Rotten Tomatoes

Movies / TV

Celebrity

No Results Found

Movies Tv shows Shop News Showtimes

QT8: The First Eight

2019 1 hr. 40 min. Documentary TRAILER for QT8: The First Eight: Fathom Events Trailer List
      92% 25 Reviews Tomatometer 92% 50+ Ratings Audience Score From "Reservoir Dogs" to "The Hateful Eight," actors and collaborators examine the first eight films from acclaimed director/screenwriter Quentin Tarantino. Read More Read Less Watch on Peacock Stream Now

Where to Watch

QT8: The First Eight

Fandango at Home Peacock Prime Video Apple TV

Rent QT8: The First Eight on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV, or buy it on Fandango at Home, Prime Video, Apple TV.

Audience Reviews

View All (10) audience reviews
      Teddy B A comprehensive and incisive documentary that highlights one of cinema's most unique contributors. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 04/23/24 Full Review Audience Member I'm not a big cinema history guy so a lot of this information was new and interesting and, aside from Kubrick, I can't think of any other director with as large a body of work that I am more excited to watch. The doc was easy to follow, looking at his films in chronological order, accompanied with interviews from many of his famous recurring stars. I do appreciate how, while maybe not adequately blamed in some eyes, the doc did confront negative events such as Uma Thurman's crash on Kill Bill and the relationship Tarantino and Weinstein had for so many years. 7.5/10 Samuel L. Jackson Binge: Jackson was heavily featured and offered many interesting insights on working with Tarantino, and on his own personal approach to acting as well, each of which I found more relevant having watched so much of their work lately. SLJ January #70 Rated 3.5 out of 5 stars 01/20/23 Full Review james b Well it's about the making of Q.T.s first EIGHT movies so I think that should be enough for most YES..? Rated 4 out of 5 stars 03/31/23 Full Review Audience Member It's just fascinating to see a bit of Tarantino's process through some of his co workers and friends. It's exceptionally made, and they don't shy away from the hard subjects. Tarantino is an absolute genius, and this film definitely does him justice. Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/18/23 Full Review Audience Member Muy buen documental que narra la historias de las 8 primeras películas dirigidas por Tarantino. Desde su increíble comienzo como "Reservoir Dogs", su fama en Cannes y algo de su vida "geek". Las entrevistas con Samuel Jackson, Christoph Waltz, Zoe Bell y Michael Madsen son muy buenas. Rated 4 out of 5 stars 01/24/23 Full Review Audience Member Fantastic documentary, with a deeper looking inside the mind of qt, highly recommended Rated 5 out of 5 stars 02/25/23 Full Review Read all reviews Post a rating

Cast & Crew

86% % Friedkin Uncut TRAILER for Friedkin Uncut 100% % Master of Dark Shadows 90% 66% You Don't Nomi TRAILER for You Don't Nomi 93% 90% The Capote Tapes TRAILER for The Capote Tapes 94% 58% Richard Linklater: Dream Is Destiny TRAILER for Richard Linklater: Dream Is Destiny Discover more movies and TV shows. View More

Critics Reviews

View All (25) Critics Reviews
      Philip De Semlyen Time Out For all the fun clips and well-placed interviewees, this Tarantino doc has all the critical punch of a DVD extra. Rated: 2/5 Dec 9, 2019 Full Review Owen Gleiberman Variety Even those who already know a great deal about Tarantino will groove on the anecdotes and insights. Oct 19, 2019 Full Review John Brhel Vague Visages QT8: The First Eight is a serviceable, well-edited survey of Tarantino’s filmography prior to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood... Jun 5, 2023 Full Review Yasser Medina Cinefilia I certainly find entertaining the way it reviews the first 21 years of the career of an extraordinary director who has already built a legend around his films. Full review in Spanish Rated: 7/10 Apr 30, 2022 Full Review Andrew Dex Starburst Stunningly describing his creative blueprints and infectious personality, QT8 hits the mark when it comes to showing off Tarantino's special and highly influential career. Rated: 8/10 Feb 5, 2020 Full Review Edwin Arnaudin Asheville Movies A master class in Quentin Tarantino's films - minus the participation of the master himself. Rated: 4.5/5 Feb 3, 2020 Full Review Read all reviews

Movie Info

Synopsis From "Reservoir Dogs" to "The Hateful Eight," actors and collaborators examine the first eight films from acclaimed director/screenwriter Quentin Tarantino.
      Director
      Tara Wood
      Executive Producer
      Allen Gilmer, Einar Langesater, Katelyn Lieber, Veronica Rushing
      Screenwriter
      Tara Wood
      Production Co
      Wood Entertainment
      Genre
      Documentary
      Original Language
      English