Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Best F(r)iends

R 2017 1h 39m Comedy Mystery & Thriller TRAILER for Best F(r)iends: Fathom Events Trailer List
      42% 12 Reviews Tomatometer 64% 100+ Ratings Audience Score A drifter encounters a quirky mortician and both learn a lesson about friendship and loyalty. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jun 09 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Best F(r)iends

Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent Best F(r)iends on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Audience Reviews

View All (30) audience reviews
      Yash B It's hard to know how I feel about "Best F(r)iends: Volume 1." I don't think it is necessarily a good movie but sometimes it is well made and it really is fun to see Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero on screen again. I think the highlights of the movie are just seeing the two of them interacting, knowing the backstory of the cult phenomenon that is "The Room." I think by the time it ends the story does become a bit interesting, even though a lot of it leading up to it can be a bit slow-paced and bleak. Overall, it is an interesting project that while not necessarily good, is worth checking out for fans of "The Room." Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 06/23/23 Full Review Jordan Y Loved this. If you're expecting The Room, don't. That is not what this film is despite sharing two of the actors. However the many parallels between Tommy and Greg's relationship that might go unnoticed to the average viewer, is what makes this film such a gem. Tommy is incredibly charming in this and this role truly allowed him to shine as an actor. Greg definitely delivered and can't wait to see more from him. Would definitely recommend. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/19/23 Full Review MundMoriginal Disclaimer: If you like The Room, you'll like this one. If you are confused about why "Oh, Hi Mark!" is funny, than this movie isn't for you, either. I watched this movie with the same friend I watched The Room with, and we both are Wiseau addicts ever since. The first positive thing we've noticed, is a very high production quality. It looks very good, all the way from start to finish. Lighting, settings, mood and atmosphere, composition... everything looks like it's done by a crew who knew what they are doing, and haven't been treated into not caring (yes, I make The Room references here, of course I do!). The soundtrack sounded familiar, it's by Daniel Platzman from Imagine Dragons, that's why it sounded serviceable to the film and better than what you would expect, but it never provided a bed scene level of head banger! I've seen what Tommy did besides The Room, you know, where he was hired to be laughed at, like those Tommy Plays games with that stupid Alien, and it was obvious he did not click with that setup, and the producers just wanted to make fun of him, so the entertainment value was really limited. The joke that Tommy acts badly, isn't something you can or even should drag out into a whole series, unless the whole thing is made in a certain way only Tommy can do (this is hard to explain for me). So, with this movie, they found a solution. The movie is build around Tommy's talents. It is very clear, he is in his element in this one, and the funniest thing is, some of the side characters have trouble letting lose in this weird filming style, they seem way more out of place than Tommy, it's incredible! It is fun to critique aspects of the plot and dialogue while you watch this movie with friends, and even the most dragged out cringe acting scenes, are more enjoyable than anything Disney's Marvel makes these days. The best thing though, is how Greg and Tommy are a 1 in a billion chance to become successful with what they do. To quote Patches the Spider "What is a friend, but a chance encounter?". These guys, meeting in this time, were not only an odd combination of friends, but the weirdest success story in cinema history one can imagine. What are you waiting for? Buy it, watch it! Given that Tommy might be either 60, or 80, we might not get many more great movies with or made by him, so support him, please! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/22/22 Full Review Audience Member A more objectively well-made movie than The Room, Best F(r)iends features a Tommy Wiseau performance that fits his eccentric nature better, is arguably shot better than the actual ironic masterpiece Mr. Wiseau directed and its plot and dialogue don't have that same "point and laugh" approach that film did. Of course, it's still bizarre, Greg Sestero seems miscast in his role as a homeless dude, a few callbacks to my favourite "so bad, it's good" movie don't really work since this is meant to be a completely different film. One could argue this two-parter is, in a strange way, inferior to The Room simply because it's better crafted and lacking in that film's quotability, but it is nice to see this strange ambiguously Polish man of a vague age and a guy who's probably his only friend, judging by The Disaster Artist autobiography working with each other again. Not exactly sure what this movie has to gain from being a two-parter. Could've sworn those died out after what happened with Divergent. But this isn't a big mainstream blockbuster movie, so what do I know? I'm just bummed out I didn't strike while the iron was hot and see this movie shortly after it came out. Better late than never, I suppose. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 01/23/23 Full Review Audience Member Tommy Wiseau is a strange unorthodox person.....which makes him the perfect person to play the character of Harvey. This movie is so strange that you don't really know who to root for but you also can't help but turn away from just how strange this movie is. If you're looking for a straight forward drama you're in for a bad time. If you want a very subjective film with unforgetable (even for the wrong reasons) moments, then best f(r)iends is the film for you! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/01/23 Full Review Audience Member Dont expect this movie to be humorous. It's an interesting thriller with pararels to Greg Sesteros early relations with Tommy Wiseu Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/17/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

88% 68% Thoroughbreds TRAILER for Thoroughbreds 23% 40% The Happytime Murders TRAILER for The Happytime Murders 59% 59% Under the Silver Lake TRAILER for Under the Silver Lake 88% 75% Come to Daddy TRAILER for Come to Daddy 79% 36% I Care a Lot TRAILER for I Care a Lot Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (12) Critics Reviews
      CJ Sheu Review Film Review On the whole, this second film acting gig for Tommy Wiseau is more structured and has the semblance of competence, which somehow makes it worse. Jul 1, 2020 Full Review Evan Dossey Midwest Film Journal For fans of The Room who wondered what else the duo might try - the answer is more of the same. Jan 19, 2019 Full Review Ian Thomas Malone ianthomasmalone.com Like its cult predecessor, Best F(r)iends skirts the standard good/bad binary through which we usually judge art. Oct 31, 2018 Full Review Cameron Frew Movie Corner Best F(r)iends isn't as bad as The Room, and that's exactly its problem. Rated: 2/5 Oct 31, 2018 Full Review Kat Hughes THN What could, and should, have been more The Room level madness is sadly just downright mad. Unless you're a real glutton for punishment, skip this and just re-watch The Room again. Rated: 1/5 Oct 4, 2018 Full Review Sarah Ward Concrete Playground It won't tear you apart with laughter or leave you wondering how it got made, but very few films can manage that. Jul 16, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A drifter encounters a quirky mortician and both learn a lesson about friendship and loyalty.
      Director
      Justin MacGregor
      Screenwriter
      Greg Sestero
      Rating
      R (Some Grisly Images|Language)
      Genre
      Comedy, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Sep 25, 2018