Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

I Kill Giants

Released Mar 23, 2018 1 hr. 46 min. Fantasy Adventure TRAILER for I Kill Giants: Trailer 1 List
      79% 61 Reviews Tomatometer 73% 1,000+ Ratings Audience Score A teen must face her fears in increasingly dangerous ways when horrible giants threaten to destroy her small town. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Apr 30 Buy Now

Where to Watch

I Kill Giants

Fandango at Home Hulu Prime Video Apple TV

Watch I Kill Giants with a subscription on Hulu, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

I Kill Giants

What to Know

Critics Consensus

I Kill Giants' moody magical realism sometimes slips into the mundane, but impressive CGI and a powerhouse performance by Madison Wolfe pack an unexpected punch.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (218) audience reviews
      C A Great movie! Needed a part 2 and 3. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/20/24 Full Review Isla W One of the most brilliantly crafted, atmospheric, realistic movies I've seen in a while. Yes, I know it wasn't marketed correctly, but I am sick to death of people giving it bad ratings purely because they wanted to watch a monster-slaying fantasy epic. That does not bring down the quality of the movie itself, just the marketing team. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/14/23 Full Review Zane Victor V The worst movie I have ever seen… Just go watch “A Monster Calls”, it’s so much better than this hunk of shit. If I could give it zero stars, I would… Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 08/29/23 Full Review Steve C A film about transitory (?) mental illness ... Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 08/25/23 Full Review Andrea C A solo un anno di distanza da "7 minuti dopo la mezzanotte" questo film ne ripercorre tutti i principali temi senza fare sostanziali modifiche; ad eccezione forse della location più estiva e dei colori più vividi ed accesi. Il tema sicuramente è di interesse ma manca quasi totalmente l'innovazione nell'affrontarlo e anzi, la sceneggiatura sembra un po' troppo incentrata sulla lotta ai giganti immaginari, con un'aggiunta sommaria e mal riuscita relativamente al bullismo. Nonostante questo il finale riesce sorprendentemente ad emozionare. Vengono purtroppo totalmente sacrificati i personaggi dei familiari, tra cui quello potenzialmente molto interessante di Imogen Poots. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 06/15/23 Full Review Roy V Do you want to know the wonderful things about movies? They reflect the spirit that resides in the minds of writers and producers. And a well delivered movie reflects the actors who have been possed by those spirits!I just get to sit back and drink it all in. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 05/06/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

36% 53% Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald TRAILER for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 72% 61% Flora and Ulysses TRAILER for Flora and Ulysses 39% 95% Maleficent: Mistress of Evil TRAILER for Maleficent: Mistress of Evil 100% 99% Iké Boys 91% 82% The Wild Boys TRAILER for The Wild Boys Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (61) Critics Reviews
      Eve Jones Little White Lies Ambitious, but mistimed. Rated: 2/5 Apr 6, 2018 Full Review Peter Bradshaw Guardian There should be a separate genre heading for this film: time-wasting droopy fantasy. Rated: 1/5 Apr 6, 2018 Full Review Larushka Ivan-Zadeh Times (UK) It's not Donnie Darko, but it may delight the nerdie tween weirdo in your life. Rated: 3/5 Apr 6, 2018 Full Review Graeme Tuckett Stuff.co.nz I Kill Giants is a fantasy, a beautiful allegory of growing up “different” and a deft handling of a storyline that could have been either too cute, or far too adult. Apr 24, 2023 Full Review Andrew Murray The Upcoming With an imaginative premise framing a poignant tale of acceptance, the film is utterly delightful. Rated: 4/5 Feb 2, 2021 Full Review Dan Tabor Cinapse I Kill Giants is a different kind of comic book movie, one that has a heart and soul missing from the current box office fodder. I adored everything about this film and found its complex dream-like narrative poignant as well as refreshing. May 29, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A teen must face her fears in increasingly dangerous ways when horrible giants threaten to destroy her small town.
      Director
      Anders Walter
      Executive Producer
      Johanna Hogan, Joe Kelly, Michelle Miller, Justin Nappi, Mark Radcliffe
      Screenwriter
      Joe Kelly
      Distributor
      RLJE Films
      Production Co
      Treehouse Pictures, Umedia, XYZ Films, 1492 Pictures
      Genre
      Fantasy, Adventure