Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Jerry Maguire

R Released Dec 11, 1996 2 hr. 18 min. Romance Comedy TRAILER for Jerry Maguire: Trailer 1 List
      84% 90 Reviews Tomatometer 79% 250,000+ Ratings Audience Score When slick sports agent Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise) has a crisis of conscience, he pens a heartfelt company-wide memo that promptly gets him fired. Desperate to hang on to the athletes that he represents, Jerry starts his own management firm, with only single mother Dorothy Boyd (Renee Zellweger) joining him in his new venture. Banking on their sole client, football player Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr.), Jerry and Dorothy begin to fall in love as they struggle to make their business work. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Apr 16 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Jerry Maguire

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV+ Apple TV

Watch Jerry Maguire with a subscription on Apple TV+, rent on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Jerry Maguire

What to Know

Critics Consensus

Anchored by dazzling performances from Tom Cruise, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Renée Zellweger, as well as Cameron Crowe's tender direction, Jerry Maguire meshes romance and sports with panache.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (1000+) audience reviews
      Max W Tom Cruise's personal charm is self-evident, and the chemistry between him and Renée Zellweger is sweet enough to overflow the screen; Cuba Gooding Jr. shines brightly, and with the fermentation of internet memes, looking back years later, Jerry Maguire has established its own classic status as a romantic/sports comedy. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/24/24 Full Review William R. P I'll never watch it: 1. Tom Cruise 2. Sports Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 01/22/24 Full Review Unfiltered S Great movie all around Rated 5 out of 5 stars 12/30/23 Full Review matthias s "Jerry Maguire" is an incredible entertaining movie starring Tom Cruise, who delivers an outstanding performance as the titular character, a sports agent. With memorable quotes like "Show me the money!" and "help me help you," Cruise showcases his A-game, supported by a talented cast including Renée Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr. The film, penned by Cameron Crowe, expertly blends drama, romance, and comedy, exploring themes of self-discovery and the power of relationships. Directed by Crowe, it weaves heartwarming moments with comedic brilliance, enhanced by an iconic soundtrack. "Jerry Maguire" is not just about sports and contracts; it's a story about loyalty and taking leaps of faith. With its engaging storyline and Cruise's stellar performance, this movie is a must-see for all, earning it a well-deserved four-star rating. The only reason im not giving it 5 stars is because of its lengthy runtime. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 11/11/23 Full Review Alec B Centering a dramedy around a character's paradigm shift is nothing new (nor was it new in 1996), but "Jerry Maguire" succeeds in being somewhat more original in how it presents the near impossibility of that kind of change. The ending may be a little too optimistic, but just about everything else that precedes it has a maturity and thoughtfulness you don't often get in films of this kind. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 11/10/23 Full Review Paola M Película aburrída y con un humor. Muy seco no la recomiendo muy larga y no aporta más que una visión diferente y poco conmovedora un fiasco Rated 1 out of 5 stars 10/28/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Jerry Maguire

Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - You Had Me at Hello Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - You Had Me at Hello 1:48 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Not Gonna Cry Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Not Gonna Cry 2:03 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - In Rod We Trust Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - In Rod We Trust 2:12 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Jerry Dumps Avery Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Jerry Dumps Avery 2:10 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Who's Coming With Me? Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Who's Coming With Me? 2:13 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Play With Heart Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Play With Heart 1:32 Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Help Me Help You Jerry Maguire: Official Clip - Help Me Help You 2:12 View more videos

Critics Reviews

View All (90) Critics Reviews
      Duane Byrge Hollywood Reporter On the jock front, Gooding is so believable in his role as Jerry's selfish, pea-brained, wide receiver client that the Dallas Cowboys might consider signing him to complement Michael Irvin. Dec 18, 2018 Full Review Candice Frederick Reel Talk Online Cruise brilliantly portrays a man on the brink of losing his marbles and his grip on reality as he knows it: he's hilarious, sad and desperate but still seems charming in this 1996 movie. Rated: A Sep 12, 2017 Full Review Dave Kehr New York Daily News Zellweger's rumpled, anti-star quality plays in perfect contrast to Preston's buff and polish. She redeems Jerry Maguire and Tom Cruise, too by making him human again. Rated: 3.5/4 Aug 24, 2016 Full Review Matt Brunson Film Frenzy For all its salient points about surviving in the ’90s workplace and rediscovering the true measure of success, the film is ultimately an old-fashioned love story. Rated: 3.5/4 Apr 12, 2023 Full Review Wesley Lovell Cinema Sight A promising filmmaker gives audiences just what they crave with Jerry Maguire, a moderately in depth look at the world of sports client management. Rated: 3.5/4 Feb 12, 2022 Full Review Stephen Silver Tilt Magazine One of the most popular and important romantic comedies of the 1990s (25th anniversary) Rated: 4/5 Dec 15, 2021 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis When slick sports agent Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise) has a crisis of conscience, he pens a heartfelt company-wide memo that promptly gets him fired. Desperate to hang on to the athletes that he represents, Jerry starts his own management firm, with only single mother Dorothy Boyd (Renee Zellweger) joining him in his new venture. Banking on their sole client, football player Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr.), Jerry and Dorothy begin to fall in love as they struggle to make their business work.
      Director
      Cameron Crowe
      Executive Producer
      Bridget Johnson
      Screenwriter
      Cameron Crowe
      Distributor
      Columbia Tristar, TriStar Pictures, Columbia TriStar Home Video
      Production Co
      TriStar Pictures
      Rating
      R