Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Backdraft 2

R 2019 1 hr. 42 min. Action Crime Drama List
      40% 5 Reviews Tomatometer 16% 100+ Ratings Audience Score A fire investigator with the Chicago Fire Department tracks an arms dealer who uses deadly fires as a distraction. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jan 23 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Backdraft 2

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Backdraft 2 on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (42) audience reviews
      Matthew A If you are expecting anything of the caliber of the original... Not much as far as action, romance, drama, or anything else.. Blah, Blah, Blah. There really isn't much to say about this one. The actors did a fine job with what they had to work with, but that wasn't much!!! ... and shouldn't have been allowed to use the name! I normally say watch it and judge for yourself, but this one... This was NOT worth the time invested!! Not even as background noise! -Matthew Rated 2 out of 5 stars 02/07/24 Full Review Robert H This movie was absolutely awful. It did such an injustice to the first. The CGI was the worst, low budgeted, and incredibly c class acting. I am shocked that William Baldwin would even agree to such a horrible flick after having been part of the first, which I regard as a classic. There's literally nothing good to be said about this movie at all. It's one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I was better off before having watched it. It nearly ruined one of my favorites for me, the original, so I opt to erase this from my memory. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 06/28/23 Full Review John B Despite the poor rating, I enjoyed this one as I thought it had a good storyline using the son of the former backdraft star to hunt down those setting fires for insurance purposes. I give it a two thumbs up & hope they do another one. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/19/23 Full Review Sergio C What were they thinking, just poor acting by everyone the editing was amateur the CGI was abhorrent borderline high-school standard,the writing was definitely done by unpaid interns and more Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 08/05/22 Full Review bruce r This didn't feel like a movie. It felt more like a weekly episode of 'Backdraft: The Series'. All in all, not a terrible film. Just really an unnecessary sequel that probably didn't need to be made. It was pretty much CSI meets fire department. It passed the time on a lazy Saturday afternoon. I fell asleep during it. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member I love the original Backdraft it's one of my favorite movies. But backdraft 2 is a horrible movie I couldn't even finish watching it it's basically just a circle jerk for firefighters. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/13/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

92% 59% No Sudden Move TRAILER for No Sudden Move 14% 28% Electric Slide 50% 57% Outrage: Beyond 17% 65% Blood Brother TRAILER for Blood Brother 15% 30% Revenge of the Green Dragons Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (5) Critics Reviews
      Alex McLevy AV Club This is the kind of brainless but trashily enjoyable film that would suit the bill when you're looking for something to watch hangover on a lazy Sunday afternoon. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Daniel Barnes Dare Daniel Unfortunately, there is no reason to care about anyone onscreen other than nostalgia for a 30-year-old movie that no one likes or remembers. Rated: 1/5 Jul 7, 2020 Full Review Rob Hunter Slashfilm So yeah, maybe there's just enough here to make a watch worthwhile for fans of the original - but I would wait until it hits a streaming service you're already paying for... Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Fred Topel We Live Entertainment Backdraft 2 is a lot of investigating and interviewing but so was the original. Jul 9, 2019 Full Review Barbara Shulgasser Common Sense Media Unnecessary, nonsensical sequel has violence, language. Rated: 1/5 Jun 11, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A fire investigator with the Chicago Fire Department tracks an arms dealer who uses deadly fires as a distraction.
      Director
      Gonzalo López-Gallego
      Executive Producer
      Giles Daoust, Catherine Dumonceaux
      Production Co
      Imagine Entertainment, Universal 1440 Entertainment, Title Media
      Rating
      R (Some Violence|Language|Disturbing Images)
      Genre
      Action, Crime, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      May 14, 2019
      Aspect Ratio
      Scope (2.35:1)
      Most Popular at Home Now