Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Z

2019 1h 23m Horror Mystery & Thriller List
      97% 32 Reviews Tomatometer 49% 100+ Ratings Audience Score When Beth and Kevin's eight-year-old son Joshua develops an imaginary Friend named Z, they think it's cute... But they soon realize just how wrong they are. Z becomes a terrible influence on Josh and their innocent son turns into someone they barely recognize. It's only when Beth starts uncovering her own past, that she learns that Josh's new friend Z, may not be so imaginary, after all. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Z

Prime Video

Rent Z on Prime Video, or buy it on Prime Video.

Audience Reviews

View All (50) audience reviews
      Emilliano Jr S It was so good, well made horror. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 09/14/23 Full Review D C It starts off good, but it drags on….. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 06/19/23 Full Review o a PP PIOR FILME DE TERROR JA FEITO Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/22/23 Full Review Hugo The imaginary friend "Z" delivers some creepy and frightening scenes. And it is convincing enough to makes us believe it is really there. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 12/19/22 Full Review Audience Member It's no Babadook or even 'Toby' from Paranormal Activity but it plays alot like The Babadook, perhaps a little bit too much. For me, I couldn't stop seeing the similarities so focus just wasn't possible. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review Audience Member Z is comfort food horror. It's a not overly scary haunted house / imaginary friend tale that has one mid-story twist and is otherwise as paint by numbers as you can imagine. It's pretty engaging though despite how unoriginal it is. I won't remember much about Z even in as short as a couple months from now, but it's an enjoyable 80 minutes. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 01/12/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

91% 85% Slapface 72% 36% Amulet TRAILER for Amulet 57% 24% Shortcut TRAILER for Shortcut 60% 11% Honeymoon 87% % The Bloodhound TRAILER for The Bloodhound Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (32) Critics Reviews
      Katie Rife AV Club [I]f you're looking to turn out all the lights, pull a blanket up under your chin, and jump several inches off your couch, there's a new bad-seed thriller to adopt today. Rated: B- May 14, 2020 Full Review Meagan Navarro Bloody Disgusting Based on the formulaic nature of the characters, the story goes precisely where you think it will. Yet if you're looking for something the brings the chills, this is it. Rated: 2.5/5 May 14, 2020 Full Review Brian Tallerico RogerEbert.com It's one of those films that may be overly reliant on jump scares when you tally them all up, but I'd by lying if I didn't admit that a few of them legitimately made me jump. Rated: 2.5/4 May 6, 2020 Full Review Ben Flanagan Vague Visages It makes for good quarantine viewing, but one wishes for a version of the film that does more to eke out the subtext from this well trodden ground. Feb 7, 2024 Full Review Alejandro Alemán El Universal The film manages a certain restraint and prefers to... suggest rather than show, generating tension that grows throughout the film. [Full review in Spanish] Mar 31, 2021 Full Review Lindsay Traves Daily Dead What this film does accomplish is a new take on old scares. Rated: 3.5/5 Feb 23, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis When Beth and Kevin's eight-year-old son Joshua develops an imaginary Friend named Z, they think it's cute... But they soon realize just how wrong they are. Z becomes a terrible influence on Josh and their innocent son turns into someone they barely recognize. It's only when Beth starts uncovering her own past, that she learns that Josh's new friend Z, may not be so imaginary, after all.
      Director
      Brandon Christensen
      Screenwriter
      Brandon Christensen, Colin Minihan
      Genre
      Horror, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      May 8, 2020
      Runtime
      1h 23m