Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Manhunt

2017 1 hr. 46 min. Action List
      67% 30 Reviews Tomatometer 27% 100+ Ratings Audience Score After he is framed for a vile crime, a Chinese pharmaceutical lawyer teams up with a Japanese detective to stop a dangerous plot. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Manhunt

Netflix Prime Video

Watch Manhunt with a subscription on Netflix, rent on Prime Video, or buy on Prime Video.

Audience Reviews

View All (20) audience reviews
      Jimmy P Woo shot this more like a tv movie than a theatrical flick. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 01/20/23 Full Review Audience Member This film is one part Hitchcock and one part The Fugitive. John Woo brings his unique action and visual style to this film about a Pharmaceutical lawyer framed for murder and the cop who tries to help him clear his name. A little confusing at parts. The dialogue is a little weak and the story has holes. The gun play, vehicle chases, and fight scenes are good. They are signature John Woo. Great weaponry. This is subtitled and Dubbed as it contains multiple languages. Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 01/13/23 Full Review Liam D A director's style and having fun This Thriller might be unknown but it's one of John Woo's most underrated Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 04/28/21 Full Review Audience Member Never realized how much I missed John Woo's acrobatic gunplay scenes. Good story, good acting and outstanding action. John Woo is still The Master. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/19/23 Full Review Audience Member One of my inspiring director, there is no comparison to any other director in the movie industry when it comes to style in filmmaking what John Woo does, no other director can do. I was wondering about the character Dawn, and why she was given one of the lead as contract killer, It was like, she has been put by force or she is pushing her limits to do the role. That Mr. Woo's daughter. When you are being very honest with your work, you can not compromise with the quality, i was having doubt about her ability when on the first few seconds i saw her. but overall, only being charming and beautiful is not enough for an Action lead. So with $30M budget it did $18M WorldWide. As for the cast, they were all good, funny at English accent when they use to switch from Japanese to English and then Chinese, or i guess it is most definitely is way more challenging when you assemble Multi National Cast and bring few cultures together on a set. There could be several reasons why the Movie did not do well WorlWide but one thing is for sure, when you watch Mr. Woo's work, as i said, you stick with the screen, and its like hypnotizing his fans and audience do not get bored. The Killer became a Bench Mark for Mr. Woo and Internationally many directors tried to copy his style, if you look at Mi2, with $125M it did over $546M WorlWide. Similarly, FaceOff with $80M budget it did $246M WorldWide. Broken Arrow from $50M budget it did $150M WorldWide. Long story short, if Manhunt was not successful like other but he maintained his Bench Mark in style which can not be Ignore and if you watched in the Theater, it definitely worth watching because there is no other can produce better Cinema frames and style than Mr. John Woo. As a filmmaker, his movies work as a film school for me. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 02/06/23 Full Review Audience Member This film is awesome and contains action that a blockbuster would have. Besides it's directed by John Woo so it's awesome. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/27/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

70% 70% Reign of Assassins 50% 39% Paradox TRAILER for Paradox 0% 21% Showdown in Manila TRAILER for Showdown in Manila 40% 43% The System 33% 57% Baaghi 2 TRAILER for Baaghi 2 Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (30) Critics Reviews
      Chris Nashawaty Entertainment Weekly There are enough glimpses of the old master peeking through that it's hard not to have a bit of a good time. Rated: B- May 5, 2018 Full Review David Ehrlich indieWire It's hard not to smile when John Woo is having this much fun, or to care about the future when the old-fashioned has this much style. Rated: B- May 4, 2018 Full Review Simon Abrams RogerEbert.com Manhunt generally holds together rather well and is bound to keep Woo's most faithful fans happy. Rated: 3/4 May 4, 2018 Full Review Bill Chambers Film Freak Central One of the central pleasures of genre cinema is running your fingers along well-worn grooves, but while Man Hunt trots out a lot of chestnuts, it's the film's tendency to burn through them with bemusing haste. Rated: 2/4 Mar 3, 2022 Full Review Andrew Heskins easternKicks.com John Woo's throwback to the 80s, complete with camp dialogue and saxophone driven soundtrack... Rated: 3/5 Sep 23, 2020 Full Review John Tones Espinof We will never see the dry and devastating Woo of 'A bullet in the head' again, but this one, pyrotechnic and self-conscious, is equally valuable. [Full Review in Spanish] Rated: 3.5/5 Jul 20, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis After he is framed for a vile crime, a Chinese pharmaceutical lawyer teams up with a Japanese detective to stop a dangerous plot.
      Director
      John Woo
      Executive Producer
      Peter Lam
      Screenwriter
      John Woo
      Production Co
      Media Asia Films Ltd. [hk]
      Genre
      Action
      Original Language
      Chinese