Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Bokeh

Released Mar 24, 2017 1h 32m Sci-Fi Mystery & Thriller Drama TRAILER for Bokeh: Trailer 1 List
      45% 22 Reviews Tomatometer 24% 500+ Ratings Audience Score After a flash of light shoots across the sky, a couple (Maika Monroe, Matt O'Leary) on vacation in Iceland wake up to discover that everyone in the world is missing. Now, they must fight for survival while trying to make sense out of what happened. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Bokeh

Peacock Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent Bokeh on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Audience Reviews

View All (108) audience reviews
      David W Errm, what can I say other than nice scenery, a heavy handed message done to death, some ok-ish acting and a plot which literally goes nowhere and provides no real explanations. Whilst I watched it to it's somewhat dismal ending I can't really say I was particularly entertained, more frustrated and mildly irritated. I've seen worse but this could have been so much better. And that ending... Still, some nice scenery shots though. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 02/26/24 Full Review Kim H This was the absolute worse movie, It was over an hour of my life I will never get back! Go mow your yard it will be more exciting! Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/10/24 Full Review Any Colour Y The name of the movie means: out of focus. Which explains the entire movie in one word. The story doesn't matter. The atmosphere matters and the message of the movie. If we think about this scenario in the movie, our first thoughts are: isn't it great to be able to go into any store on the planet or supermarket and take whatever we want without paying? Everything we see belongs to us! Cars, clothes, everything. And now what? As if this would make us happier in that situation. It certainly wouldn't. This film is not about the fictional story or the plot. Not at all. The reason for the unrealistic situation is not even explained. The film is all about its message and the atmosphere. The message is: We are a species that can not live alone. We need to live with others. The longer the movie goes on the clearer it gets. The atmosphere gets more and more depressive and sad. Suddenly we realize, that all of the material things we consider valuable aren't really as important as we thought. Sure, they make our life easier. But that is it. What really matters are the intangible things, the people around you and friendship for instance. And you can't get happier than finding someone you love and who loves you. If you have found true love, even the richest man in the world would not be happier than you if he had not found true love. What also really matters is the present moment, instead of thinking about the past and being frightened by the future. The present moment is the only time window when we can experience reality. Future and past are only thoughts, in your skull. Conclusion: We usually focus on the wrong things in our lives. And what really matters is mostly out of our focus. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 10/18/23 Full Review Jessica C So bad. I was expecting a great ending or an explanation to why what happened in the movie happened. no explanation. boring the whole way through. can't believe I spent £5 to watch it ffs Rated 1 out of 5 stars 05/07/23 Full Review Marc v this could have been a 100 times better.... Rated 3 out of 5 stars 04/20/23 Full Review Fox W The filming was good and beautiful panoramic landscapes, capturing the raw mood was magical. The acting by Maika Monroe, was terrible and smirking while doing a serious scene was unprofessional. There was a Buildup throughout the film was ok but WHAT A TERRIBLE TERRIBLE ENDING!! CLUELESS. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 02/09/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

94% 82% Arrival TRAILER for Arrival 16% 21% The Circle TRAILER for The Circle 0% 94% 96 Souls TRAILER for 96 Souls 82% 58% Fast Color 9% 32% Replicas Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (22) Critics Reviews
      Rex Reed Observer Beautiful and challenging, Bokeh has a pristine look and chilling feel of its own that contributes enormously to the mood and tone of the whole film. Rated: 3/4 Mar 29, 2017 Full Review Nick Allen RogerEbert.com Only worthwhile storytellers could take an elevator pitch like this one (the last two people on Earth) and produce long-lasting curiosity about its inherent beauty and horror. Rated: 3/4 Mar 24, 2017 Full Review Dennis Harvey Variety We're stuck for eternity with two perfectly decent people who, it seems, just aren't very interesting company. Not even for each other. Mar 24, 2017 Full Review Ernesto Zelaya Miñano ScreenAnarchy What an end-of-the-world movie made by Richard Linklater would probably look like. Feb 3, 2023 Full Review Brent McKnight The Last Thing I See Charming stars and pleasant scenery are all well and good, but can only carry Bokeh so far. Rated: C+ Jul 2, 2020 Full Review Derek Deskins Next Projection This issue of character development is largely what holds the film back. Without understanding what makes this couple tick, we are left voyeurs in a world that we cannot understand. Rated: 5.1/10 Oct 16, 2018 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis After a flash of light shoots across the sky, a couple (Maika Monroe, Matt O'Leary) on vacation in Iceland wake up to discover that everyone in the world is missing. Now, they must fight for survival while trying to make sense out of what happened.
      Director
      Geoffrey Orthwein, Andrew Sullivan
      Producer
      Andrew Sullivan, Dirk Junge
      Screenwriter
      Geoffrey Orthwein, Andrew Sullivan
      Distributor
      Screen Media Films
      Production Co
      Zealous Pictures, Verge Pictures, Vintage Pictures
      Genre
      Sci-Fi, Mystery & Thriller, Drama