Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

The Cost

R 2023 1h 48m Drama Mystery & Thriller Crime TRAILER for The Cost: Trailer 1 List
      86% 7 Reviews Tomatometer 95% 50+ Ratings Audience Score Set over a gripping 48 hours, THE COST tells the story of two ordinary men David (Jordan Fraser-Trumble) and Aaron (Damon Hunter) who abduct a newly released felon Troy (Kevin Dee) who committed a horrific crime years before. Intent on delivering their own brutal form of justice, David and Aaron come face-to-face with the man who destroyed their lives. But will they succeed in their violent quest for justice -- or will the true cost of vengeance prove too high? Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Mar 05 Buy Now

Where to Watch

The Cost

Fandango at Home

Rent The Cost on Fandango at Home, or buy it on Fandango at Home.

Critics Reviews

View All (7) Critics Reviews
      David Stratton The Australian The Cost, a low budget Australian revenge thriller directed by Matthew Holmes, would be more effective if it were less brutal. Rated: 2.5/5 Oct 6, 2023 Full Review Simon Foster Screen-Space This superbly acted, compellingly staged study in vigilante psychology will be too grey-shaded for some, who may interpret the narrative trajectory as a pro-argument for personal justice; others [will] will lap up scenes of brutal payback. Rated: 3.5/5 Nov 22, 2023 Full Review Jim Schembri jimschembri.com An outstanding small-scale thriller that grabs you by the throat from the get-go and never lets go, tightening its grip as a seemingly straightforward situation gets ever more complicated...Performances throughout are totally convincing. Rated: 4/5 Oct 13, 2023 Full Review Matthew Pejkovic Matt's Movie Reviews An intense story of revenge told with stark, intimate filmmaking and powerful performances. Rated: 4/5 Oct 12, 2023 Full Review Lisa Nystrom FILMINK (Australia) Unsettling, brutal, and provocative … Rated: 15/20 Oct 10, 2023 Full Review David Griffiths Subculture Entertainment The fact that the film looks and feels so natural makes it one of the best crime thrillers of the year. Rated: 4/5 Oct 8, 2023 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (50) audience reviews
      Hayley C Brilliant from start to finish, great Aussie thriller Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/07/24 Full Review Brad M Wow what a film, from start to finish it has you glued to the screen wondering what will happen next, a gripping story of a well planned revenge in honour of a loved one. Damon Hunter played an amazing role of a heartbroken brother that nailed the role in this film. I must admit without giving too much away I thought I could pick how the film was going to end but the twist in the last 10 minutes (paddock scene) had me thinking wow I never seen that coming. I would recommend watching when you have no distractions so you can truly enjoy this film from start to finish and the amazing details that has gone into making this film. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 05/07/24 Full Review Vincent D Brilliant Aussie film, one of the best I’ve seen in ages. Gripping film, had me guessing from the get go. Well written, brilliantly directed and acted. Question is, what would you do?? Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/04/24 Full Review Jason W Excellent little movie. My wife and I liked it a lot. Definitely gets you thinking about what you would do in that situation Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/10/24 Full Review A.L.Jude P Outstanding thriller made to perfection. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 11/17/23 Full Review Tanya W Had me captured right from the beginning and never dropped the ball. This film walked a tight rope and never went too far on the violence, remaining a thriller, safe enough to watch for the audience, but never letting go of the questions we've all pondered on what we'd do if were in the same position. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 05/03/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

95% 61% Attachment TRAILER for Attachment 82% 77% On the Fringe 60% % Iravin Nizhal 95% 44% The Eternal Daughter TRAILER for The Eternal Daughter 100% 100% Captain Volkonogov Escaped Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Movie Info

Synopsis Set over a gripping 48 hours, THE COST tells the story of two ordinary men David (Jordan Fraser-Trumble) and Aaron (Damon Hunter) who abduct a newly released felon Troy (Kevin Dee) who committed a horrific crime years before. Intent on delivering their own brutal form of justice, David and Aaron come face-to-face with the man who destroyed their lives. But will they succeed in their violent quest for justice -- or will the true cost of vengeance prove too high?
      Director
      Matthew Holmes
      Producer
      Ross Angelo, Adam La Rosa, Joshua Little
      Screenwriter
      Matthew Holmes, Gregory Moss
      Production Co
      Bronte Pictures, RLC Motion Picture Entertainment, Two Tone Pictures, La Rosa Productions
      Rating
      R
      Genre
      Drama, Mystery & Thriller, Crime
      Original Language
      English
      Runtime
      1h 48m
      Aspect Ratio
      Scope (2.35:1)
      Most Popular at Home Now