Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Season 4 – Black Mirror

2017 Sci-Fi Drama List
      85% 269 Reviews Tomatometer 84% 1,000+ Ratings Audience Score Featuring stand-alone dramas -- sharp, suspenseful, satirical tales that explore techno-paranoia -- "Black Mirror" is a contemporary reworking of "The Twilight Zone" with stories that tap into the collective unease about the modern world. Each story features its own cast of unique characters, including stars like Bryce Dallas Howard ("The Help"), Alice Eve, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Tom Cullen and Jerome Flynn ("Game of Thrones"). Joe Wright, Dan Trachtenberg, and James Watkins are among the featured directors. Read More Read Less

Where to Watch

Black Mirror — Season 4

Netflix Prime Video Apple TV

Watch Black Mirror — Season 4 with a subscription on Netflix, or buy it on Prime Video, Apple TV.

Black Mirror — Season 4

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Black Mirror proves with its fourth season that the series still has ample source material to terrify fans with technology that is now -- or soon could become -- an integral part of our lives.

Read Critics Reviews

Cast & Crew

Episodes

Episode 1 Aired Dec 29, 2017 USS Callister By day, Robert Daly is the CTO of a tech-entertainment company, but by night he is in his own private cinematic universe -- based on a TV show he watched as a child -- as the commander of a starship exploring new worlds. Details Episode 2 Aired Dec 29, 2017 Arkangel Worried about her daughter's safety, Marie signs up for a cutting-edge device that will monitor the girl's location. Details Episode 3 Aired Dec 29, 2017 Crocodile Mia scrambles to keep a dark secret; Shazia harvests people's memories of an accident scene. Details Episode 4 Aired Dec 29, 2017 Hang the DJ Paired up by a dating program that puts an end date on relationships, Frank and Amy begin to question the system's logic. Details Episode 5 Aired Dec 29, 2017 Metalhead While searching for supplies at an abandoned warehouse, scavengers encounter a ruthless foe and flee for their lives. Details Episode 6 Aired Dec 29, 2017 Black Museum A traveler comes across a museum that boasts rare criminal artifacts and a disturbing main attraction. Details

This show is featured in the following articles.

Critics Reviews

View All (269) Critics Reviews
      Eric Deggans NPR Season four's batch of six episodes stand out because few fans can agree on which episodes are best. Nov 25, 2019 Full Review Brad Newsome Sydney Morning Herald Brilliant casting and cameos make the whole thing a must-see. Mar 28, 2018 Full Review Jo Livingstone The New Republic This season has also reduced and clarified the themes under the show's microscope, and therefore focused Black Mirror into a more coherent work. Jan 12, 2018 Full Review Daniel Chin The Ringer Some of the most unnerving Black Mirror episodes are ones like “Arkangel,” revolving around technology that’s right around the corner... Jul 18, 2023 Full Review Victor Luckerson The Ringer This is still an entertaining romp, but not one that will keep you up at night. Jul 18, 2023 Full Review Tony Black Cultural Conversation With this season, Black Mirror cements its credentials as one of the most fascinating and challenging series in modern television. Rated: 4/5 Mar 31, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (198) audience reviews
      Direct to y Excellent. I am a writer in this genre too. I´d like too join....!!! Rated 5 out of 5 stars 03/28/24 Full Review Nick S Excellent season with some very interesting, engaging, and innovative stories. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 12/31/23 Full Review Matthew C Pretty much equal to season 3. Metalhead is the weakest, but all episodes are very entertaining. Hang the DJ and Crocodile the best, in my opinion. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 07/20/23 Full Review Nobody I S4 has some of the best episodes of the whole show and the black museum is a perfect showcase of what a BM episode should be. The only lesser episode was Metalhead, but that's more of a preference. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 06/28/23 Full Review Alessandro A Hang the DJ and USS Callister were pure fun I enjoyed them to the point that I had to watch them both again. Also Black Museum had a nice twist and is enjoyable. The rest was so and so. Rated 4.5 out of 5 stars 06/22/23 Full Review Krzysztof P S1-5: Skłania do przemyśleń i szokuje dosyć prawdopodobnymi wizjami przyszłości. Część odcinków jest tak bardzo warta uwagi, że daję 10/10 mimo kilku słabszych Rated 5 out of 5 stars 06/16/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Season Info

Director
      Colm McCarthy, David Slade, Jodie Foster, John Hillcoat, Timothy Van Patten, Toby Haynes
      Executive Producer
      William Bridges, Annabel Jones, Charlie Brooker
      Screenwriter
      William Bridges, Charlie Brooker
      Network
      Netflix
      Rating
      TV-MA
      Genre
      Sci-Fi, Drama
      Original Language
      English (United Kingdom)