Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Undone

2019 Comedy Drama Animation TRAILER for Undone: Season 1 Featurette - The Making of Undone List
      98% 57 Reviews Tomatometer 92% 500+ Ratings Audience Score After 28-year-old Alma nearly dies in a car accident, she finds that she has a new relationship with time; she develops this newfound relationship to find out the truth about her father's death. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Undone — Season 1

Prime Video

Watch Undone — Season 1 with a subscription on Prime Video.

Undone — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

A kaleidoscopic existential crisis, Undone bends the rules of space, time, and rotoscoping to weave a beautifully surreal tapestry that is at once fantastical and utterly relatable.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (216) audience reviews
      Hemant S "Undone" is a wonder, both visually and concept-wise. The rotoscoping animation gives the story that subtle balance between a artistic thriller, a simple day in the life and some thoughtful themes, including spirituality. The story follows Alma, a partially deaf girl who finds herself frustrated with the tedious loop of her routine life – work, relationships and all that. While driving under distress, she ends up having a car accident and consequently in medical care. As she seems to gain consciousness, she falls into what seem like delirious bouts that include visions of her dead father talking to her. What his vision tells her takes her on an eye-opening and soul-waking adventure. The show brings together traces of multiple concepts – the one I love the most is that beautiful mix of spirituality and science fiction. Rosa Salazar (of "Alita: Battle Angle" fame) and the extremely talented Bob Odenkirk lead the cast, and their acts in tandem are really good. The tone spirals around seamlessly between candid humor and the extremely real flaws of life. Constance Marie, Angelique Cabral and Siddharth Dhananjay form a well knit ensemble, alond with Daveed Diggs. Another aspect that I admired about the show is how it's broken into well paced 23 minute episodes, and there's never a deliberated cliff hanger in any of them. It's like a dreamy picture-book for adults. Very underrated in my opinion; I hope it follows with a second season. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 05/08/23 Full Review Magdalena B I'm very impressed by this series. I like it so much. Now i'm watching 7 episode of 2 season and there is something off in a scenario. Polish officer says to family speaking german "don't speak in your jew-tounge". Excuse me??? Germans did ghettos for Jewish people and concentration camps where they exterminated Jews and Poles. All the holocaust. In this series they are angry polish officers who arresting german family. It's all the other way around. I think this show is great but this episode is really bad written! Rated 2.5 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Corey W Visually striking and emotionally charged Undone is one of the most dreamlike trips that television has to offer. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/15/23 Full Review Eri V The animation, between movie and anime is very original, even if sometimes if looks more like an old Sim's demo, it's pleasant to watch and gives Undone a unique atmosphere. All characters are deep and human, Alma above all. Dream or reality, or both at the same time and more, this modern tale mixing time travel and our inner emotions is exploring humanities' facetts with and without trying. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/28/22 Full Review chris p after the end the first episode of season 2 i realize I just watched maybe the best story maybe after breaking bad or to kill a mockingbird. By the end of the 2nd season, i think its better than breaking bad and to kill a mockingbird. Transcendent and life changing... Surreal, yet very real. And about as good as it gets in the reality i have experienced except for the best memories from a long time ago. hope this does for you what it did for me. much love to everyone Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/30/23 Full Review Barry D Amazing time bending show. Absolutely loved it. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/11/22 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Sep 13, 2019 The Crash After a fight with her sister, Becca, Alma is in a car accident and sees something mysterious. Details Episode 2 Aired Sep 13, 2019 The Hospital While in the hospital recovering from her car accident, Alma talks with her dead father, who has a confusing and compelling request. Details Episode 3 Aired Sep 13, 2019 Handheld Blackjack Alma starts her training with her dad, and she tries to get a grip on her new family; she begins her investigation into his murder. Details Episode 4 Aired Sep 13, 2019 Moving the Keys Alma progresses through training with her dad, and continues to uncover information about his death; Alma's mom, worried about her behavior, makes her go to therapy. Details Episode 5 Aired Sep 13, 2019 Alone in This (You Have Me) Alma realizes that Sam has been lying to her, and they get into a fight; Alma bounces between different timelines in her life, Sam's life and their relationship. Details Episode 6 Aired Sep 13, 2019 Prayers and Visions Camila helps out at the church, and she accompanies Becca on a food tasting with Reed's family; Sam and Alma go mystery-solving together. Details Episode 7 Aired Sep 13, 2019 The Wedding Alma attends Becca and Reed's wedding while continuing to investigate her father's murder; Jacob encourages Alma to stop investigating in the present and find her way back to the past to save him. Details Episode 8 Aired Sep 13, 2019 The Halloween Night Alma goes back to the Halloween night Jacob died and tries to change the past; back in the present, Camila and Sam attempt to make Alma get help. Details
      90% 84% The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel TRAILER for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 95% 93% The Tick TRAILER for The Tick 87% 73% I Love Dick 85% 88% Comrade Detective % 75% The End of Love Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (57) Critics Reviews
      Sara Novic Bitch Media Alma's Deafness is just a gimmick that she can use to ignore her friends and family and continue to telegraph the show's themes about perception without actually challenging viewers' perceptions at all. Jul 21, 2020 Full Review Doreen St. Felix New Yorker The uncanny-valley feel of the animation contributes to the affecting hyperreality of the series... May 9, 2020 Full Review Graeme Blundell The Australian The most visually captivating show of this exhausting but exhilarating year. Dec 17, 2019 Full Review Elizabeth Garcia But Why Tho? A Geek Community Undone is a visual masterpiece that tackles mental health and disability through an alluring narrative that interweaves every piece of the story. Rated: 10/10 Jan 22, 2023 Full Review Linnete Manrique PopMatters It may not be a perfect show, but it is totally human. Rated: 8/10 Jul 20, 2021 Full Review Cristina Escobar HipLatina Combines [a] nuanced understanding of race with prestige TV devices [to] ask its big question: what is reality and can we ever really know it? Jun 26, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Director
      Hisko Hulsing
      Executive Producer
      Noel Bright, Steven A. Cohen, Tommy Pallotta, Raphael Bob-Waksberg, Kate Purdy
      Network
      Prime Video
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Comedy, Drama, Animation
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date
      Sep 13, 2019