Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts

2020 Kids & Family Comedy Animation List
      100% 11 Reviews Tomatometer 92% 100+ Ratings Audience Score Kipo, a sheltered girl, gets a crash course in survival when a mutant attack sends her to the surface, far from the safety of her underground home. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts — Season 1

Netflix

Watch Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts — Season 1 with a subscription on Netflix.

Audience Reviews

View All (53) audience reviews
      Galaxy N i like it so much especially that singing part with the timber cats Rated 5 out of 5 stars 10/24/23 Full Review Luke R Love this season! I really love the songs and the characters! This show is one of my favorites! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 09/09/23 Full Review Angie M I honestly thought that this show could have been better. You see the main character is too nice and makes her look like a whimp. And to be such a violent animal she sure is a huge pacifist. And when the characters fight it looks very slow and nothing else really happends. But aside from all that I personal just thought that this isn't my cup of tea and is very boring. Rated 1.5 out of 5 stars 08/05/23 Full Review John C It is wonderful. As good or better than Hilda. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/23/23 Full Review Sam H Love being able to get the kids off YouTube and into a show with plot and character and interesting twists and turns. Not to mention I can watch it with them and not be bored out my gourd. Plus the music is amazing! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/01/22 Full Review Eduardo M the series itself is really cool but has some inappropriate content for kids like kissing, romantic look and stuff, but other than that and cool Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 10/25/22 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Burrow Girl Swept from her burrow, Kipo emerges in a wild surface world full of mutant animals; her new friends Wolf and Mandu seek to help her get home. Details Episode 2 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Explosion Berries Benson gets a jump on the Mod Frogs to save Kipo, Wolf and his buddy, Dave; however, it will take a hopping mad Mega Bunny to get them out of another jam. Details Episode 3 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Real Cats Wear Plaid Held captive by the brawling Timbercats, Kipo and her pals must find their leader, Yumyan Hammerpaw, to avoid becoming cat food. Details Episode 4 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Cactus Town Leading an army of allies, Kipo argues with Wolf about the best way to avoid a hissy fit on Umlaut Snake turf. Details Episode 5 Aired Jan 14, 2020 The Astronomers in Turtlenecks Kipo and the gang cozy up to the nerdy Newton Wolves and use their telescope to find the burrow people. Details Episode 6 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Ratland The wolves break the news to Scarlemagne as Kipo tries to crack her father's code; Benson gives the burrow girl a birthday surprise -- or two. Details Episode 7 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Mulholland The friends stumble upon tardigrade dream-maker Tad Mulholland who allows the gang to find their bliss; however, it comes at a price. Details Episode 8 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Twin Beaks Scarlemagne rallies his troops as Kipo searches for her next clue, which sends her into a trash canyon and into a hideaway for Fitness Raccoons. Details Episode 9 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Mute-Eat-Mute World A big secret's out, and Wolf can't deal; Kipo must resist the urge to pet Mega Bunny babies before escaping from sticky Mod Frog Jamack. Details Episode 10 Aired Jan 14, 2020 Beyond the Valley of the Dogs It's a high-jumping, thirsty Mega Flea vs. the Mega Dogs as Kipo closes in on the burrow, but disaster may have followed her home. Details

Critics Reviews

View All (11) Critics Reviews
      Heather Hogan Autostraddle Yes, it’s all-ages animation. And fantasy. And sci-fi. And dystopia. And dramedy. And a musical. And pun-y surreal ridiculousness on par with Alice in Wonderland. Apr 12, 2022 Full Review Mike Hale New York Times Typical teenage-adventure fare. But its artwork, an integration of practical American action and Miyazaki-inflected anime splendor, will keep you in front of the screen after your bored teenagers have wandered off. Mar 16, 2020 Full Review Swara Salih But Why Tho? A Geek Community Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts is a delightful, heart-wrenching, thrilling, and wonderful show that will keep you on your toes with each episode. Rated: 9/10 Jan 22, 2023 Full Review Drew Koenig Hidden Remote Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts feels like this nice balm to our souls and we're very grateful that we'll have more of it soon. May 1, 2020 Full Review Jenny Zheng The Daily Dot Even with man-eating Mutes, Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts makes the post-apocalyptic world seem fun. I mean, dire yes, but wondrous and still full of hope. Rated: 4/5 Mar 16, 2020 Full Review Caroline Cao Slashfilm The music is among the few elements that stick in your head long after you finish all ten episodes and thirst for more adventure with Kipo and her friends. Rated: 8.5/10 Mar 16, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Radford Sechrist, Bill Wolkoff
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-Y7 (FV)
      Genre
      Kids & Family, Comedy, Animation
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date