Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Violet Evergarden

Released Feb 17, 2020 1h 33m Drama Anime List
      80% 5 Reviews Tomatometer 100% 50+ Verified Ratings Audience Score Violet Evergarden tutors a young lady at a private women's academy, but still grieves for the only person who ever brought her happiness. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jul 27 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Violet Evergarden

Fandango at Home Prime Video Netflix

Watch Violet Evergarden with a subscription on Netflix, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Critics Reviews

View All (5) Critics Reviews
      Melissa Camacho Common Sense Media But with the help of flashbacks, it offers enough to help viewers appreciate what she's been through, and to acknowledge the significance of her journey going forward. Rated: 3/5 Jan 4, 2023 Full Review Mariló Delgado Espinof ... Will tug at your heartstrings and the detailed animation will take your breath away. [Full review in Spanish] Rated: 5/5 Aug 29, 2022 Full Review Jennie Kermode Eye for Film This is a brave effort at taking a popular formula and using it to address far deeper themes. Rated: 4/5 Jun 28, 2021 Full Review Matt Schley Japan Times A film that delicately deals with the emotional connections between people - both living and dead - and how survivors heal and grow after trauma, seems perfectly suited for this moment. Rated: 4/5 Oct 1, 2020 Full Review Charles Solomon FilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles) I'm sorry that I didn't like it better... I couldn't get very much out of it. Feb 20, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (38) audience reviews
      Javie Mora To begin it’s KyoAni. Animation was spectacular, at some points of the film some of visuals looked like if they real life photographs. Very well paced and written perfectly. Great movie for everyone and anyone. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 02/21/20 Full Review Carlos Great movie all around, definitely recommend for any fan of Violet Evergarden. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/20/20 Full Review Jesus Amazing story and emotional ride Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/19/20 Full Review Xatro Great side story for fans if the series. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/19/20 Full Review Michael D E absolutely beautiful and touches all the right notes, it was a wonderful continuation of the story and i hope there will be more! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/18/20 Full Review John Some of the best stories I've ever experienced. A very moving story and hits all the right notes. 5/5 Amazing Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/14/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

92% 97% Pompo the Cinephile 100% 97% Sing a Bit of Harmony 81% 76% A Letter to Momo 94% 93% A Silent Voice TRAILER for A Silent Voice 92% 77% Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko TRAILER for Fortune Favors Lady Nikuko Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Movie Info

Synopsis Violet Evergarden tutors a young lady at a private women's academy, but still grieves for the only person who ever brought her happiness.
      Director
      Haruka Fujita
      Producer
      Yôta Tsuruoka
      Screenwriter
      Reiko Yoshida
      Distributor
      Funimation
      Production Co
      Black Knight Films, Pooja Entertainment & Films, Northern Lights Films
      Genre
      Drama, Anime