Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

On My Skin

2018 1h 40m Drama Biography List
      67% 6 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 100+ Ratings Audience Score A man is arrested for a minor crime and mysteriously found dead in his detention cell. In one week's time, a family is changed forever. Read More Read Less Watch on Netflix Stream Now

Where to Watch

On My Skin

Netflix

Watch On My Skin with a subscription on Netflix.

Audience Reviews

View All (17) audience reviews
      John M A harrowing and devastating film exposing police brutality and a deplorably supervised penal institution in Italy. While the situation may be a one-off, that is highly unlikely; just look at what goes on in our own prisons. Alessandro Borghi is one of the great actors working today and proves it once again in this film. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/08/23 Full Review Justin V a direct and stark window on a world where bad energies are so rife that they pervade society. and then those breaking the law those enforcing the law are all criminals, all inhumane, all soulless and lost. does not aim to be a cinematographic masterpiece. if you look for that, you will be disappointed. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/27/23 Full Review Maggie M Talks about a boy who is caught by the police with drugs, they take him to jail but two policemen take advantage of him and beat him leaving bruises all over his body. The boy never told anyone about the fact that he was beaten several times by the policemen, during the process he couldn't speak but he doesn't say anything about his conditions, a few days later they find him dying on the couch hospital. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/30/22 Full Review Audience Member At last, a film that shows what really happens when arrested. Some of us have suffered similar treatment. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 02/11/23 Full Review Audience Member It's a must see movie about real life problems Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/26/23 Full Review Audience Member Esta bien actuada y el tema de mostrar la brutalidad y impunidad policial es muy bueno pero la película es muy lenta y poco emocionante. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

85% 92% The Sea Inside 62% 71% Trial by Fire TRAILER for Trial by Fire 63% 97% Brian Banks TRAILER for Brian Banks 76% 82% Skin TRAILER for Skin 83% 80% My Dinner With Hervé TRAILER for My Dinner With Hervé Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (6) Critics Reviews
      Deborah Young Hollywood Reporter A shocking and memorable statement on police brutality. Aug 29, 2018 Full Review Andrea Beach Common Sense Media Haunting drama about police brutality victim; mature themes. Rated: 4/5 Sep 18, 2018 Full Review Eddie Strait The Daily Dot On My Skin is set up to be a movie of the moment, for the moment. Instead, it is frustratingly thin. Rated: 2.5/5 Sep 17, 2018 Full Review Roger Moore Movie Nation Damning indictment of Italian legal indifference and medical indolence. Rated: 3/4 Sep 17, 2018 Full Review Joel Keller Decider While the performances are excellent, On My Skin is too slow to give the story of Stefano Cucchi justice. Sep 12, 2018 Full Review Lee Marshall Screen International [A] tough, dour but compelling drama. Aug 29, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A man is arrested for a minor crime and mysteriously found dead in his detention cell. In one week's time, a family is changed forever.
      Director
      Alessio Cremonini
      Screenwriter
      Alessio Cremonini, Lisa Nur Sultan
      Production Co
      Lucky Red, Cinemaundici
      Genre
      Drama, Biography
      Original Language
      Italian
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Sep 13, 2018