Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Never Have I Ever

2020 Comedy Drama TRAILER for Never Have I Ever: Season 1 Trailer List Never Have I Ever: Season 1 Featurette - Mindy Kaling & Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Never Have I Ever: Season 1 Featurette - Mindy Kaling & Maitreyi Ramakrishnan 2:36 Never Have I Ever: Season 1 Trailer Never Have I Ever: Season 1 Trailer 1:48 View more videos
      95% Tomatometer 62 Reviews 88% Audience Score 1,000+ Ratings The complicated life of a first-generation Indian-American teenager. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

Never Have I Ever — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Never Have I Ever — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Never Have I Ever's fresh take on the coming-of-age comedy is hilariously honest, sweetly smart, and likely to have viewers falling head over heels for charming newcomer Maitreyi Ramakrishnan.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (62) Critics Reviews
      himani Autostraddle Perhaps most upsetting, Kaling exposes the abuse that goes unquestioned in too many South Asian families but refuses to question it... Apr 12, 2022 Full Review Aarushi Agni Bitch Media It's a joke-laden comedy of errors, riddled with sentimental montages of Devi's father (the very charming Ramamurthy at his DILF-iest), Indian diasporic angst, and of course, teen drama. Mar 16, 2021 Full Review Evette Dionne Bitch Media Never Have I Ever is a teen comedy, but its meditation on the weight of grief-and the responsibility we have to face it-is as adult as it gets. Mar 15, 2021 Full Review Swara Salih But Why Tho? A Geek Community Never Have I Ever Season 1 provides tremendous insight into the emotional and mental health difficulties that immigrant families can face. Dec 28, 2023 Full Review Bill Brioux Brioux.tv Maitreyi Ramakrishnan — who has the comedy chops — plays Devi, a sophomore student trying to get past the sudden death of her father and the psychological paralysis it triggered. Somehow the actress and Kalling make that seem funnier than it reads. Oct 13, 2022 Full Review Michael Cuby them. Like Mindy's best sitcoms, Never Have I Ever spends just as much time exploring the lives of the compelling characters immediately in Devi’s orbit... Oct 3, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (244) audience reviews
      Audience Member I am SO grateful for this show, I have been waiting for a good show like this in so long. characters are so likable and relatable and it's got the perfect balance of comedy, drama and romance! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/01/24 Full Review Audience Member Fun show that will bring back a lot of high school memories. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/16/24 Full Review Jariah S it did not let me watch the show Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 09/03/23 Full Review Dax D Really fun to watch. I would really suggest anyone to watch this show. This show can satisfy a large spectrum of audiences. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 08/27/23 Full Review Gabriel S Série maravilhosa, ótimos atores! Com ênfase a protagonista Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/22/23 Full Review Heather H This is a really good, clean fun, young teen appropriate series that also draws in adults and ages of all. However, while teaching great lessons such as bullying, eating disorders, teen sex issues and pressures, etc., the show frequently uses the word "GD". This is upsetting and goes against teaching good values. Just when morals and life lessons are being taught, here's a child using God's name in vain. I get involved and want to watch another episode and then BAM!!! There's that word again coming out of a teens mouth and it makes me want to stop watching. I don't understand how the use of this word over and over makes the show any better. It actually hurts it. We need more good, clean, wholesome shows our younger generations can watch. They will hear enough of this type of language in their everyday lives without hearing it in every episode of the series. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 06/22/23 Full Review Read all reviews

My Rating

Read More Read Less POST RATING WRITE A REVIEW EDIT REVIEW

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Apr 27, 2020 Pilot After recent trauma, Devi starts her first day as a high school sophomore determined to shed old labels and finally become cool. Details Episode 2 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Had Sex With Paxton Hall-Yoshida Devi balks at telling her friends the truth about her awkward interactions with Paxton; the prospect of an arranged marriage puts Kamala under pressure. Details Episode 3 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Gotten Drunk With the Popular Kids Devi hopes to win points with Paxton at a party, until events take a surprising turn; hidden emotions emerge for Fabiola; Kamala makes a choice. Details Episode 4 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Felt Super Indian At Ganesh Puja celebrations, Devi questions how much she identifies with Indian culture; Nalini dodges sharp-tongued aunties; Kamala frets over her future. Details Episode 5 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Started a Nuclear War Devi allows rumors about her and Paxton to simmer during an overnight school trip; Fabiola opens up to Eleanor, who gets upsetting news about her mother. Details Episode 6 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Been the Loneliest Boy in the World With absentee parents, a shallow girlfriend and no one to hang out with, Ben Gross is lonelier than ever until a surprising invitation offers some hope. Details Episode 7 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Been a Big, Fat Liar Devi oversteps several boundaries while trying to be a better friend; Eleanor's reunion with her mother leads to multiple revelations and confessions. Details Episode 8 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Pissed Off Everyone I Know After another fallout with her friends, Devi struggles with unresolved trauma; a party at Ben's home turns out to be equal parts awkward, awful and amazing. Details Episode 9 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Had to Be on My Best Behavior Flashbacks reveal painful memories for Devi; Kamala is forced to be honest as the family welcomes her suitor at home. Details Episode 10 Aired Apr 27, 2020 ...Said I'm Sorry After unwelcome news triggers a fight with her mother, Devi seeks an escape; Mohan's birthday brings a chance for closure -- and for new beginnings. Details
      93% 81% On My Block TRAILER for On My Block % 86% The Upshaws TRAILER for The Upshaws 90% 92% Atypical TRAILER for Atypical 50% 57% Boo, Bitch TRAILER for Boo, Bitch 96% 84% Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt TRAILER for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Lang Fisher, Mindy Kaling
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-14
      Genre
      Comedy, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date