Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 1 – Rick and Morty

2013 Action Adventure Comedy Animation List
      97% 29 Reviews Tomatometer 97% 2,500+ Ratings Audience Score After having been missing for nearly 20 years, Rick Sanchez suddenly arrives at daughter Beth's doorstep to move in with her and her family. Although Beth welcomes Rick into her home, her husband, Jerry, isn't as happy about the family reunion. Jerry is concerned about Rick, a sociopathic scientist, using the garage as his personal laboratory. In the lab, Rick works on a number of sci-fi gadgets, some of which could be considered dangerous. But that's not all Rick does that concerns Jerry. He also goes on adventures across the universe that often involve his grandchildren, Morty and Summer. Read More Read Less Watch on Vudu Premiered Apr 13 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Rick and Morty — Season 1

Vudu Hulu Prime Video Max Apple TV

Watch Rick and Morty — Season 1 with a subscription on Hulu, Max, or buy it on Vudu, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Rick and Morty — Season 1

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Rick and Morty zaps onto screens and makes an instant impression with its vivid splashes of color, improvisational voice acting, and densely-plotted science fiction escapades -- bringing a surprising amount of heart to a cosmically heartless premise.

Read Critics Reviews

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Dec 2, 2013 Pilot Rick moves in with his daughter's family and establishes himself as a bad influence on his grandson, Morty. Details Episode 2 Aired Dec 9, 2013 Lawnmower Dog Rick helps Jerry out with the dog, broh. Don't even trip about this episode because they also incept Goldenfold. Details Episode 3 Aired Dec 15, 2013 Anatomy Park On a special Christmas episode, Rick and Morty try to save the life of a homeless man. Meanwhile, Jerry's parents visit and the family bonds. Details Episode 4 Aired Jan 13, 2014 M. Night Shaym-Aliens! Rick and Morty try to get to the bottom of a mystery in this M. Night Shamyaloin style twistaroony of an episode! Details Episode 5 Aired Jan 20, 2014 Meeseeks and Destroy Rick provides the family with a solution to their problems, freeing him up to go on an adventure led by Morty. Sounds good, better record this one, broh! Details Episode 6 Aired Jan 27, 2014 Rick Potion No. 9 A potion designed to make Morty attractive to one girl goes viral and infects all of Earth, so Rick has to clean up the mess by creating another mess. Details Episode 7 Aired Mar 10, 2014 Raising Gazorpazorp Morty convinces Rick to buy him a sexy robot. Guess what tho? Trouble happens, dog. Details Episode 8 Aired Mar 17, 2014 Rixty Minutes Rick hacks the cable box to allow access to TV from multiple realities. But guess what, broh? Jerry, Beth, and Summer are focused on one of Rick's other inventions. They don't care, broh. Details Episode 9 Aired Mar 24, 2014 Something Ricked This Way Comes Rick goes to battle with the devil, and Summer gets upset about it, broh. Plus Jerry and Morty hang out, broh! Details Episode 10 Aired Apr 7, 2014 Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind Rick has a run in with some old associates, resulting in a fallout with Morty. You got any chips, broh? Details Episode 11 Aired Apr 14, 2014 Ricksy Business Beth and Jerry head off on a romantic getaway. Rick and Summer throw a huge intergalactic house party, broh. Details

Critics Reviews

View All (29) Critics Reviews
      Daniel Kurland New York Magazine/Vulture It has transformed into not only one of the sharpest, most surreal, nerdy comedies on television, but also a treatise on storytelling and world-building. Feb 15, 2019 Full Review Alan Sepinwall HitFix I would not recommend watching it while eating, but beyond that I've been enjoying it tremendously so far for its imagination, for its emotional/philosophical consistency, for the excellent voice work,, and for the balls-out comedy of it. Feb 14, 2019 Full Review Seth Abramson indieWire Harmon and Roiland want to deny us all of our comfortable psychosocial poles by forcing us to reside, as viewers, in the same sort of ambiguous head-space the Internet and popular culture forces us to reside in anyway. Feb 14, 2019 Full Review Matt Brunson Film Frenzy On one hand, it’s easy to see why this show is a favorite of dude-bros, fanboys, and mall-dwelling mouth breathers. On the other hand, it’s also easy to see why this is a critical darling, an adult favorite, and an Emmy Award winner. Rated: 3.5/4 Sep 27, 2023 Full Review Tessa Smith Mama's Geeky This show is amazing. I have never laughed so hard in my life as I have while watching this show. May 30, 2019 Full Review Tristan Lejeune Brightest Young Things Weird it does indeed get, and weird I hope it shall stay. This show could be a top-rate crossover hit. Feb 15, 2019 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (284) audience reviews
      Itsa P I didn't see it til YEARS later thanks to the fanbase being nuts, but this one has way more classic episodes than you'd think. Also still has that Superjail-y animation. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 03/18/24 Full Review High C Making quantum physics fun again!!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/23/23 Full Review Arda T This season is perfect in every way. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/19/23 Full Review Marjolein D I guess it's not my taste/humour. It feels pointless, gory, vulgar, and just leaves me feeling annoyed. Rated 1 out of 5 stars 12/14/23 Full Review Fetti Thought-provoking, excellent improvisation, layered storylines and constant action and humour makes Rick and Morty one of the most interesting, weird and wonderful moments in television. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/16/24 Full Review Chris M Rick and Morty represents the pinnacle of the adult-themed animated renaissance that began with South Park and The Simpsons through contemporary classics like Archer and Bojack Horseman. This is a show not to be missed. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 11/20/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Season Info

Executive Producer
      Dan Harmon, Justin Roiland
      Network
      Cartoon Network
      Rating
      TV-14
      Genre
      Action, Adventure, Comedy, Animation
      Original Language
      English
      Release Date