Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Sick

R 2022 1 hr. 23 min. Horror Mystery & Thriller TRAILER for Sick: Trailer 1 List
      85% 62 Reviews Tomatometer 73% 500+ Ratings Audience Score As the pandemic steadily brings the world to a halt, Parker and her best friend Miri decide to quarantine at the family lake house alone--or so they think. Read More Read Less Watch on Peacock Stream Now

Where to Watch

Sick

Fandango at Home Peacock Prime Video

Watch Sick with a subscription on Peacock, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Sick

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Smart, self-aware, and all too timely, this slasher co-written by Kevin Williamson is Sick in all the best ways.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Consensus

Sick will be a bloody good time for most horror fans, even if its social commentary might rub some viewers the wrong way.

Read Audience Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (208) audience reviews
      georgiebrown2017 A I'm a huge fan of the Scream franchise and I used to love Williamson's work, but this movie is just bad. It kinda works as a typical slasher, but that's not good enough. The twist at the end is so dumb and it doesn't make any sense at all. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 04/16/24 Full Review michael d There are some movies you know 5 minutes going into it that it's going to be worth the while. This was such a movie. The beginning was suspenseful out of the gate and had me looking away. Great action, scary, decent acting and the kind of slasher that I would gladly see a sequel of. It had me jump several times and was just generally creepy. It actually had a similar feel to Scream which I love. It had also a sense of realism that this could actually happen that I appreciated. The characters actually did semi-intelligent things as opposed to just plain stupid decisions. It didn't insult the viewers intelligence. Finally I really liked the homage to the whole period of lock down COVID. There were a few parts that actually had me laughing because of how ridiculous and paranoid the first days of lockdown were for people. They need to make more slashers like this that are truly scary from beginning to end. Keep them coming! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/02/24 Full Review Mark B One the surface another slasher movie, but with some humorous nods to the pandemic. The movie has scenes that seem like farce except we all lived through the pandemic, and well it was all there. Pretty predictable twists . Overall 90 mins of mostly fun stuff. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/30/24 Full Review Jeff M I've been avoiding writing this review for several days because I've been trying to reconcile my feelings about it and trying to figure out how to describe my unreconciled feelings without giving too much away. It's pretty much impossible. So I'll keep this one short and sweet. Kevin Williamson, the co-writer here, is part of the team behind the SCREAM movies, and you can definitely see the connection. On that level, it is efficiently made and sufficiently tense and terrifying when it needs to be. It's a rather small thing, but I especially appreciate these movies where the bad guy actually pursues his victims quickly rather than at a Frankenstein-level pace. I always figured if I were trying to murder someone, I'd do it fast! Anyway, I'm procrastinating... Where I had issues with the movie was the revelation of the killer and the reasoning behind the murders and attempted murders. Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive, but I found it in questionable taste. I spoke with a couple others who have seen it, and they didn't have the same issue I did. So maybe it was just me. And in my desire not to give too much away, I shall say no more. If you're a fan of SCREAM, I think you'll like this one, too. And in time, with another viewing or two, I might feel a bit more positive. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 01/18/24 Full Review Serralis what an abominable waste of time. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 01/12/24 Full Review Jason F Worth a watch, decent slasher with enough scenes. Some funny covid jokes that reminds you just how stupid that time period was. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/07/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (62) Critics Reviews
      Noel Murray Los Angeles Times The real-world wrinkles aren’t just a cynical way to make the routine more relevant. They give all the bloody murder a meaning. Jan 20, 2023 Full Review Randy Myers San Jose Mercury News Sick is a slick shot of horror, fast-paced, and written with just enough biting commentary to make it a cut above. Rated: 3/4 Jan 18, 2023 Full Review David Fear Rolling Stone If you’re willing to sit through an otherwise stock take on the ol’ teens-and-terror-at-a-lake-house chestnut in the name of Covidsploitation curiosity, have at it. Jan 13, 2023 Full Review Josh Winning Radio Times Rather than rewriting the rules of the slasher movie, Sick satisfyingly ticks all the genre boxes, right down to the surprise unmasking and entertainingly violent climax. Rated: 3/5 Oct 26, 2023 Full Review Akos Peterbencze The Screen While Sick won’t redefine the genre as Wes Craven’s 1996 classic [Scream] has, Williamson creates a new playground to apply his essential slasher rules. Jul 19, 2023 Full Review Anna McKibbin Paste Magazine Great slashers manage to construct a fragile sequence of interactions and objects that tumble down and exact a gory toll—Sick understands this better than most. Rated: 7.6/10 Jun 2, 2023 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis As the pandemic steadily brings the world to a halt, Parker and her best friend Miri decide to quarantine at the family lake house alone--or so they think.
      Director
      John Hyams
      Executive Producer
      Andrew Golov, Michael J. Zampino, Thom Zadra, Munika Lay
      Screenwriter
      Kevin Williamson, Katelyn Crabb
      Production Co
      Miramax, Universal Studios, Outerbanks Entertainment
      Rating
      R (Strong Violence|Some Drug Use|Language Throughout|Terror)
      Genre
      Horror, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Jan 13, 2023
      Most Popular at Home Now