Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Influencer

2023 1h 32m Horror Mystery & Thriller TRAILER for Influencer: Trailer 1 List
      92% 51 Reviews Tomatometer 70% 250+ Ratings Audience Score INFLUENCER tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant, "Riverdale"), a popular social media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud, "See"), a fearless and enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks with locals, discussing the differences between Madison's online presence and CW's lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights, things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location -- a deserted island that is completely off the grid. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jan 08 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Influencer

Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent Influencer on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Influencer

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Influencer should get plenty of likes from horror fans hungry for a smart, scary chiller with something to say.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (112) audience reviews
      Eric B Lots of scenery with a very flimsy story and poor acting. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 05/02/24 Full Review inta k quite interesting, cool story line, even though predictable. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 05/01/24 Full Review Ryan M I may have seen approximately a dozen or so Shudder exclusively distributed horror originals, and despite its minimalist script, I'd consider Influencer as one of the higher tier entries. Cassandra Naud's performance is brilliant here and definitely held my attention through this slow burn physiological horror; especially her incredibly calm and sociopathic monologue on the beach of the uninhabited island with Madison - utter chills. I continue to avoid trailers and synopses as I find, especially with films like this that receive predominantly positive reception, it leads to a much more satisfying viewing experience. It brings about an enjoyable mental exercise in trying to predict the progression of the narrative. My biggest qualm with this film is we don't really ever get a developed backstory or definitive explanation of CW's motivations for her actions. However, I found it particularly intriguing that I was constantly rooting for Naud's character despite her "fucking creepy" tendencies. Overall, enjoyable enough as a 90 minute Shudder Original and substantially better than most being released by the horror streaming service. Check it out. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/30/24 Full Review Robin L Good fun film - wanted to give it 4 stars but just a little far fetched and some hammy acting puts it down to 3.5 Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/25/24 Full Review Emmett L The ending was not nearly as satisfying as it should have been. And you're kind of just waiting for it the whole time. You know it's coming, and it delivers poorly. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 03/16/24 Full Review Roos S I only went for 4/10 because the ending was close to the ending I wanted to see. This movie is only 1.5h but it feels too long. It takes much too long to get the actual story, though I feel it never really got there. [slight spoiler ahead: >>> I had much rather seen the girl on the island uncovering her horrendous reality than what the movies was about.] The total lack of background and motivation to what drove the main character just makes this movie boring. It's trying too hard to be dark and some meaningful reflection on the influence of social media on society that it becomes just edgy cringe. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 03/02/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

20% 42% Alone at Night TRAILER for Alone at Night 90% 68% Nanny TRAILER for Nanny 58% 42% So Cold the River TRAILER for So Cold the River 81% % Cuckoo TRAILER for Cuckoo 82% 68% Unseen TRAILER for Unseen Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (51) Critics Reviews
      Brian Tallerico RogerEbert.com [Influencer] is smartly crafted, well-written, and strongly performed. Rated: 3/4 May 26, 2023 Full Review Noel Murray Los Angeles Times On a surface level, this is an alluring film, all about what happens when people bring their carefully constructed online personas into the messier, bloodier real world. May 26, 2023 Full Review Brandon Yu New York Times Harder has made good and entertaining use of a premise that could have become a simple gimmick, and Naud and Saper prove strong leads as their characters try to read each other between the likes. May 25, 2023 Full Review Sarah Vincent Cambridge Day Director and co-writer Kurtis David Harder (“Summerland”) creates a lush and gorgeous film that will make his audience want to jump into the screen and join the characters regardless of the looming danger. Rated: 2.5/4 Aug 16, 2023 Full Review Farah Cheded A Good Movie To Watch A captivating central performance does its best to elevate this otherwise serviceable social media horror. Rated: 65/100 Jul 27, 2023 Full Review Joe Lipsett Anatomy of a Scream Podcast Network A smart, savvy thriller anchored by star Cassandra Naud's magnetic performance. The way the film uses her natural birthmark is particularly innovative, as are the multiple shifts in perspective that help to keep the story fresh. Rated: 4/5 Jul 21, 2023 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis INFLUENCER tells the story of Madison (Emily Tennant, "Riverdale"), a popular social media influencer who is having a lonely and uneventful trip in Thailand despite what she tells her followers on Instagram. While reflecting on her boyfriend canceling the trip, she meets CW (Cassandra Naud, "See"), a fearless and enigmatic traveler who offers to take her to some of the most Instagram-worthy locations. Together they share authentic meals and drinks with locals, discussing the differences between Madison's online presence and CW's lack of one. After showing Madison all of the amazing sights, things take a different turn when CW brings her to a surprise location -- a deserted island that is completely off the grid.
      Director
      Kurtis David Harder
      Screenwriter
      Kurtis David Harder, Tesh Guttikonda, Kurtis David Harder, Tesh Guttikonda
      Distributor
      Shudder
      Production Co
      Octane Entertainment
      Genre
      Horror, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      May 26, 2023
      Runtime
      1h 32m