Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Moonlight

R Now Playing 1 hr. 51 min. Drama LGBTQ+ TRAILER for Moonlight: Trailer 1 List
      98% 402 Reviews Tomatometer 79% 25,000+ Ratings Audience Score A look at three defining chapters in the life of Chiron, a young black man growing up in Miami. His epic journey to manhood is guided by the kindness, support and love of the community that helps raise him. Read More Read Less Now in Theaters Now Playing Buy Tickets

Where to Watch

Moonlight

In Theaters Fandango at Home Prime Video Max Apple TV

Watch Moonlight with a subscription on Max, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Moonlight

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Moonlight uses one man's story to offer a remarkable and brilliantly crafted look at lives too rarely seen in cinema.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Lucas H this was an interesting experience, the movie was good and very sad sometimes, I expected something different but it was good never the less, the ending is very abrupt tho Rated 5 out of 5 stars 06/19/21 Full Review Ionela C I found it really boring Rated 1 out of 5 stars 04/20/24 Full Review Mick V I think folks missed the mark, deals with people perpetrating to be who they are not. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 04/14/24 Full Review John W Breathtaking, beautiful, compassionate, not to be missed. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 04/01/24 Full Review atishbazii Guys just sharing, I've found this interesting! Check it out! <a href="https://atishbazii.ir">آتیش بازی</a> Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/29/24 Full Review Eye C Nope, this is not for me, I don't like it and I never did. So depressing and nonsense. Rated 3 out of 5 stars 03/18/24 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

40% 73% Joe Bell TRAILER for Joe Bell 88% 91% The Inspection TRAILER for The Inspection 92% 76% We the Animals TRAILER for We the Animals 84% 57% Beach Rats TRAILER for Beach Rats 92% 91% Dallas Buyers Club Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (402) Critics Reviews
      Andrea Thompson Chicago Reader Jenkins portrays a world so often fetishized and reduced to its most violent outcomes from the inside, with tenderness and Wong Kar-wai’s influence on his cinematic sleeve. Jun 21, 2023 Full Review Nijla Mu'min Bitch Media Moonlight displays the kind of empathy and humanity that we desperately need right now. Feb 17, 2021 Full Review Elissa Suh StageBuddy.com Jenkins boils a life down to its decisive moments; a life in three parts is an eloquent and acute summation with Nicholas Britell's heart-rending music underlining. Mar 13, 2020 Full Review Patricia Karounos Refinery29 A profoundly moving coming-of-age portrait of a young Black man throughout various stages of his life as he explores his sexuality and who he fundamentally is. Oct 23, 2023 Full Review Rebecca Johnson Film Focus Online Widely regarded as one of the most intimate and well-made movies of all time, Moonlight is nothing short of a masterpiece, every element coming together to create an experience that can be appreciated by all. Rated: 5/5 Aug 6, 2023 Full Review Tina Kakadelis Beyond the Cinerama Dome It is so clear that Jenkins is paying respect to the people he knew growing up and the boy he was. Moonlight is honest and open, exactly what a movie of this type should be. Jul 25, 2023 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis A look at three defining chapters in the life of Chiron, a young black man growing up in Miami. His epic journey to manhood is guided by the kindness, support and love of the community that helps raise him.
      Director
      Barry Jenkins
      Executive Producer
      Brad Pitt, Sarah Esberg, Tarell Alvin McCraney
      Screenwriter
      Barry Jenkins
      Distributor
      A24
      Production Co
      Plan B Entertainment, Upload Films, Pastel
      Rating
      R (Drug Use|Brief Violence|Language Throughout|Some Sexuality)
      Genre
      Drama, LGBTQ+
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date (Theaters)
      Nov 18, 2016, Wide
      Release Date (Streaming)
      Feb 21, 2017
      Box Office (Gross USA)
      $27.9M
      Sound Mix
      Dolby Digital