Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

Color Out of Space

Released Jan 24, 2020 1 hr. 51 min. Horror Sci-Fi TRAILER for Color Out of Space: Trailer 1 List
      86% 209 Reviews Tomatometer 82% 50+ Verified Ratings Audience Score After a meteorite lands in the front yard of their farm, Nathan Gardner and his family find themselves battling a mutant extraterrestrial organism that infects their minds and bodies, transforming their quiet rural life into a technicolor nightmare. Read More Read Less Watch on Fandango at Home Premiered Jul 17 Buy Now

Where to Watch

Color Out of Space

Fandango at Home Prime Video Apple TV

Rent Color Out of Space on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Color Out of Space

What to Know

Critics Consensus

A welcome return for director Richard Stanley, Color Out of Space mixes tart B-movie pulp with visually alluring Lovecraftian horror and a dash of gonzo Nicolas Cage.

Read Critics Reviews

Audience Reviews

View All (510) audience reviews
      Audience Member Incredible movie, some of the acting isn't 100% perfect but the visuals, story and atmosphere are just fantastic. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/07/23 Full Review The ALPACAS HP Lovecraft and Nicolas Cage are a great combination! Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 02/04/20 Full Review Brian Y It was remarkably consistent with the story in the book (compared with many others from H.P. Lovecraft adaptations to the screen). The visuals and sounds were wonderful at presenting an ominous environment without too much "showing the monster" as so many modern horror films do. See it while you can! Rated 4 out of 5 stars 02/03/20 Full Review Gregory S Rarely do I say a movie stinks, but what the heck? Fandango, can I get my money back? Arclight, what are you thinking wasting a screen on this crap? I should have been clued in as soon as I realized nick cage was in this. Moviegoers, you cant get your two hours back, don’t waste your time. Rated 0.5 out of 5 stars 02/02/20 Full Review Audience Member Being a huge fan of the film Mandy and an even bigger fan of Lovecraft, and good horror in general, I couldn't wait to see what this severely underrated director (Hardware) could do with the material. Having Nicholas Cage was the icing on the cake. What wonders this actor is capable of when allowed some freedom. Such a haunting film in the way it portrays the Color Out of Space. The superb cinematography, directing, acting and visuals will all haunt you ling after the credits roll. And quite possibly one of the greatest horror soundtracks of all tine. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 01/21/23 Full Review Josh Fantastic, though expected it to be a little edgier. Still, great fun. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/31/20 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

Critics Reviews

View All (209) Critics Reviews
      Robbie Collin Daily Telegraph (UK) I found the results authentically nightmarish, perhaps especially thanks to the film's unusual rhythm for horror: not a panicky staccato but a fuzzy-edged, narcotic throb. Rated: 4/5 Feb 17, 2021 Full Review Nick Schager The Daily Beast A trippy and grotesque vision of the real and unreal colliding in the New England wilderness, energized by memorably out-there effects and its reliably rage-y leading man. Feb 2, 2021 Full Review Ed Potton Times (UK) Stylised weirdness can only take you so far, though. Rated: 2/5 Mar 2, 2020 Full Review Dallas King Flick Feast A lovingly crafted Lovecraft adaptation... It features some of the most gruesome practical effects work seen since The Thing Rated: 5/5 Nov 11, 2022 Full Review Brian Eggert Deep Focus Review Stanley crafts some incredible, genuinely disturbing visuals, marking the feature-length return of a filmmaker whose clear vision piques one's interest for whatever comes next. Rated: 3/4 Feb 22, 2022 Full Review Victoria Luxford metro.co.uk Some will revel in the mystery and symbolism of the visuals, others will just watch, jaws agape, at how bonkers everything is. Rated: 3.5/5 Feb 21, 2022 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis After a meteorite lands in the front yard of their farm, Nathan Gardner and his family find themselves battling a mutant extraterrestrial organism that infects their minds and bodies, transforming their quiet rural life into a technicolor nightmare.
      Director
      Richard Stanley
      Executive Producer
      Peter Wong, Elisa Lleras, Emma Lee
      Screenwriter
      Scarlett Amaris
      Distributor
      RLJE Films
      Production Co
      SpectreVision, XYZ Films, ACE Pictures Entertainment
      Genre
      Horror, Sci-Fi