Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Dolly Parton's Heartstrings

2019 Drama Music TRAILER for Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: Season 1 Trailer List Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: Season 1 Featurette - Stories Behind the Songs Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: Season 1 Featurette - Stories Behind the Songs 2:26 Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: Season 1 Trailer Dolly Parton's Heartstrings: Season 1 Trailer 1:58 View more videos
      54% Tomatometer 13 Reviews 94% Audience Score 50+ Ratings This anthology series showcases the stories, memories, and inspirations behind the singer's most beloved songs. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Buy Now

Where to Watch

Dolly Parton's Heartstrings — Season 1

Fandango at Home Prime Video Netflix

Watch Dolly Parton's Heartstrings — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Dolly Parton's Heartstrings — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

As unique as Dolly herself, Heartstrings' many tales of heartache and love don't always play, but strong performances and a sense of tension should be enough for fans of music and melodramaalike.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (13) Critics Reviews
      Melanie McFarland Salon.com Heartstrings is an acquired taste, it's true. But [Dolly] Parton herself is a universally adored figure that you wish were available to call you sugar and sing you a lullaby as you softly cry yourself to sleep for the 280th time this year. Nov 25, 2019 Full Review Lucy Mangan Guardian What the scripts lack, the actors try to make up for with wry looks, lip-biting and - if trying to be sexy - constant gentle undulation. But everything is terrible, and not even bad enough to be good. Rated: 1/5 Nov 24, 2019 Full Review Richard Roeper Chicago Sun-Times ...immaculate, polished, freshly varnished sets... Rated: 3.5/4 Nov 22, 2019 Full Review Elizabeth Garcia But Why Tho? A Geek Community For fans of Parton, this is a much-watch and for anyone needing a good cry, I highly recommend grabbing a glass of red wine, curling up with a warm blanket, and hitting play. Rated: 8/10 Jan 22, 2023 Full Review Christopher James AwardsCircuit.com Not without moments of charm, each episode makes one wish they had just listened to her greatest hits on Spotify instead. Rated: 2/4 Jan 13, 2020 Full Review Steve Murray ArtsATL I couldn't stomach it, though I think in its middle-of-the-road approach to cozy life lessons, the show is doing exactly what it intends to do. Dec 23, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (24) audience reviews
      Cassie D Overall, an enjoyable series of mini-movies. These are morality tales with a side of humor, drama and good music. Some of the stories are better than others--Jolene is my favorite. Enjoy! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 05/02/24 Full Review Audience Member Love it want a seson 2 Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member This show took me on an emotional roller coaster. It made me fall in love with Dolly all over again. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member Beautiful movies of Dolly's Parton songs amazing story telling. Waiting for Season 2 Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member Honestly too contrived and obvious. Nothing was left to the imagination. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Audience Member I loved most of the stories. It's definitely the type of show you have to be in the mood for; it is called "Heartstrings" after all. The style and acting remind me of a show or movie you'd see on the Lifetime or the Hallmark channels. Overall, was cute, especially if you're a Dolly Parton fan like I am. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 01/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Nov 22, 2019 Jolene Jolene is back -- and bolder than ever; a modern take on the auburn-haired icon and her seductive reputation. Details Episode 2 Aired Nov 22, 2019 Two Doors Down Holy matrimony meets hardheaded tradition as one family prepares for a big-budget wedding -- and a string of life-altering announcements. Details Episode 3 Aired Nov 22, 2019 If I Had Wings The pain of the past and the promise of the future collide in an emotional tale of a family divided by difference -- and reunited by chance. Details Episode 4 Aired Nov 22, 2019 Cracker Jack Four women reunite for a weekend of memories and try to make peace with lingering secrets. Details Episode 5 Aired Nov 22, 2019 Down From Dover Young love faces adversity during the Vietnam War when a reverend's daughter and a budding soldier brave the unknown -- one leap of faith at a time. Details Episode 6 Aired Nov 22, 2019 Sugar Hill A romance that spans decades returns to its roots in a story of sweethearts-turned-soul mates and the humble hometown they once called their own. Details Episode 7 Aired Nov 22, 2019 J.J. Sneed The Old West finds new life in an action-packed story of sharpshooter Maddie Hawkins, outlaw J.J. Sneed and their complex bond in the face of chaos. Details Episode 8 Aired Nov 22, 2019 These Old Bones A mysterious mountain woman steps into the spotlight as a lawyer struggles to find her voice in a story of seeing, believing and everything in between. Details
      % % The Breaks % 0% American Song Contest % % The Riveras 100% 67% My Kind of Country 100% 88% The Bobby Brown Story Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Sam Haskell, Dolly Parton, Patrick Sean Smith
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-14
      Genre
      Drama, Music
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date