Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

The 15:17 to Paris

PG-13 Released Feb 9, 2018 1 hr. 34 min. Mystery & Thriller Drama TRAILER for The 15:17 to Paris: Trailer 1 List
      23% 167 Reviews Tomatometer 37% 2,500+ Ratings Audience Score On Aug. 21, 2015, the world watches in stunned silence as the media reports a thwarted terrorist attack on a train that's bound for Paris -- an attempt prevented by three young Americans traveling together through Europe. The heroic and courageous actions of Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos and Spencer Stone help to save the lives of more than 500 passengers on board. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered May 07 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent The 15:17 to Paris on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

What to Know

Critics Consensus

The 15:17 to Paris pays clumsily well-intentioned tribute to an act of heroism, but by casting the real-life individuals involved, director Clint Eastwood fatally derails his own efforts.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Royce J This movie is absolutely amazing- a true story of real heroism and then reading that the actual people were chosen by Clint Eastman to act as themselves! If I could give this 6 stars I would! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/21/24 Full Review Thea K i love that Clint Eastwood used the real people to film this story. The acting wasn't great, but somehow it made the whole thing feel more authentic. So inspired. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 04/01/24 Full Review Igor S Clint Eastwood is a great director but this one was filled with bad choices. First of all, hiring the real life heroes to play themselves, would be a good idea if they knew how to act. But they didn't, so even tho one of them has a bit of charisma, it still doesn't make the bad acting bearable. I understand wanting to give the real guys credit; i just wish they had hired real actors to portray them, because it would have served the story better. The kids who played their younger selves were even worst. I tipically cut kids some slack because you can't expect them to be amazing actors at such young age; not all of them are child prodigies, but these kids were really bad. The dialogue they were given was even worse. They literally had little kids talk like 3 adults. It was so ridiculous. Maybe this was taken directly out of the book; maybe they were really mature back then and talked like that, but i doubt it. Then, there's the choice of focusing the movie on all the events prior to the "important day". I liked it. It was a different, original way of telling a story, instead of the typical 2 hours on a train with people screaming, etc But when you stay waaaaayy too long on a trip around Europe without anything of importance happening, as if the director was enjoying the vacation himself and decided to film a travelling documentary, it becomes boring and annoying. I get the points that were being made but you could have accomplished that at a much faster pace. As for the "conflict" on the train being resolved so fast. If it was truly like that in real life, i have no problem with that. It's better than, again, 2 hours on a train, filled with the same clichés that plague many movies of this type. I liked how the movie shows that sometimes the kids that are more problematic and/or missunderstood are the ones that end up becoming the nicest people. That when they choose to not become their worst selves, they can accomplish great things. I like how it displays the importance of guidance, particularly by teachers/mentors in school. I like how it shows that you should believe in yourself and follow your heart, no matter how much you get put down or life throws at you. With better actors and script this could have been such a better movie instead of a disappointing one. I'm still happy it was made tho. At the end of the day, the message about heroic acts like this should be spread around the world, in order to inspire people to hopefully, if the time comes, do the same. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 02/22/24 Full Review Fil C Great story and commend the heros! But this was really unwatchable. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 09/19/23 Full Review Audience Member I thought the movie was wonderful! 3 boys growing up and becoming heroes. It shows an exemplary way of how all the boys in America could be. Their profession and manners took them far above the scale of most American people. I am so proud of them and their families to show them love and understanding of teaching kids to behave. The parents should be commended as well and not letting the system dictate how each person should behave. I am so touched and would like to thank each one of our heroes!!! God bless them and their families!!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/06/23 Full Review Mattias J This movie is actually terrible. Watched it in my french class, even though the audio was in English. It was very predictable and confusing, the dialogue was cheesy and cringe. I would rather punch my cat than watch this movie. The terrorist was kinda hot tho. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 04/18/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

89% 95% Dark Waters TRAILER for Dark Waters 27% 62% 13 Minutes TRAILER for 13 Minutes 34% 68% The Intruder TRAILER for The Intruder 27% 31% Breaking In TRAILER for Breaking In 40% 77% Priceless TRAILER for Priceless Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (167) Critics Reviews
      Mark Kermode Kermode & Mayo's Film Review It's a really, really unsatisfactory film, which is a shame because the story is quite an extraordinary one. Aug 28, 2018 Full Review Michael Sragow Film Comment Magazine Clint Eastwood's The 15:17 to Paris takes a taut, engrossing, and surprising nonfiction book-the most complete and genuine account of an act of real-life heroism that enthralled the whole free world-and turns it into a flaccid, bewildering docudrama. Mar 2, 2018 Full Review David Stratton The Australian It's the second section that's really dire: a flaccid travelogue in which the boys visit landmark tourist attractions...these scenes bring the film to a grinding halt from which it never recovers. Rated: 2/5 Feb 16, 2018 Full Review Denise Pieniazek Puesta en Escena (AR) 15:17 to Paris, as in other Eastwood films, the war is present, as well as its inspiration in real events, it has several of the protagonists of the event that occurred in 2015 "acting" as themselves. Rated: 6/10 Jan 12, 2024 Full Review Keith Garlington Keith & the Movies Unfortunately Clint Eastwood’s finished product is a well-intended but surprisingly awkward misfire. Only the last 30 minutes felt like the tribute these three courageous young men deserved. Rated: 2/5 Aug 20, 2022 Full Review Fletcher Powell KMUW - Wichita Public Radio The fault lies entirely with the filmmakers, who fail to give these men a movie worthy of their extraordinary actions. Jul 20, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis On Aug. 21, 2015, the world watches in stunned silence as the media reports a thwarted terrorist attack on a train that's bound for Paris -- an attempt prevented by three young Americans traveling together through Europe. The heroic and courageous actions of Anthony Sadler, Alek Skarlatos and Spencer Stone help to save the lives of more than 500 passengers on board.
      Director
      Clint Eastwood
      Executive Producer
      Bruce Berman
      Screenwriter
      Dorothy Blyskal
      Distributor
      Warner Bros. Pictures
      Production Co
      Warner Bros. Pictures, Malpaso Productions, Village Roadshow Pictures
      Rating
      PG-13 (Drug References|Bloody Images|Language|Some Suggestive Material|Violence)
      Genre
      Mystery & Thriller, Drama
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Feb 9, 2018, Wide
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Apr 12, 2018
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $36.2M
      Sound Mix
      Dolby Atmos