Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Time Share

2018 1h 36m Drama List
      83% 23 Reviews Tomatometer 50% 100+ Ratings Audience Score Two haunted family men join forces in a destructive crusade to rescue their families from a tropical paradise after becoming convinced that an American timeshare conglomerate has a sinister plan to take their loved ones away. Read More Read Less
      Time Share

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Sharp, funny, and delightfully dark, Time Share (Tiempo Compartido) offers genre fans a complex thriller that sinks its hooks in fast and doesn't let go until the closing credits.

Read Critics Reviews

Critics Reviews

View All (23) Critics Reviews
      Guy Lodge Variety If Hofmann doesn't deliver a payoff quite worthy of his premise, "Time Share" remains an arresting, electric tease; edgier arthouse distributors should book themselves in. Jan 23, 2018 Full Review Nick Allen RogerEbert.com The movie peddles in paranoia, but is too tedious to make a lasting effect. Jan 23, 2018 Full Review Frank Scheck Hollywood Reporter Time Share proves a cinematically arresting psychological thriller that succeeds in keeping viewers on edge even if it doesn't give them much to mull over afterwards. Jan 22, 2018 Full Review Susan Granger SSG Syndicate It's too bad Sebastian Hofmann's psychological thriller, set in a luxurious Mexican resort, is so slow-moving and subtle - that sluggishness and lack of urgency is what makes the conclusion so emotionally unsatisfying. Rated: 6/10 Sep 7, 2023 Full Review Avaryl Halley Movie Bitches Its premise was greater than the sum of its parts. May 14, 2020 Full Review Andrew Galdi Movie Bitches I just wished more happened. May 14, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (14) audience reviews
      Nick S It had a decent plot. Kept me entertained. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 09/21/23 Full Review j F The story and photography was great, especially those who of us who have been exposed to time share vacation sale campaign. But I wish there more comedy, more story. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 08/07/23 Full Review georgan g Well written & acted with lots of suspense (unless you've gone to a time share seminar) as to what's going on. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member Boring. A waste of time. Characters not interesting, story neither. The whole thing was very annoying. I felt relieved when the movie finally ended. The only thing I liked in the movie was the song during the credits at the end but I didn't like it enough to find the artist. Be advised. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review Audience Member slow and hardly compelling on an interesting idea that does not go too far... Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 01/22/23 Full Review Audience Member Well this was an eerie film but unfortunately it doesn't go far enough and it ends on a whimper vs a bang. That being said I'm still a fan of it because it really piqued my interest and held me captive in it's clutches right til the very end. It starts off a bit eerie before changing into bright colours, happiness and "paradise". But before you know the creepy score is playing during rather uneventful scenes and you know where this film is trying to go: to a dark psychological thrill ride. It's a slow burn so it takes a while to reveal all it's cards, but by the midpoint mark you know exactly what's up and you're intrigued to see how it plays out. As mentioned earlier, the ending could have been better, as they unsuccessfully went with a type of ending that tries to leave you thinking deeply about the movie. The other negative to me was that they left some of the main themes rather unexplored... it could have gone so much deeper... but I guess if they wanted to keep the unassuming slow burn aspect of it, that would contradict going deeper given time constraints. Still I'd recommend this viewers of psychological dramas (it's more drama than thriller) and don't go in looking for scares. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/15/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

87% 60% We Are Living Things TRAILER for We Are Living Things 87% 56% The Untamed TRAILER for The Untamed 17% 56% Agnathavasi: Prince in Exile 71% 62% All Creatures Here Below TRAILER for All Creatures Here Below 54% 22% American Woman Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Movie Info

Synopsis Two haunted family men join forces in a destructive crusade to rescue their families from a tropical paradise after becoming convinced that an American timeshare conglomerate has a sinister plan to take their loved ones away.
      Director
      Sebastian Hofmann
      Screenwriter
      Julio Chavezmontes, Sebastian Hofmann
      Production Co
      Circe Films
      Genre
      Drama
      Original Language
      Spanish
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Nov 30, 2018