Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Overcomer

PG Released Aug 23, 2019 1 hr. 55 min. Drama TRAILER for Overcomer: Trailer 2 List
      56% 18 Reviews Tomatometer 98% 5,000+ Verified Ratings Audience Score High school basketball coach John Harrison and his team face an uncertain future when their town's largest manufacturing plant shuts down unexpectedly. As hundreds of people move away, John reluctantly agrees to coach cross-country, a sport he doesn't even like. His outlook soon changes when he meets Hannah Scott, an unlikely runner who pushes herself to the limit. Inspired by the words and prayers of a new friend, John starts to train Hannah for the biggest race of her young life. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Nov 25 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Overcomer

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Overcomer on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Tim R Beautiful movie with heart. Great message about loving God and loving yourself to believe you are enough and you are loved, cared for and wanted. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/02/20 Full Review Della One of the best-made and inspired movies I've seen! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/23/20 Full Review Ronnie S Modern movie as powerful as Lee Harper's, To Kill a Mocking Bird. Explodes the full magnitude of what we thought we know about Family identity, Spiritual growth and Individual self awareness. Socio cultural idealistic themes allow for self reflection and remind us it's no time like the present to make a change. Tomorrow is no promise is it even real? Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/27/19 Full Review Lora It was really hopeful loving caring movie on redemption. & winning! My husband and I loved it! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/30/19 Full Review Christine C It was a phenomenal movie motivating and inspiring about how God works in our lives I loved this movie. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/26/19 Full Review Robert J Williams It was just a very good movie. The theme was very nice and it was very heart warming. It was also a tear jerker. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/25/19 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Overcomer

Overcomer: Official Clip - A Really Good Coach Overcomer: Official Clip - A Really Good Coach 1:20 Overcomer: Official Clip - Sins of the Father Overcomer: Official Clip - Sins of the Father 3:09 Overcomer: Official Clip - Father Coaches Daughter Overcomer: Official Clip - Father Coaches Daughter 3:12 Overcomer: Official Clip - Winning the State Championship Overcomer: Official Clip - Winning the State Championship 2:49 Overcomer: Official Clip - God Is a Perfect Father Overcomer: Official Clip - God Is a Perfect Father 3:28 Overcomer: Official Clip - Hannah's First Race Overcomer: Official Clip - Hannah's First Race 2:07 Overcomer: Official Clip - Ask Me Who I Am Overcomer: Official Clip - Ask Me Who I Am 2:40 Overcomer: Official Clip - What Have You Allowed to Define You? Overcomer: Official Clip - What Have You Allowed to Define You? 3:17 Overcomer: Official Clip - A Father's Pride Overcomer: Official Clip - A Father's Pride 2:15 Overcomer: Official Clip - Race for the Finish Overcomer: Official Clip - Race for the Finish 2:32 View more videos
      17% 77% God Bless the Broken Road TRAILER for God Bless the Broken Road 40% 83% Run the Race TRAILER for Run the Race 62% 81% Breakthrough TRAILER for Breakthrough 95% 92% Little Women TRAILER for Little Women 67% 86% Tyson's Run TRAILER for Tyson's Run Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (18) Critics Reviews
      Kimber Myers Los Angeles Times Kendrick's film eventually finds its legs in the final stretch, with an emotionally effective conclusion that might persuade even the cynics to its cause. Aug 23, 2019 Full Review Carlos Aguilar TheWrap Scene after rambling scene, everyone in front of the camera spells out the script's messaging with verbose, bold-faced statements that do nothing to improve the overall quality of the cast's efforts. Overacting runs rampant. Aug 23, 2019 Full Review Mark Dujsik RogerEbert.com The whole is cheap, cheesy, and, to put it charitably, churchy. Rated: 1/4 Aug 23, 2019 Full Review Hosea Rupprecht Pauline Center for Media Studies There is someone for everyone to identify with in this film. Married couples, parents, kids, teens, grandparents are all represented... Aug 12, 2021 Full Review Richard Propes TheIndependentCritic.com Kendrick is a winning actor as always here, while Aryn Wright-Thompson offers an appealing film debut. Rated: 3.5/4.0 Sep 19, 2020 Full Review Rachel Wagner rachelsreviews.net There's one moment where Priscilla Shirer literally compliments her own prayer and I laughed out loud Rated: 2/10 Sep 24, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis High school basketball coach John Harrison and his team face an uncertain future when their town's largest manufacturing plant shuts down unexpectedly. As hundreds of people move away, John reluctantly agrees to coach cross-country, a sport he doesn't even like. His outlook soon changes when he meets Hannah Scott, an unlikely runner who pushes herself to the limit. Inspired by the words and prayers of a new friend, John starts to train Hannah for the biggest race of her young life.
      Director
      Alex Kendrick
      Executive Producer
      Shannon Kendrick
      Screenwriter
      Alex Kendrick, Stephen Kendrick
      Distributor
      Sony Pictures Entertainment, Affirm Films
      Production Co
      Affirm Films
      Rating
      PG (Some Thematic Elements)