Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Sissy

2022 1h 42m Horror Comedy TRAILER for Sissy: Trailer 1 List
      96% 75 Reviews Tomatometer 65% 250+ Ratings Audience Score Cecilia and Emma were tween-age BFFs who were going to grow old together and never let anything come between them, until Alex arrived on the scene. Twelve years later, Cecilia is a successful social media influencer living the dream of an independent, modern millennial woman... until she runs into Emma for the first time in over a decade. Emma invites Cecilia away on her bachelorette weekend at a remote cabin in the mountains, where Alex proceeds to make Cecilia's weekend a living hell. #triggered Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Sep 25 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Sissy

Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent Sissy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Sissy

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Sissy weaves timely themes into its rich blend of horror and dark humor, topped off by terrific work from a talented cast led by Aisha Dee.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (85) audience reviews
      Christina B Smart, gruesome, I like it. Wonder if it counts as another 'Airbnb is evil' type of horror flick. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 03/05/24 Full Review Gunn W BORING... Nothing but guts and gore. No real plot, just a bunch of girls partying. It's like a popularity contest, if you're 20-something you might like this movie, only if you enjoy drama and murder? I can't believe I watched the entire movie! I am dumber now for having seen this. Plus, there's like at least 30 minutes of the movie just setting up the characters. No action - just fake, preppy, stupid girls! Did I mention how much I HATE social media, especially people who call themselves 'influencers'. Again, nothing but gossip and spying on people. Why bother? My advice.......... SKIP THIS TRASH!! Rated 1 out of 5 stars 02/07/24 Full Review B This was absolute garbage. The pacing in this movie is terrible and the entire concept would fit a 40min episode in a horror anthology better than a full length movie. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 02/03/24 Full Review Christian C It does take a few steps back toward the middle and end, but most of the people whining about it are doing so because they feel like they'd have been one of the first casualties… It's goofier and less serious than you might think, but it's still solid. Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/08/24 Full Review Earl L I thought this movie was absolutely refreshing, and inventive for the horror genre. It has an extremely interesting cast of characters, and I just loved the whole storyline. Gory kills, lol. It's definitely a fun watch. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 08/22/23 Full Review 누텔라 B- It's a movie about the influencer lifestyle thats better than Ingrid goes west. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 07/23/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

47% 17% There's Someone Inside Your House 93% 61% Hatching TRAILER for Hatching 50% 33% The Communion Girl 97% 55% Hellbender TRAILER for Hellbender 72% 8% Dark Nature Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (75) Critics Reviews
      Craig Mathieson The Age (Australia) Barlow and Kane Senes, the film’s co-writers and co-directors, slip easily between satiric humour and gory ramifications. They get the genre’s conventions, but with Dee’s committed performance leading the way, they refuse to simply accept them. Jun 14, 2023 Full Review Paul Byrnes Sydney Morning Herald It’s far from perfect, but it has a fresh tone and the desire to take risks. Rated: 3/5 Nov 3, 2022 Full Review Luke Buckmaster Guardian Impressively unpredictable all the way to the bitter end – a very difficult and commendable achievement, in a genre as coded and conventionalised as horror. Rated: 4/5 Nov 1, 2022 Full Review Tina Kakadelis Beyond the Cinerama Dome Sissy is a fun, gory slasher flick that’s perfect for sleepovers and viewings with large groups of friends. If anything, Sissy could have gone further in its reflections on the enduring effects of childhood bullying. Jul 24, 2023 Full Review Graeme Tuckett Stuff.co.nz Sissy is a smart, sassy and unafraid wee film that knows its audience and yet never panders to our expectations. Rated: 4/5 Feb 10, 2023 Full Review Terry Mesnard Gayly Dreadful Once Sissy embraces the slasher subgenre, it begins throwing fantastic moments of gore and violence at the audience while still keeping the tongue-in-cheek satire vicious and razor sharp. Dec 17, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Cecilia and Emma were tween-age BFFs who were going to grow old together and never let anything come between them, until Alex arrived on the scene. Twelve years later, Cecilia is a successful social media influencer living the dream of an independent, modern millennial woman... until she runs into Emma for the first time in over a decade. Emma invites Cecilia away on her bachelorette weekend at a remote cabin in the mountains, where Alex proceeds to make Cecilia's weekend a living hell. #triggered
      Director
      Hannah Barlow, Kane Senes
      Producer
      Alexandra Burke, Vicki De Margheriti, William Day Frank, Jacqueline Kerwick, Hannah Barlow, Kane Senes, James Boyce, Seth Larney, Anna Dadic, Mathieu Van de Velde
      Screenwriter
      Hannah Barlow, Kane Senes, Hannah Barlow, Kane Senes
      Production Co
      Arcadia, Dog Park Pictures
      Genre
      Horror, Comedy
      Original Language
      English (Australia)
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Sep 29, 2022
      Runtime
      1h 42m