Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Wayne's World

PG-13 Released Feb 14, 1992 1 hr. 35 min. Comedy TRAILER for Wayne's World: Trailer 1 List
      79% 97 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 250,000+ Ratings Audience Score A big screen spin-off of the "Saturday Night Live" skit. Rob Lowe plays a producer that wants to take the public access "Wayne's World" to the world of commercial television. Wayne (Mike Myers) and Garth (Dana Carvey) battle to save their show and Wayne's girlfriend from Lowe. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered May 15 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Wayne's World

Fandango at Home Prime Video Paramount+ Apple TV

Watch Wayne's World with a subscription on Prime Video, Paramount+, rent on Fandango at Home, Apple TV, or buy on Fandango at Home, Apple TV.

Wayne's World

What to Know

Critics Consensus

An oddball comedy that revels in its silliness and memorable catch phrases, Wayne's World is also fondly regarded because of its endearing characters.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Stephen D A true classic of the genre. I'm not going to write fifteen paragraphs attempting (and failing) to explain humor using self-referential mathematical theorem. I'll leave that to the ample number of coked out aspie nerds making up most of the comments section. Simply put, it's one long golden-age SNL skit that actually has funny gags. That's all you need to say. Now go to bed. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/13/24 Full Review Leandro T A hilarious 90s comedy!!! Totally worth your time!!!! Im so glad that for once critics like a "Dumb" comedy. It's totally hilarious and is overall a feel good comedy. It's Waynes world! Party time, Excellent! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/11/24 Full Review Blu B It takes a little bit to awrm up to the meta style random 90's humor, and the jokes a first get more of a chuckle than lol. However as it goes on it starts to really find it's stride and somehow be pretty clever and get even funnier with some clever commentary on fame and selling out. The music is awesome and kicks butt. Everything else is really good. The humor is really good and 90% of the time always gets a chuckle or a good laugh and is very original at the same time. Some references are a little dated at times and sometimes it gets a little too random at points but it's nothing close to say like the Scary Movie level ones. Garth & Wayne have great chemistry and Rob Low is really good. The dialouge is a weird combo of stupid but clever and witty at the same time. And there is some pretty clever editing. It does get pretty stupid at points but tha also is the point. It's a lot of fun and a comedy classic. Anyone who is a fan of the SNL show, comedies, or any actors in this will like this a lot. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 02/27/24 Full Review Sara Ok, aside from Garths stupid little smirk smile that makes him look as if he's ready to pinch one out -- this movie is what I call forced funny. They put on this act that is so enveloped in their sense entertainment that it leaves a stale taste in my mouth. While the head banging scene to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was mildly entertaining, it just went right back to stale comedy. Why people put this movie on a pedestal and deem it a classic is clueless to me. I'm bored out of my mind when people put this movie on. And the music (aside from Queen) fucking sucks. Suck my dick Wayne and Garth. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 02/04/24 Full Review Jeremiah N THE quint essential 80's Pop culture flick! "WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!" Epic to the max! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/13/23 Full Review Andy H Saw this one in theaters as a kid. It was hilarious then, it's still hilarious now. The entire film has a sweet, joyful energy about it that the sequel just couldn't recapture. Not once during revisiting this one did I check my watch. It's just a good time and hold up well. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/28/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Wayne's World

Wayne's World: Official Clip - Wayne Speaks Cantonese Wayne's World: Official Clip - Wayne Speaks Cantonese 2:12 Wayne's World: Official Clip - I Will Not Bow to Any Sponsor Wayne's World: Official Clip - I Will Not Bow to Any Sponsor 1:10 Wayne's World: Official Clip - You Kiss Your Mother With That Mouth? Wayne's World: Official Clip - You Kiss Your Mother With That Mouth? 1:35 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Wayne Has a Dream Wayne's World: Official Clip - Wayne Has a Dream 0:46 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Sphincter Boy Wayne's World: Official Clip - Sphincter Boy 1:00 Wayne's World: Official Clip - The Phases of Fame Wayne's World: Official Clip - The Phases of Fame 1:12 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Baberaham Lincoln Wayne's World: Official Clip - Baberaham Lincoln 1:15 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Garth Likes to Play Wayne's World: Official Clip - Garth Likes to Play 2:13 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Alice's History Lesson Wayne's World: Official Clip - Alice's History Lesson 1:46 Wayne's World: Official Clip - Exciting Delaware Wayne's World: Official Clip - Exciting Delaware 1:44 View more videos
      60% 63% Wayne's World 2 58% 53% Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult TRAILER for Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult 74% 63% Soapdish 14% 43% Ladybugs 58% 65% The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear TRAILER for The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (97) Critics Reviews
      Todd Camp Fort Worth Star-Telegram/DFW.com The film still has its priceless moments, however, the best of which comes from Wayne and his pals driving around town while singing along to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Mar 11, 2021 Full Review Joe Pollack St. Louis Post-Dispatch Lots of tasteless jokes, and no need to pay attention -- if you miss a punch line, don't worry. It will be back again in 10 minutes or so. Mar 11, 2021 Full Review Bob Fenster Arizona Republic Wayne's World is a sociological dissertation on the post-adolescent, pre-existential, psychodynamic polemics of popular culture. Not. Wayne's World is a ton of fun for people who are younger than 30 or who think they are. Rated: 4/5 Mar 11, 2021 Full Review Shawn Edwards Fox 4 Kansas City I have to admit this movie sort of grew on me. Rated: 3/5 Oct 27, 2023 Full Review Emilie Black Cinema Crazed Wayne’s World is amazing, watch it if you haven’t seen it yet Rated: 4.5/5 Jul 10, 2022 Full Review James Kendrick Q Network Film Desk successfully expands the world created by the SNL skits, following the logic of the characters, but taking them out of the basement and giving them more depth and nuance without losing the traits that fans already loved Rated: 3/4 Mar 14, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A big screen spin-off of the "Saturday Night Live" skit. Rob Lowe plays a producer that wants to take the public access "Wayne's World" to the world of commercial television. Wayne (Mike Myers) and Garth (Dana Carvey) battle to save their show and Wayne's girlfriend from Lowe.
      Director
      Penelope Spheeris
      Executive Producer
      Hawk Koch
      Screenwriter
      Mike Myers, Bonnie Turner, Terry Turner
      Distributor
      Paramount Pictures
      Production Co
      Paramount Pictures
      Rating
      PG-13