Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Border

R Released Oct 26, 2018 1h 48m Fantasy Horror Mystery & Thriller Romance TRAILER for Border: Trailer 1 List
      97% 128 Reviews Tomatometer 76% 1,000+ Ratings Audience Score Customs officer Tina is known for her extraordinary sense of smell. It's almost as if she can sniff out the guilt on anyone hiding something. But when Vore, a suspicious-looking man, walks past her, her abilities are challenged for the first time ever. Tina can sense Vore is hiding something she can't identify. Even worse, she feels a strange attraction to him. As Tina develops a special bond with Vore and discovers his true identity, she also realizes the truth about herself. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jan 09 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Border

Fandango at Home

Rent Border on Fandango at Home, or buy it on Fandango at Home.

Border

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Thrilling, unpredictable, and brilliantly acted, Border (Gräns) offers a singular treat to genre fans looking for something different.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (128) Critics Reviews
      Ben Sachs Chicago Reader I found this compelling as I watched it, though I don't feel I gained much from the experience. Feb 29, 2020 Full Review Wendy Ide Observer (UK) Like a mating between the mind of David Cronenberg and something that crawled out of a compost heap. Rated: 4/5 Mar 10, 2019 Full Review Donald Clarke Irish Times The film huddles closely around a personality whose courage and determination invite great empathy. Rated: 5/5 Mar 8, 2019 Full Review Nathan Mattise Ars Technica The mysteries of Border reveal themselves slowly from here, but each one ratchets up the film's stakes in a delightful manner. Jul 28, 2021 Full Review Jason Adams My New Plaid Pants You ain't never seen nothing like it, folks. Hell you ain't never thought anything like it. Jul 2, 2021 Full Review Guillem Martinez Oya Cinematismo A great film with a great script that question if it is necessary the social reproduction of our societies. [Full review in Spanish] Rated: 4/5 Nov 9, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (150) audience reviews
      David W This was quite a challenging watch in many ways and I don't just mean it's slow Scandinavian slow burner pacing. It is brilliantly acted and that most rare of beasts, unique. It's a film I'm glad I watched as it did hold my attention throughout but wether I can say I actively enjoyed it is a different matter. I can certainly see why the professional critics liked this so much and conversely why your average movie watcher may well not. Definitely a polarising experience of a movie but one I'd recommend purely to see which camp you fall into. Be warned though, if you approach this expecting a straightforward horror movie per se then you'll most likely be dissapointed. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/23/24 Full Review Tim G Well that certainly was different! Rated 3 out of 5 stars 03/08/24 Full Review M7AMD A how the hell this thing got 7.0 rating, my biggest time-wasting movie i've had this year so far its so stupid and too damn dull, i just do get the story other than it being absolutely weird and slow, also the acting in the movie and how slow they speak to each other makes its even more painful to watch. stay away from the plague as far as you can I had to skip forward just to see its end and be done with it. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 03/05/24 Full Review Jeff M You'll often hear someone hyperbolically describing a movie by saying you've never seen anything like it. Well, when it comes to this Swedish film, currently available on Hulu, believe me, you've never seen anything like it. I don't even know where to begin with a review. I can't give it a full recommendation, but at the same time I am dying to hear what you all think about this. If you decide to take the dive, a few warnings. It is EXTREMELY slow - and this is coming from someone who loves slow, leisurely paced movies. If you only like movies that make sense at the end, give this a pass. And if the consumption of maggots and worms makes you ill, concentrate your attention elsewhere. But if you are in the mood for something different and unique and challenging, this is a movie about which you can be proud to say you took the plunge. My guess is that most people won't get past the first 30 minutes. Just between you and me, it took me two tries. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 02/06/24 Full Review Alec B It's really unlike anything you've ever seen before, although the really impressive thing is how Abbasi takes a plot that's pretty ludicrous and takes it seriously, finding an effective emotional core to the story. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/08/24 Full Review pietro s peculiar, not scary at all Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 01/07/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

73% 56% Crimson Peak TRAILER for Crimson Peak 70% 40% Wildling TRAILER for Wildling 92% 73% Beast TRAILER for Beast 79% 40% The Monster TRAILER for The Monster 20% 31% Legion TRAILER for Legion Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Movie Info

Synopsis Customs officer Tina is known for her extraordinary sense of smell. It's almost as if she can sniff out the guilt on anyone hiding something. But when Vore, a suspicious-looking man, walks past her, her abilities are challenged for the first time ever. Tina can sense Vore is hiding something she can't identify. Even worse, she feels a strange attraction to him. As Tina develops a special bond with Vore and discovers his true identity, she also realizes the truth about herself.
      Director
      Ali Abbasi
      Producer
      Meta Louise Foldager, Louis Tisné
      Screenwriter
      Ali Abbasi, Isabella Eklöf, John Ajvide Lindqvist
      Distributor
      Neon
      Production Co
      Meta Film Stockholm, Kärnfilm, Black Spark Film & TV
      Rating
      R (Graphic Nudity|A Bloody Violent Image|Language|Some Sexual Content)
      Genre
      Fantasy, Horror, Mystery & Thriller, Romance
      Original Language
      Swedish
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Oct 26, 2018, Limited
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Feb 22, 2019
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $771.9K
      Runtime
      1h 48m