As an Amazon associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!                               

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.96
15 hrs ago
Face/Off 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
1 day ago
Real Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
Fletch (Blu-ray)
$12.49
17 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$31.99
1 day ago
Bad Lieutenant 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
56 min ago
The Three Stooges Collection (Blu-ray)
$169.62
1 day ago
Saigon (Blu-ray)
$12.49
12 hrs ago
Sci-Fi Chillers Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Twister 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Blast of Silence Blu-ray

United States
Criterion | 1961 | 1 Movie, 2 Cuts | 77 min | Not rated | Dec 05, 2023

Blast of Silence (Blu-ray)
Large:

Drama
Film-Noir
Crime
Thriller
Holiday

Video
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.37:1, 1.85:1
Original aspect ratio: 1.85:1

Audio
English: LPCM Mono (48kHz, 24-bit)

Subtitles
English SDH

Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD-50)

Packaging
Inner print

Playback
2K Blu-ray: Region A (locked)

Price
List price: $39.95
Amazon: $26.49 (Save 34%)
New from: $26.49 (Save 34%)
In Stock, FREE shipping

Buy Blast of Silence on Blu-ray

Movie rating
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 ratings.

Blu-ray rating
Video 5.0 of 55.0
Audio 5.0 of 55.0
Extras 4.0 of 54.0
Be the first to review it!

44%
popularity

Blast of Silence

(1961)

Blast of Silence Blu-ray delivers truly amazing video and audio in this exceptional Blu-ray release

A hired killer from Cleveland has a job to do on a second-string mob boss in New York. But a special girl from his past, and a fat gun dealer with pet rats, each gets in his way.

For more about Blast of Silence and the Blast of Silence Blu-ray release, see Blast of Silence Blu-ray Review published by Dr. Svet Atanasov on November 6, 2023 where this Blu-ray release scored 4.5 out of 5.

Director: Allen Baron
Writers: Waldo Salt, Allen Baron
Starring: Allen Baron, Molly McCarthy, Larry Tucker, Peter Clune, Danny Meehan, Howard Mann
Narrator: Lionel Stander
Producer: Merrill S. Brody

» See full cast & crew

Blast of Silence Blu-ray, Video Quality

5.0 of 5

Presented in aspect ratios of 1.85:1 and 1.37:1, encoded with MPEG-4 AVC and granted a 1080p transfer, Blast of Silence arrives on Blu-ray courtesy of Criterion.

Blast of Silence has been newly restored in 4K. I chose to view the entire film in 1.85:1 and then only sampled a few areas of the 1.37:1 presentation. On my system, the entire film looked absolutely incredible. I have Criterion's DVD release of the film from 2008 and did not even feel the need to pull it out and do direct comparisons. The improvements in delineation, clarity, and especially depth are so dramatic that any sort of comparison would have been a complete waste of time. Density levels are very impressive as well. This is important to underscore because certain areas of the film reveal native fluctuations that always looked a bit weak on the DVD release. They have a very convincing organic appearance now. (See an example here). The grayscale is excellent. Darker areas with plenty of black and gray nuances are exceptionally well handled. There are no traces of problematic digital corrections. Image stability is excellent. The entire film looks immaculate, too. (Note: This is a Region-A "locked" Blu-ray release. Therefore, you must have a native Region-A or Region-Free player in order to access its content).

Blast of Silence Blu-ray, Audio Quality

5.0 of 5

There is only one standard audio track on this Blu-ray release: English LPCM 1.0. Optional English SDH subtitles are provided for the main feature.

The lossless track is excellent. The narration and all exchanges are very clear, sharp, and stable. There are no traces of any age-related anomalies, in the upper register or anywhere else. Because of the at times unusually intense soundtrack, dynamic contrasts can be very good, but that there are plenty of organic sounds and noises as well.

Similar titles you might also like

What is this?

Show more titles »

Similar titles suggested by members

Blast of Silence Blu-ray, News and Updates

Reviewers: The Best of 2023 - Part 3 - January 4, 2024

2023 was a very unusual year for me. I added to my library the largest number of genre films ever, and I could not pick up everything I liked. On top of this, I ordered the largest number of box sets with classic TV content, though not all of them were new releases. ...

Criterion Announces December Releases - September 18, 2023

The Criterion Collection has announced its December batch of 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases. They are: Blast of Silence (1961), Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (2022), and The Red Balloon and Other Stories: Five Films by Albert Lamorisse (1951-1965).

North America Blu-ray Discussions

Topic
Replies
Last post
Blast of Silence (1961) coming from Criterion (

Official Thread

)
11Nov 07, 2023

Blast of Silence Blu-ray

$39.95 $26.49

Buy Blast of Silence on Blu-ray

Top Blu-ray Deals

The best Blu-ray deals online. Don't miss out on these great deals.

See Today's Deals »

Movie finder

Trending Blu-ray Movies

Trending in Theaters

Top 10 Sellers

Top 10 Pre-orders

Top 10 Bargains

This web site is not affiliated with the Blu-ray Disc Association.
All trademarks are the property of the respective trademark owners.
© 2002-2024 Blu-ray.com. All rights reserved.
Registration problems | Business/Advertising Inquiries | Privacy Policy | Legal Notices