Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Rise of Empires: Ottoman

2020 History Drama List
      Reviews 87% Audience Score 100+ Ratings Ottoman sultan Mehmed II wages an epic campaign to take the Byzantine capital of Constantinople, shaping the course of history for centuries. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

Rise of Empires: Ottoman — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Rise of Empires: Ottoman — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Critics Reviews

View All (1) Critics Reviews
      John Serba Decider It's mostly schmistory. But at least it's not dull. Jan 27, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (71) audience reviews
      K F I love to watch historical dramas and pause throughout to search and check facts or more info... this was perfect because this is done in-film for you and at all the perfect points. Charles Dance is the perfect narrator and while all the actors are great, the lead Cem Yigit Üzümoglu is quite outstanding. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/31/24 Full Review Emily L I have a lot of Turkish friends and have learned the language and spent a lot of time in Türkiye over the years. I heard so much and read so much (and saw with my own eyes so much architecture and history around the cities) about the Ottoman Empire. I also grew tired of all the stupid stereotypes of Turkish people and culture by the west. I love this series for how it shows the critical points of the rise of the longest-ever influential human empire in history. I think Turks should be proud of their ingenuity and approach to governance and I am fascinated how much the characters resonate with what I have grown to know and adore about the culture. For all the people who want to come on here and slam the documentary please state your credentials and exact reasoning in a critical way please. It's very strange and "whataboutism" logic I see. The facts are the facts and while this might infuse drama, I don't see it as overly indulgent … you actually have historians verifying it! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/22/24 Full Review tomasz b Genius Series! Watched it many times and still gets my blood pumping and adrenaline going 😎 Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/22/23 Full Review Hrafna Y This is am absolute must see docuseries by Netflix. It's well portrayed and the casts are amazing. Learned something new about the history of the ottoman. Can't wait for Season 3! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/11/23 Full Review Ramazan Samet T İstanbul'un fethi, Fatih'in genç yaşta sultan oluşu ve Roma'nın paralı asker gücü Cenevizli Gianno üzerine yapılmış. İstanbul'un fethinin tarih kitaplarında yazılanın aksine büyük zorlukları, hataları, komploları, ajanları ve diğer çoğu etkeni dikkate alarak izlemesi keyifli bir seri yapmışlar. Yapılan hataların sonucu, acemiliğin sonuçları, azmin ve hırsın gerekliliğini görüyoruz.Bazı anlarda "ulan bitti herhalde Osmanlı, alamayacaklar herhalde" diyordum. Hoşuma gitti. Anlatım tarzı, oyuncular ve görsellik güzel. Büyük savaş sekansları yok, herhalde bütçe yetmediği için genelde teke tek az oyuncunun olduğu savaş sekansları çekilmiş. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 08/30/23 Full Review Sheila B I was not bored at all. The acting was first-rate that I would like to see more of these actors. Production values were excellent. I found it gripping. But as always with these historical productions, the facts cannot all be accepted as actual. To me, that means further investigation but Vlad Dracula was indeed a monster. But the actor portrays him as a three-dimensional human being. The actor who portrayed Mehmed was also compelling. I know more about Vlad than about Mehmed so I don't know how much was accurate. Still, the show was thrilling and worth watching. I have only watched "Mehmed v. Vlad." Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 06/11/23 Full Review Read all reviews
      Rise of Empires: Ottoman — Season 1

My Rating

Read More Read Less POST RATING WRITE A REVIEW EDIT REVIEW

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jan 24, 2020 The New Sultan Genoese mercenaries enter the fray as Mehmed II claims the Ottoman throne and sends a signal to Byzantine emperor Constantine XI. Details Episode 2 Aired Jan 24, 2020 Through The Walls Mehmed launches a siege to break through the walls of Constantinople, but Giustiniani's mercenaries manage to forestall the Janissaries. Details Episode 3 Aired Jan 24, 2020 Into The Golden Horn Mehmed's men dig underground tunnels in an attempt to shatter city walls; the tides turn against the Ottomans when a naval blockade breaks down. Details Episode 4 Aired Jan 24, 2020 Loose Lips Sink Ships Mehmed moves his ships overland to the Golden Horn in a daring feat; in the shadow of betrayal, Giustiniani attacks the Ottoman fleet. Details Episode 5 Aired Jan 24, 2020 Ancient Prophecies Amid a spiral of brutality and low morale, Mehmed entices Giustiniani with an offer; the grand vizier urges Mehmed to seek a truce with his rival. Details Episode 6 Aired Jan 24, 2020 Ashes to Ashes Ottoman cannons reduce the walls to rubble, and Venetian reinforcements arrive too late; Mehmed ushers in a new era for the Ottoman Empire. Details
      86% 71% Barbarians TRAILER for Barbarians 47% 45% A Man in Full TRAILER for A Man in Full % 84% Hot Skull TRAILER for Hot Skull % 75% Queen 83% 53% The Diplomat TRAILER for The Diplomat Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Sarah Wetherbee, Kelly McPherson, Emre Sahin, Jada Miranda
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      History, Drama
      Original Language
      Turkish
      Release Date