Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Suburra

2015 2 hr. 10 min. Crime Drama Mystery & Thriller List
      91% 23 Reviews Tomatometer 78% 250+ Ratings Audience Score Criminal rivalries and endemic corruption are exposed when plans are made to turn a seaside town into a gambling paradise. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Sep 26 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Suburra

Fandango at Home Prime Video

Rent Suburra on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video.

Audience Reviews

View All (33) audience reviews
      Liam D It's probably one of my favourite Thrillers of all time now due it's complex and excellent storytelling and top notch performances Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/08/22 Full Review rodrick b They say, that in film the audience is willing grant suspension of disbelief. But this shit was so unrealistic & unbelievable that there's no way I could grant suspension of disbelief. BAD CASTING. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 04/30/21 Full Review Audience Member The plot is quite interesting as it shows all the intricacies of modern day crime in a city like Rome, where thugs, old style criminality and politics all come together and fight to get a slice of the pie. The main characters are shaped very nicely, I like both Aureliano and Spadino as well as Samurai, the main antagonist of the series. Good acting from the cast, all of them do decent a decent job. I still have mixed feelings vs season 3; I think it's not at the height of the previous two and it feels like it was hastily put together to hit the release of the season. Nice soundtrack as well as the aerial view of Rome throughout the series. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/25/23 Full Review Audience Member I was excited to watch this movie based upon the rather good Netflix series but was deeply disappointed! The story does not go anywhere and murdering, hardcore gangsters travel around Rome with NO bodyguards allowing any Giancarlo, Giuseppe, or Sofia to kill them as they leave their mum's front door! If you can suspend realism and do not mind the slow, meandering pace it gets a 6/10! The reviews on this Website are so over complimentary I wonder if these people saw the same film or wouldn't know a good movie from a box of nails. Rated 2 out of 5 stars 01/29/23 Full Review Audience Member Un ritratto della malavita romana e dei suoi tentacoli; potente, graffiante e crudo. Favino, Borghi, Germano, tutti splendidi e completamente credibili. Colonna sonora semplicemente meravigliosa e ottima fotografia. Uno dei migliori film italiani degli ultimi anni a mio avviso, e ingiustamente a secco di premi. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/12/23 Full Review Audience Member Not bad for an Italian Rated 3 out of 5 stars 02/20/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

20% 78% The Wasted Times TRAILER for The Wasted Times 56% 43% Irada TRAILER for Irada 91% 81% Special 26 100% 68% Saving Mr. Wu TRAILER for Saving Mr. Wu 78% 54% Hyena Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (23) Critics Reviews
      Alexandra Heller-Nicholas The Blue Lenses Sollima pulls this together into a slick, polished whole, marked by an energy and focus that allows him to travel through Suburra's various intersecting threads of exploitation, dominance and moral train-wrecks. Aug 25, 2018 Full Review Kevin Maher Times (UK) Suburra is a sprawling Italian crime drama with genuinely epic ambitions. Rated: 4/5 Oct 10, 2016 Full Review Tara Brady Irish Times A sprawl of beautifully cast characters -- a weasly pimp (Germano) here, a junkie moll (Scarano) there -- and their many intersections are deftly juggled, thanks to Patrizio Morane's darting cuts. Rated: 3/5 Aug 8, 2016 Full Review Richard James Havis South China Morning Post Suburra is a big picture that never loses track of the small details, and these bring the characters, and the realistic action sequences, to life. Rated: 4/5 Oct 10, 2017 Full Review Kevin Harley Total Film Sollima interweaves gangsters, pimps, junkies and scary dogs with pungent echoes of venal Ancient Rome. Rated: 4/5 Jan 3, 2017 Full Review Ignacio Navarro El antepenúltimo mohicano A film with convincing performances that puts us in a sui generis stylized atmosphere. [Full review in Spanish] Rated: 4/5 Oct 3, 2016 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis Criminal rivalries and endemic corruption are exposed when plans are made to turn a seaside town into a gambling paradise.
      Director
      Stefano Sollima
      Executive Producer
      Matteo de Laurentiis
      Screenwriter
      Sandro Petraglia, Stefano Rulli, Giancarlo De Cataldo, Carlo Bonini
      Production Co
      Cattleya, RAI Cinema
      Genre
      Crime, Drama, Mystery & Thriller
      Original Language
      Italian