Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – The Letter for the King

2020 Adventure Action TRAILER for The Letter for the King: Season 1 Trailer List The Letter for the King: Season 1 Teaser The Letter for the King: Season 1 Teaser 1:14 The Letter for the King: Season 1 Trailer The Letter for the King: Season 1 Trailer 2:16 View more videos
      55% Tomatometer 22 Reviews 49% Audience Score 250+ Ratings A young squire holds the fate of the kingdom in his hands as he embarks on a quest to deliver a secret message to the king. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

The Letter for the King — Season 1

Netflix

Watch The Letter for the King — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

What to Know

Critics Consensus

The Letter for the King aspires for greatness, but poor pacing stretched across too many episodes hinder what could be an epic journey.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (22) Critics Reviews
      Scott Bryan BBC.com The Letter for the King is make a kid-friendly show ... without all the bad things that Game of Thrones had. The problem is that you end of getting something that really isn't that interesting to kids either. Jul 15, 2020 Full Review Nick Allen RogerEbert.com The Letter for the King tests the limits of when distracting entertainment is too familiar to be fun. Mar 23, 2020 Full Review Suzi Feay Financial Times Written by Will Davies of How to Train Your Dragon, this really is tremendous fun. Rated: 4/5 Mar 23, 2020 Full Review Mark Beaumont NME (New Musical Express) Unambitious family fare that tries to piggyback on the success of Game Of Thrones. Rated: 2/5 Jul 13, 2021 Full Review Kylie Klein-Nixon Stuff.co.nz A solid, wholesome way to get your kids hooked on old-school magic beyond the Harry Potter-verse. Apr 13, 2020 Full Review Emily Ashby Common Sense Media Underdog hero stands out in book-based fantasy series. Rated: 4/5 Apr 7, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (131) audience reviews
      The C Ruined a good show pushing enlightened social agenda, Rated 1 out of 5 stars 10/02/23 Full Review Henry J There could have been more episodes to flesh out the story. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 07/27/23 Full Review Anne d Okay there is so much wrong with this series i would advise netflix to read the book before making a tv series I am dutch the original language of the book First the book only spoke a few times of magic as a fear like in " what if it is magic" type of talk so since this book takes place in the middel ages i dont see this as there is magic in this book as no one actively uses it I managed to put up with it as netflix is allowed to give their own spin on it a bit Then the letter in some metal cilinder type contraption okay.... I eh can put up with it but the entite idea of it was that it was so unnoticeable as possible the original is a flat whiteish piece of paper folded up and sealed with 3 wax seals with a crown on it The entire journey was about " you cant loose the letter protect it with your own life never loose it if you even get threatened to loose it a little bit you must read it memorize it contents and destroy the letter " In my opinion i can argue that the actor they chose for tiuri is wrong as the entire idea was that he had a look that wouldn't say " ey thats someone we cant or can mess with " he had to be basically invisible i would have loved if they made Piak dark skinned but this i can live with as i am not a racist just a book lover who dislikes change I turned it off after tiuri lost the letter as that was something i couldn't live with that ruined the entire series for me Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 07/20/23 Full Review JoAnna B It made no sense. The build up for one character just to pass it on to another with no back story. The constant inconvenience kids end up being heros? How the kingdoms were saved makes no sense. A random woke moment?? And the senseless death of a character? If I never saw the ending it would have been better. I liked the horse. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 06/07/23 Full Review ANGELA R N Good series. Moves well and well acted. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review Julian U This was a massive flop poor character development left everything lack luster. With every character being very shallow and not fleshed out. The story is very hard to follow and is very easy to just give up on. Not suggested dont waist your time thumbs down it on Netflix immediately and dont watch it Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 09/08/22 Full Review Read all reviews

My Rating

Read More Read Less POST RATING WRITE A REVIEW EDIT REVIEW

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Mar 20, 2020 Storm Clouds Gather Pressured by his father and mocked by his peers, Tiuri, 15, competes to become a Knight of Dagonaut, just as the kingdom faces a dark threat. Details Episode 2 Aired Mar 20, 2020 Isn't She a Sweetheart? With the Red Riders and Novices hot on his trail, Tiuri makes his way to Mistrinaut, where the mayor's daughter takes an ardent interest in his mission. Details Episode 3 Aired Mar 20, 2020 At the End of the World The Red Riders drive their captives high into the snowy mountains; caught in a storm, Tiuri and Lavinia take shelter inside a spooky monastery. Details Episode 4 Aired Mar 20, 2020 Danger Knights On a ship headed toward Unauwen, Tiuri and Lavinia meet a mysterious passenger who appears to know the secret of Tiuri's past and his destiny. Details Episode 5 Aired Mar 20, 2020 Spiral Ardanwen guides the group to a weirdly empty town; Lavinia helps Tiuri practice controlling his powers; a startling discovery divides the Novices. Details Episode 6 Aired Mar 20, 2020 When the Blood Moon Rises As the Blood Moon nears and Viridian prepares for his homecoming, Tiuri and friends wrestle with doubt, betrayal and an intimidating final test. Details
      86% 90% The Mysterious Benedict Society TRAILER for The Mysterious Benedict Society % 64% Tierra incógnita 100% 77% Iwájú: City of Tomorrow TRAILER for Iwájú: City of Tomorrow % 83% Ice Age: Scrat Tales 68% % Sinbad Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-PG
      Genre
      Adventure, Action
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Mar 20, 2020
      More Top TV Picks Netflix