Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Guilty

Released Oct 2, 2015 2 hr. 12 min. Crime Drama Mystery & Thriller List
      91% 22 Reviews Tomatometer 89% 500+ Ratings Audience Score Police investigate the mysterious murder of a teenage girl. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Guilty

Hulu Apple TV

Watch Guilty with a subscription on Hulu, rent on Apple TV, or buy on Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (32) audience reviews
      Audience Member Great movie to watch Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/02/23 Full Review Audience Member Talvar is a solid, engaging murder mystery that works as reminder that America doesn't have a monopoly on troubled justice systems. CINEMATIC PET PEEVE: Has there ever been a character in a movie who says, "It's an open-and-shut case," that isn't eventually proved to have been grossly incorrect? Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 02/24/23 Full Review Audience Member For all of its promising notes which are not safe, really- and they are unmistakable as brilliant and cinematic- 'Talvar' is all towards the judicial system of India. There's a special biases towards the Talvar couple. But this is just a minor complaint in an otherwise moving, subtle, rich and grounded film that always does everything it can to not be exploitative. It has all the elements a truly thrilling film would need. There is heft and vulnerability here. Irrfan Khan and Neeraj Kabi as the CBI officer and Rajesh Talwar- respectively- are my favorite performances from the film. But there's absolutely no denying that even Konkona Sen Sharma is very striking as the poised character inspired by the Mama Talwar Nupur. Do watch 'Talvar'. It's a solid film and beyond that, a profoundly seamless example of a horror story of the modern times. If not anything else, watch it for it's unflinchingly emotional gaze and a realistic portrayal of media. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 02/25/23 Full Review yash b "Talvar" is a very effective true crime thriller that really kept me on the edge of my seat. Since I knew nothing about what happened in real life, I didn't know what to expect. The mystery element of the movie is handled well and all of the possible theories for the crime committed in the movie are explained. I also really liked Irrfan Khan's performance and thought his character was the best part of the movie. Even in the slower patches of the movie, every second he was on screen was great. I can't blame the movie for being based on an unsolved case, but because of that, I felt it lacked closure and it was a tad bit frustrating. However, in the movie's defense, I think that is how they want you to feel because it is showing a situation where true justice was missing. It's not the most pleasant movie out there, but it is a fascinating and intelligent movie that will certainly raise many questions. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member absolutely brilliant.. It worries me how close to real life this whole story is. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/25/23 Full Review Audience Member When u r talking of bollywood's best this is the one of them Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/25/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

71% 68% The Keeper of Lost Causes 92% 64% Mystery Road 0% % Kuldip Patwal: I Didn't Do It! 50% 82% The Reckoning 100% % Sheep Without a Shepherd Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

This movie is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (22) Critics Reviews
      Deborah Young Hollywood Reporter Tech work is high-quality and atmospheric throughout. Apr 29, 2020 Full Review Namrata Joshi Outlook What also works wonderfully is the film's sense of the place. Noida -- be it the residential colony, the flat or the cop station -- feels utterly real. Rated: 3/4 Oct 19, 2015 Full Review Shubhra Gupta The Indian Express A brave film that devastates, and despite its flaws, makes for a compelling watch. Rated: 3/5 Oct 19, 2015 Full Review Panos Kotzathanasis Asian Film Vault "Guilty" is a very intriguing and entertaining crime thriller, that retains the agony and the interest from beginning to end, without neglecting the comments that deem its context equally rich. Jul 27, 2020 Full Review Sucharita Tyagi Film Companion It should just be these two making cinema in Bollywood, that's it...For a case like this, it's the only plausible way to turn this story into a movie. Apr 29, 2020 Full Review Nick Evan-Cook One Room With A View Pleasantly enjoyable yet slightly daft for much of its runtime, Guilty is fatally damaged by its abrupt ending, which offers no form of payoff whatsoever. Rated: 2/5 Apr 18, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Police investigate the mysterious murder of a teenage girl.
      Director
      Meghna Gulzar
      Screenwriter
      Vishal Bhardwaj
      Distributor
      Reliance Entertainment
      Genre
      Crime, Drama, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Oct 2, 2015, Limited