As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!                               

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.01

Madame Web 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
12 hrs ago
The Guyver 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Ocean's Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$55.99

Moon Knight: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.96

The Warriors 4K (Blu-ray)
$38.33
16 hrs ago
The Cat and the Canary (Blu-ray)
$19.28

Andor: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Obi-Wan Kenobi: The Complete Series 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.96

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: The Complete First Season 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Love & Basketball Blu-ray

United States
Criterion | 2000 | 125 min | Rated PG-13 | Sep 21, 2021

Love & Basketball (Blu-ray)
Large:

Romance
Sport
Teen
Drama

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)

Subtitles
English SDH

Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD-50)

Packaging
Inner print
Leaflet/foldout

Playback
2K Blu-ray: Region A (locked)

Price
List price: $39.95
Amazon: $21.72 (Save 46%)
New from: $19.50 (Save 51%)
In Stock

Buy Love & Basketball on Blu-ray

Movie rating
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 ratings.

Blu-ray rating
Video 5.0 of 55.0
Audio 5.0 of 55.0
Extras 4.0 of 54.0
Be the first to review it!

53%
popularity

Love & Basketball

(2000)

Love & Basketball Blu-ray delivers truly amazing video and audio in this enjoyable Blu-ray release

Monica and Quincy spent their lives bonding over their mutual love of basketball, but something always got in the way of them being together. This time, Monica's not letting go so easily. It's just the two of them, one on one, and the stakes have never been higher.

For more about Love & Basketball and the Love & Basketball Blu-ray release, see Love & Basketball Blu-ray Review published by Dr. Svet Atanasov on November 14, 2021 where this Blu-ray release scored 3.5 out of 5.

Director: Gina Prince-Bythewood
Writer: Gina Prince-Bythewood
Starring: Omar Epps, Sanaa Lathan, Alfre Woodard, Dennis Haysbert, Debbi Morgan, Harry Lennix
Producer: Spike Lee

» See full cast & crew

Love & Basketball Blu-ray, Video Quality

5.0 of 5

Presented in an aspect ratio of 1.85:1, encoded with MPEG-4 AVC and granted a 1080p transfer, Love & Basketball arrives on Blu-ray courtesy of Criterion.

The release is sourced from a very beautiful 4K master. On my system delineation, clarity and especially depth were so impressive that I genuinely wonder whether the film could look substantially better in native 4K. I would be shocked if it does because the visuals are so nicely balanced and so healthy that I simply do not see where meaningful improvements can be made. Better color balance? Possibly, but the existing ranges of lush primaries and supporting nuances are already outstanding. Even darker areas, where typically certain nuances can appear slightly suppressed, already look fantastic. Fluidity is excellent, too. The entire film is spotless. Lastly, I did not encounter any encoding anomalies to report in our review. (Note: This is a Region-A "locked" Blu-ray release. Therefore, you must have a native Region-A or Region-Free player in order to access its content).

Love & Basketball Blu-ray, Audio Quality

5.0 of 5

There is only one standard audio track on this Blu-ray release: English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit). Optional English SDH subtitles are provided for the main feature.

The lossless audio track is terrific. I had the volume of my system turned up quite a bit and the clarity, sharpness, and dynamic contrasts were exceptional. Of course, this should not be too surprising given the fact that Love & Basketball is a very recent film, but I think that someone actually did some pretty special work when the original soundtrack was finalized. There are no audio dropouts, distortions, or other similar anomalies to report in our review.

Love & Basketball: Other Editions

Blu-ray
1-disc

Blu-ray
1-disc

Similar titles you might also like

What is this?

Save the Last Dance
Show more titles »

Similar titles suggested by members

Blue Crush (2002)
+1
Deliver Us from Eva (2003)
+1
Honey (2003)
+1
Just Wright (2010)
+1
Step Up (2006)
+1
Beyond the Lights (2014)
+1
Jem and the Holograms (2015)
+1
Disappearing Acts (2000)
+1

Love & Basketball Blu-ray, News and Updates

Criterion Announces September Titles - June 15, 2021

The Criterion Collection has announced its September batch of Blu-ray releases. They are: The Damned (1969), Mona Lisa (1986), Throw Down (2004), Love & Basketball (2000), and Melvin Van Peebles: Four Films (1967-2003).

Love and Basketball Blu-ray - October 14, 2014

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is bringing director Gina Prince-Bythewood's Love & Basketball (2000) to Blu-ray. The romantic drama stars Sanaa Lathan, Omar Epps, Dennis Haysbert, Alfre Woodard, Debbi Morgan and Harry Lennix, and makes its Blu-ray debut on February ...

North America Blu-ray Discussions

Topic
Replies
Last post
Love & Basketball (2000) (

Official Thread

)
79Nov 16, 2021
Love & Basketball (2000) (

Official Thread

)
20Jul 15, 2023

Love & Basketball Blu-ray

$39.95 $21.72

Buy Love & Basketball on Blu-ray

Top Blu-ray Deals

The best Blu-ray deals online. Don't miss out on these great deals.

See Today's Deals »

Movie finder

Trending Blu-ray Movies

Trending in Theaters

Top 10 Sellers

Top 10 Pre-orders

Top 10 Bargains

This web site is not affiliated with the Blu-ray Disc Association.
All trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.
© 2002-2024 Blu-ray.com. All rights reserved.
Registration problems | Business/Advertising Inquiries | Privacy Policy | Legal Notices