Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 4 – Sherlock

2017 Adventure Crime Drama List
      54% Tomatometer 123 Reviews 46% Audience Score 2,500+ Ratings In this contemporary version of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's detective stories, Dr. John Watson is a war vet just home from Afghanistan. He meets the brilliant but eccentric Holmes when the latter, who serves as a consultant to Scotland Yard, advertises for a flatmate. Almost as soon as Watson moves into the Baker Street flat, they are embroiled in mysteries, and Sherlock's nemesis, Moriarty, appears to have a hand in the crimes. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Buy Now

Where to Watch

Sherlock — Season 4

Fandango at Home Prime Video Hulu

Watch Sherlock — Season 4 with a subscription on Hulu, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Sherlock — Season 4

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Sherlock makes a welcome and shocking return, and Cumberbatch and Freeman are game, but it may prove difficult to live up to the lofty expectations created by the series' lengthy hiatus.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (123) Critics Reviews
      Martin Hoyle Financial Times It's a jolly enough episode, but not as thrillingly stylish as some past adventures. Rated: 3/5 Apr 11, 2019 Full Review Karl Quinn The Age (Australia) Not many shows can handle such swift and complete shifts in tone as this, but Sherlock makes them look positively elementary. Mar 27, 2018 Full Review James Jackson Times (UK) How great to see Jones let rip after so many down-at-heel roles; even his toothy leer, which reminded me of Alec Guinness's in The Ladykillers, felt award-worthy. Rated: 4/5 Dec 28, 2017 Full Review Chris Hansell Cultured Vultures They've abandoned the mystery format that makes Holmes such a fun character to be around. In an almost literal sense, they've lost the plot. Oct 4, 2019 Full Review Eleanor Halls GQ Magazine [UK] Frankly, it's just a shame the BBC only bothered to make the finale worth watching, rather than the whole series. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Rosemary Collins The Mary Sue If this is the end, then it leaves the people who loved the show for its celebration of difference with a troubling message: that difference makes you a hero if you're a white man, and an aberration if you're anyone else. Apr 12, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (492) audience reviews
      Kesava Dharshan The first two episodes were truly good, and funny in a way, liked these two compared to the older ones. But then "The final problem" is not my pick of the lot. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 12/31/23 Full Review yes A GREAT WATCH!!! Truthfully, although the series has lost some of the fleeting witty charm of the first few episodes (which made it so enjoyable), i do admire that there were attempts to gather together the plot points scattered before in the past few seasons, even if some were a little bit of a stretch, snese can be made! This season delved more into… sherlocks flaws and the characters i suppose and i would have really loved one more episode to pull the ending together more eloquently. HOWEVER, that being said, this show is honestly compelling and gets my mind HOOKED throughout! (i love john hamish watson and sherlock and mycroft and mary so much,,,) Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 07/04/23 Full Review Pusheen P Personally I loved it, I was very emotionally gripping, funny and good twists, the only issues I had was the queer baiting and (spoilers!) Sherlock has a sister, but as this is something that happens a lot in sherlock story's I'm kinda used to it, and bbc sherlock did it best in my opinion Rated 4 out of 5 stars 05/28/23 Full Review Marie C Such a tragic downfall after the first two series Rated 1 out of 5 stars 04/22/23 Full Review Matt D Talk about throwing away your entire concept, everything that made Sherlock such a brilliant series to watch is now gone. The plots of these three episodes (if you can claim they have plots) veer from the deranged to the down right stupid. The constant introduction of more and more banal ‘twists' is frankly offensive to the audience watching. They might as well have had the characters just stand and alternately wink at the camera for three episodes in front of a large banner saying "Aren't we clever" Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/07/23 Full Review Agostina F Esta es mi serie favorita pero la temporada 4 es totalmente ajena a las anteriores. Los personajes están diferentes desde su apariencia hasta su personalidad, se presentan situaciones en las que no actúan como lo solían hacer. Todo resultó extraño desde el principio, casi no apareció el departamento en Baker Street, un lugar que tiene un papel muy importante. Entiendo el arco de los personajes y a dónde querían llegar, pero creo que se quisieron arriesgar y no salió muy bien ya que se perdió la esencia de Sherlock. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 01/05/23 Full Review Read all reviews
      Sherlock — Season 4

My Rating

Read More Read Less POST RATING WRITE A REVIEW EDIT REVIEW

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jan 1, 2017 The Six Thatchers Sherlock Holmes returns to Britain as Watson and his wife prepare for their first child. Details Episode 2 Aired Jan 8, 2017 The Lying Detective Sherlock faces perhaps the most chilling enemy of his long career -- the powerful and seemingly unassailable Culverton Smith, a man with a very dark secret. Details Episode 3 Aired Jan 15, 2017 The Final Problem Sherlock and Watson face their greatest challenge after long-buried secrets catch up to them. Details
      17% 40% The Prisoner 90% 83% Rick and Morty TRAILER for Rick and Morty 59% 53% Crossbones 75% 64% Hooten and the Lady 74% 74% Sleepy Hollow Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Director
      Benjamin Caron, Rachel Talalay
      Executive Producer
      Steven Moffat
      Screenwriter
      Mark Gatiss, Steven Moffat
      Network
      BBC
      Rating
      TV-14
      Genre