guilt-ridden Maja itches to escape her cell; in a flashback, Maja's bond with Samir deepens as Sebastian spins out of control. Details Episode 4 Aired Apr 5, 2019 The Reconstruction Sebastian's behavior prompts Maja to break up with him; during a police reconstruction of the shooting, memories of that day come rushing back to Maja. Details Episode 5 Aired Apr 5, 2019 The Trial When the trial begins, Maja -- facing a possible 14 years in prison -- testifies to Claes' true nature and how her 18th birthday took a dark turn. Details Episode 6 Aired Apr 5, 2019 The Witnesses A witness who survived the shooting testifies that the night before the tragedy, Sebastian threw a party that ended in a shocking confrontation. Details
      89% 60% The Woods % 84% Blood & Water 50% 29% Devil in Ohio TRAILER for Devil in Ohio 38% 63% Hemlock Grove 53% 49% Tiny Pretty Things Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Director
      Per-Olav Sørensen
      Executive Producer
      Pontus Edgren, Martina Håkansson
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Drama
      Original Language